Columbia SIPA MPA 2020

shrishti

1 hour ago, Yass said:

To those that didn't get any financial aid and have other offers with scholarships, are you still considering to attend SIPA? 

I got in without aid. My estimates put SIPA at about 120k before living expenses. I received stronger offers from other schools. I can’t seriously consider attending SIPA if I would leave with that level of debt. That’s just me, every situation is different! 

1 hour ago, Yass said:

To those that didn't get any financial aid and have other offers with scholarships, are you still considering to attend SIPA? 

Yes, I'd like to know, too! I've also got into the Columbia QMSS so I've the option to pursue a dual degree but with no funding from SIPA, that would be hard. Not sure if the ROI on the dual degree would be THAT high with zero aid when I could easily complete the QMSS in a year and cross-register for SIPA coursework, too

1 hour ago, Yass said:

2 years at SIPA without any aid is not possible for me as well, especially when SAIS and Fletcher have given me some aid. I am however considering the option to pursue a dual degree at SIPA with one year at a low cost School. 

FYI, here is the link to the financial aid reconsideration request form: https://apply.sipa.columbia.edu/register/awardappeal. I received an email today stating that all aid has been offered, and that reconsideration requests will be considered after April 15. Most programs require commitment on April 15, so the appeal process may not be useful.

42 minutes ago, ab1987 said:

2 years at SIPA without any aid is not possible for me as well, especially when SAIS and Fletcher have given me some aid. I am however considering the option to pursue a dual degree at SIPA with one year at a low cost School. 

Is there a list of schools that participate in dual degree with SIPA?

1 hour ago, thediesel said:

FYI, here is the link to the financial aid reconsideration request form: https://apply.sipa.columbia.edu/register/awardappeal. I received an email today stating that all aid has been offered, and that reconsideration requests will be considered after April 15. Most programs require commitment on April 15, so the appeal process may not be useful.

So strange... I received no such email. I feel like there could be a few glitches going on. 

Edited by Spunkydudette

2 minutes ago, Spunkydudette said:

So strange... I received no such email. I feel like there could be a few glitches going on. 

I never received a scholarship letter/financial aid notice (even to tell me I didn't get any) in the first place... let alone that email you received today @thediesel

I just received an email directing me to their financial aid student portal, which made me create a student account using a pin code given in the email. It's a funky, low-tech website. Under the tab called "Accept Awards," it showed that I was offered a federal work study position for a total of $4,000 (2k per year), and it also gave me a figure for a FAFSA unsubsidized loan. So nothing that impacts my decision to not attend SIPA, but maybe it means that other folks who hadn't received news about aid yet will still be offered something. 

@ehallwyo can you please share the link of the financial aid student portal? I cannot find it.

On other hand, a question for the ones that received the a financial aid letter, its a link at the bottom of the online acceptance letter with the ny music right? Thanks everyone!

Got accepted into the MPA-DP but it seems that without funding, so its kind of bittersweet. Thanks!!

Edited by rmbb

Congratulations to all those accepted. I have received some generous aid and contingent TA in second year with the offer letter for MPA program.

My query is regarding this recent mail about financial aid portal and award acceptance. Will accepting the award debar one from putting a reconsideration request? Or it's a logical first step to appeal it.

Does anyone know, how successful one can get during reconsideration process, any experience with anyone known to you or any of your friend's case.

Edited by Haber
Better wording

16 hours ago, Policy_Applicant2020 said:

Yes. It was a part of the scholarship letter.

so if we did not receive award money is it safe to assume we were not selected for the fellowship either? so confused.

1 hour ago, PP2020 said:

Just got an email regarding financial aid. Tried to log-in and I am locked out of my account. I think it might just be loans though, no awards. 

Is it a generic email to everyone accepted in the program? I haven't received this email...

1 hour ago, Haber said:

Congratulations to all those accepted. I have received some generous aid and contingent TA in second year with the offer letter for MPA program.

My query is regarding this recent mail about financial aid portal and award acceptance. Will accepting the award debar one from putting a reconsideration request? Or it's a logical first step to appeal it.

Does anyone know, how successful one can get during reconsideration process, any experience with anyone known to you or any of your friend's case.

Do not accept the aid if you want to try and renegotiate.