Columbia SIPA MPA 2020

shrishti

Now I read my letter again, it says " In a few weeks you will receive specific information on the cost of attendance and possible sources of aid. "...Probably not much then ...haizzzz. Still, can't believe I got into Columbiaaaaaaa..happy happy 

1 hour ago, keurimja said:

Thank you for the kind words! I will wait until HKS decisions are released (hopefully by next week) to make my final determination.

Congratulations on Johns Hopkins by the way!

Thank you! Yeah, I'm also waiting to hear back from HKS even though my hopes aren't that high... Fingers crossed :)

46 minutes ago, graduate2020 said:

Congrats to all! 

Got accepted to SIPA MIA with a $60k total package ($30k/year). Waiting on HKS but will have to decide b/w SIPA, SAIS, Harris, Fletcher, and McCourt within the next month. Very stressful times! 

I’m in the same boat. Accepted to Georgetown, SAIS, SIPA and Fletcher... now just waiting on HKS.

I received the aforementioned language ... “in the next few weeks.... cost of attendance... possible sources of aid” ... I’m presuming this means I did not receive any scholarship assistance/shouldn’t expect any in the coming weeks? Would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Congrats to all! ?

37 minutes ago, thediesel said:

Well, that’s a wrap then. In with no aid is as good as a rejection. Hope my spot can go to someone on the waitlist. 

Should still feel proud that we got in, despite no funding information yet! Still a great achievement :)

1 hour ago, Spunkydudette said:

I’m in the same boat. Accepted to Georgetown, SAIS, SIPA and Fletcher... now just waiting on HKS.

I received the aforementioned language ... “in the next few weeks.... cost of attendance... possible sources of aid” ... I’m presuming this means I did not receive any scholarship assistance/shouldn’t expect any in the coming weeks? Would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Congrats to all! ?

Congrats on all your acceptances! Perhaps, we can pick each other’s brain later to weigh options. If I were you, I’d wait till HKS is out. And then, negotiate with schools with the best offer in your hands as your leverage (e.g. I’ll reach out to Fletcher to see if they can match SAIS’s offer).