2020 Applicants Forum

feralgrad

2 hours ago, Ydrl said:

Dear god, I hope the forum is back for good today.

@feralgrad are you the GMU acceptance? I hope it was you.

Yes, that was me!! I was absolutely vibrating at my desk cos the forum was down & I wanted to tell y'all. 

It's my first result of the season. I was feeling so miserable today at work, and it really lifted my spirits. And thank y'all (you especially, Y) for your support!

Edited by feralgrad

3 minutes ago, feralgrad said:

Yes, that was me!! I was absolutely vibrating at my desk cos the forum was down & I wanted to tell y'all. 

It's my first result of the season. I was feeling so miserable today at work, and it really lifted my spirits. And thank y'all (you especially, Y) for your support!

AHHHHHHH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

11 minutes ago, feralgrad said:

Congratulations!!!  So, so happy for you.?

2 hours ago, feralgrad said:

Congrats!!!

4 hours ago, feralgrad said:

Congrats!

11 hours ago, feralgrad said:

Oh heck yeah! So so so happy for you, hopefully this is a season full of victories and generous funding! 

Edited by Ydrl

Anyone else ready to email Syracuse, WashU, or a program that usually gets back to people around this time? I have a half complete draft to Syracuse but I’m irrationally scared.

3 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Anyone else ready to email Syracuse, WashU, or a program that usually gets back to people around this time? I have a half complete draft to Syracuse but I’m irrationally scared.

Although there's no need to be scared, in my experience those emails don't generally do any good. Usually just come back with "we'll let you know at some point :^)"

Sometimes they give a more specific time range, but even then they have no obligation to honor it. It absolutely sucks, but adcoms are a black box that we simply can't peer into.

17 hours ago, feralgrad said:

Congratulations!!!!

4 hours ago, MFAhopeful57 said:

I got into Stony Brook! Super excited :)

Congrats! And congrats @feralgrad on GMU.

It looks like Minnesota started notifying some poetry acceptances and waitlist people, so I probably did not get in... I'm starting to wish I applied to more than six places. But then again, I really, really love the programs I applied to. I just want some good news to share with everyone soon! :)

9 minutes ago, rbr542 said:

Does anyone know how many of the 12 seats at the Michener program are for fiction?

Since they offer four concentrations, I imagine seats are split evenly between them (so three for fiction).

1 minute ago, feralgrad said:

Since they offer four concentrations, I imagine seats are split evenly between them (so three for fiction).

Ah....somehow, I just thought of this, which made me open my personal statement, in which I found a blunder. Oh well...