2020 Applicants Forum

feralgrad

2 minutes ago, bruin228 said:

I haven’t - very anxious.

I’m starting to think they’ll go out tomorrow and I feel like an idiot for waiting all day for this. No one’s posted any rejections. If y’all can’t tell, I hate waiting, I’m extraordinarily bad at it. 

3 minutes ago, bruin228 said:

Has anyone posted any fiction or poetry acceptances from there?

Fiction, poetry, and CNF acceptances went out yesterday. The rejections typically go out the next day, but in 2018 they went out two days afterwards so I’m gonna wager that the rejections are going out tomorrow.

Has anyone heard anything from Johns Hopkins? I saw some rejections posted on the results board, but I also don’t want to assume that no news is good news and get my hopes up. It’s the only one that I keep thinking I will hear back from soon and it’s driving me crazy.

Based on previous years, the programs I applied to only notify by email. So I'm just stuck in the Purgatory of refreshing Gmail every 30 seconds... Every time I see a new message my heart leaps, but it's usually a Micheals coupon or something haha!

I guess we're in the same boat, just different mediums.

29 minutes ago, feralgrad said:

Based on previous years, the programs I applied to only notify by email. So I'm just stuck in the Purgatory of refreshing Gmail every 30 seconds... Every time I see a new message my heart leaps, but it's usually a Micheals coupon or something haha!

Only another week or two more of this anxiety hell. ?

Edited by rbr542

8 minutes ago, rbr542 said:

Only another week or two more of this anxiety hell. ?

Yeah, I'm praying I'll have firm answers within two weeks! I'm really hoping GMU will send funding information next week (I got an email suggesting they might). Not to digress, but I've been going through some difficult family/personal stuff this week, and it's been really hard to weather that + the next 2-3 years of my life being completely up in the air...

2 minutes ago, feralgrad said:

Yeah, I'm praying I'll have firm answers within two weeks! I'm really hoping GMU will send funding information next week (I got an email suggesting they might). Not to digress, but I've been going through some difficult family/personal stuff this week, and it's been really hard to weather that + the next 2-3 years of my life being completely up in the air...

Sorry to hear that....hang in there. This too shall pass.

1 hour ago, feralgrad said:

The Michael's coupons get me too. I still shop there I'm just a little more bitter when I go.

9 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Definitely just got rejected by WUSTL, and I know that getting into any one of my top three after that is going to be really hard. Maybe I should invest some time into finding a backup plan in case this all goes south.

Sorry about the rejection. Keep in mind that it's all subjective. Just because you didn't get into WUSTL, doesn't mean another program won't think you're a good fit!

12 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Definitely just got rejected by WUSTL, and I know that getting into any one of my top three after that is going to be really hard. Maybe I should invest some time into finding a backup plan in case this all goes south.

I'm sorry, dude, although it looks like you're in good company.

When I started getting rejections last year, I took the time to polish my latest stories and send them to a couple publications. They didn't end up getting published, but it kept me writing and moving forward.

Did anyone apply to UNM for creative writing? Their MFA application guidelines specifically state NOT to send official transcripts until you've been admitted. I got a letter from them a couple days ago asking for official transcripts, but I haven't been admitted.. They already have my unofficial transcripts, so I'm not sure why they're asking for official ones out of the blue. Anyone else get such a letter from them?

14 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

We're here for you no matter what.

28 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Sorry for the R, but its so subjective, and may not have been an aesthetic match. Last year, someone got rejected at Rutgers and got into Michener. Don't loose hope yet, you have a bunch pending!!