Fall 2020 Statistics Applicant Thread

ENE1

On 1/11/2020 at 9:24 PM, JD009 said:

Did anyone here about acceptance from any other university?

Not yet - but in the past, most unis only start sending out offers in late January or February.

7 hours ago, mikstabio said:

Minnesota biostats sent out first round offers some time ago. Brown biostat has also sent out interview invitations.

Interesting. Usually there are a ton of people who post results on the results page (much more than participate in the forum). I wonder why that's not the case this year.

6 hours ago, bayessays said:

Interesting. Usually there are a ton of people who post results on the results page (much more than participate in the forum). I wonder why that's not the case this year.

I've been thinking that as well. Been monitoring here. Perhaps fewer admissions offers sent out, or just a less inclined group this cycle. I guess we will see if it changes the later on we get...

@statpoke I saw people posted BU interview on the results page, but I didn't get anything yet. Emailed the department and here is the response: 

We have started to review applications and expect to make most of our PhD decisions by the end of January.

Hi all! Just checking in with others. Already got one admission offer, but still waiting for the majority of programs to get back to me.

Undergrad institution: large state school (top-100)

Major: economics & mathematics

GPA: 4.0

GRE: quant 167, verbal 163, essay 4.5

Research: honors research resulting in publication 

Schools applied: UNC, UW Madison, CMU, UPitt, Ohio State, UC Berkeley, Duke, TAMU, UT Austin, UC Irvine, UMich Ann Arbor

Admitted: Ohio State