Columbia SIPA MPA 2020

shrishti

1 minute ago, spnfiim said:

Guys, I got to know that admission results of MPA-EPM (SIPA)  have already been declared yesterday. It is confirmed and I have seen result of a close friend myself. So, in all likelihood, expect the MPA results today at its regular time.  

Hi! Thanks for sharing the info. Any news about MIA? And 'regular time' would be 6 pm EST? 

4 minutes ago, thediesel said:

@spnfiim said an MPA-EPM result was released yesterday and that results should be released today. I'm not holding out hope though. COVID-19 has thrown everything off. Hope I'm proved wrong.

Do they usually release MPA/MIA the day after MPA-EPM?

10 minutes ago, thediesel said:

Well we can't get denied if we never get the results ...

thediesel spitting nothing but truths 

also I'm super anxious, it's 1.35 am here and I can't sleep. fingers crossed it's soon!

Not sure if it helps or hurts,  but I just re-opened my letter to see if there were any updates and it reminded me that it plays New York, New York, by Frank Sinatra when it opens. I remember when I opened it originally and the music played before I was able to read anything ?

They did say we'll hear back by mid-March (technically the 15th?) so if not today the latest would be Friday (the 13th) since I don't think they'd send anything over the weekend. Hope we won't have to wait that long because this is debilitating! 

Just now, QP6161 said:

Not sure if it helps or hurts,  but I just re-opened my letter to see if there were any updates and it reminded me that it plays New York, New York, by Frank Sinatra when it opens. I remember when I opened it originally and the music played before I was able to read anything ?

Ok I will end up either loving or hating that song :))) was it only when you first open it or does it have the song everytime you do? 

1 minute ago, carriposa22 said:

They did say we'll hear back by mid-March (technically the 15th?) so if not today the latest would be Friday (the 13th) since I don't think they'd send anything over the weekend. Hope we won't have to wait that long because this is debilitating! 

Well it could be argued that mid March could be any day that isn’t early March or late March. What constitutes any of those periods is up to the author. They played their cards right by being intentionally vague. 

9 minutes ago, thediesel said:

Well it could be argued that mid March could be any day that isn’t early March or late March. What constitutes any of those periods is up to the author. They played their cards right by being intentionally vague. 

Right, but hopefully it'll be this week since March 16-20 is Spring Recess. Not sure if the Admissions Office would work during the break....

Just now, kime said:

Right, but hopefully it'll be this week since March 16-20 is Spring Recess. Not sure if the Admissions Office would work during the break....

I'd be shocked if they release after Friday...

1 minute ago, amr2020 said:

thanks! I guess at least we know the admission team is still open? what do you make of it?

4 minutes ago, kime said:

also correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that it is quite usual for admission teams to work during spring break, which is really sad to hear