2020 Applicants Forum

feralgrad

@litty I don't believe there's an admitted students' day, but scheduling something with a current student might be smart. Honestly I'd go for it without a second thought if it weren't for the location (I have to drive on all the most terrifying highways in my area to get there).

2 minutes ago, sallyvalley said:

Fingers crossed for you? I'm also waiting for (dreading) any updates from WashU at this point but gonna let myself hope until I hear the final word

Fingers crossed for you too. As far as I’m aware rejections typically come out the day after, so as long as we make it through tomorrow, we might hit the waitlist.

Hi! 

New on the forum. Applied to almost entirely reach schools: Iowa, Michigan, UVA, Vanderbilt, NC State, Temple, UNO online (just for option), and University of Cincinnati (although it's an an MA not MFA). Just wishing everyone luck and saying 'hi,' instead of just anonymously trolling the message board. 

1 hour ago, Ydrl said:

Fingers crossed for you too. As far as I’m aware rejections typically come out the day after, so as long as we make it through tomorrow, we might hit the waitlist.

Fingers crossed! I'm waiting for them too. It was kind of a long shot cause I sent them (and Iowa) an earlier draft of my Writing Sample, but still... Bummer :(

when you say "portal" do you mean ApplyWeb? is there a separate WUSTL portal that I've been totally unaware of? if the former, where would it even say? does the "Submitted" bar change to "Accepted" or "Rejected"? I feel...dumb hahah. 

(also, hi all! I've been lurking without commenting to this point, but have been sending lots of good vibes to everyone!)

21 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

@GernderKitten @sallyvalley did you see the rejection on the results page? Think it’s real? I checked my portal and I’m still in limbo. Are either of you, or anyone else really, willing to check your portal and report back?

I'm pretty sure that rejection is someone being cheeky and expecting to be rejected. They have their email receipt as tomorrow 2/6 (Could be from Asia, but tons of people are stalking WUSTL announcements, I would expect more noise if rejections were going out). 

Edited by litty

3 minutes ago, litty said:

I'm pretty sure that rejection is someone being cheeky and expecting to be rejected. They have their email receipt as tomorrow 2/6 (Could be from Asia, but tons of people are stalking WUSTL announcements, I would expect more noise if rejections were going out). 

I think so too. I’m still “Ready for Review”, if a bunch of us are still in limbo then I’ll know for a fact that person was trying to give us all heart attacks.

6 minutes ago, pirhiaa20 said:

when you say "portal" do you mean ApplyWeb? is there a separate WUSTL portal that I've been totally unaware of? if the former, where would it even say? does the "Submitted" bar change to "Accepted" or "Rejected"? I feel...dumb hahah. 

(also, hi all! I've been lurking without commenting to this point, but have been sending lots of good vibes to everyone!)

Ah, in your “view checklist” section it will say your status under application status.

16 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Ah, in your “view checklist” section it will say your status under application status.

Mine still says ready for review @Ydrl @pirhiaa20 @GernderKitten (sorry if i forgot to tag someone i love you no less)

Unless somebody did get an update and had a typo, i think @litty pretty much called it as someone being petty

Hi. I’ve been kind of lurking through this forum the last week or so since I found out it existed lol. 
I got accepted to Washington University by email today. I replied mostly to let the people worrying know that my portal still says “ready to review” and I was accepted. So not sure it can be trusted at the mo. 

I also applied to UMN, Iowa Nonfiction writers workshop and UC riverside. So far waitlist at Minnesota and accepted at WashU. I’m so stoked!

On 2/5/2020 at 7:58 PM, Yesgirlstoo said:

Hi. I’ve been kind of lurking through this forum the last week or so since I found out it existed lol. 
I got accepted to Washington University by email today. I replied mostly to let the people worrying know that my portal still says “ready to review” and I was accepted. So not sure it can be trusted at the mo. 

I also applied to UMN, Iowa Nonfiction writers workshop and UC riverside. So far waitlist at Minnesota and accepted at WashU. I’m so stoked!

congratulations!!! so excited for you<3 

also tysm for the info, that honestly keeps me from refreshing every 5 minutes

1 minute ago, sallyvalley said:

congratulations!!! so excited for you<3 

also tysm for the info, that honestly keeps me from refreshing every 5 minutes

No problem! And thank you!

Thanks to everyone who adds the intel they have to this forum. It alleviates some anxiety (as well as induces some!). Good luck everyone!

I got accepted to Washington University by email today.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:48 PM, presentperfect said:

Hi! 

New on the forum. 

Welcome to all the newcomers and congrats to @Yesgirlstoo 

I also applied to UMN, Iowa Nonfiction writers workshop and UC riverside. So far waitlist at Minnesota and accepted at Wash U. I’m so stoked!

Salute! And to clarify, WUSTL for CNF, yes?

3 hours ago, presentperfect said:

Hi! -

New on the forum. Applied to almost entirely reach schools: Iowa, Michigan, UVA, Vanderbilt, NC State, Temple, UNO online (just for option), and University of Cincinnati (although it's an an MA not MFA). Just wishing everyone luck and saying 'hi,' instead of just anonymously trolling the message board. 

Welcome! Good luck!

UNO- University of New Orleans?

I also applied to UMN, Iowa Nonfiction writers workshop and UC riverside. So far waitlist at Minnesota and accepted at Wash U. I’m so stoked!

Congratulations!!

Hey all! Just joined. Not sure if this helps anyone out, but if you're waitlisted at U of Minnesota, they'll tell you exactly what number you are on the list if you ask (I did). I'm not sure if this is the case with every program or just at some? This is my first time applying to MFAs!

17 minutes ago, casskress said:

Hey all! Just joined. Not sure if this helps anyone out, but if you're waitlisted at U of Minnesota, they'll tell you exactly what number you are on the list if you ask (I did). I'm not sure if this is the case with every program or just at some? This is my first time applying to MFAs!

Hey, welcome. Good luck