Audiology Applicants 2020

aud2be2024

For those who are waiting to hear back from the University of Arizona and UT Austin, U of Arizona will send out admission decisions starting March 16th and UT Austin will send theirs during the week of March 9th! 

I was at interview day at Wayne State University, and wow...what a program! I am super excited that I got the acceptance email after interviews yesterday! The wayne aud students were there too and were talking about how awesome the classes are and how they have so many different clinic placements. They all love the teachers, supervisors, and the program and seem very happy. They had a student forum yesterday too, and a lot of them said they applied for a graduate scholarship every year and most got it. I think they said it covers 10 credits for two semesters per year! I'm going to apply for it and keep my fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!

On 2/28/2020 at 11:13 AM, Joan12345 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Univ. Nebraska Lincoln? 

I had a skype interview with Nebraska a couple weeks ago. I haven't heard anything since. Going off previous years, they mail their decisions the first week of March, so we should be getting something soon.

22 hours ago, AuDx said:

I was at interview day at Wayne State University, and wow...what a program! I am super excited that I got the acceptance email after interviews yesterday! The wayne aud students were there too and were talking about how awesome the classes are and how they have so many different clinic placements. They all love the teachers, supervisors, and the program and seem very happy. They had a student forum yesterday too, and a lot of them said they applied for a graduate scholarship every year and most got it. I think they said it covers 10 credits for two semesters per year! I'm going to apply for it and keep my fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!

I was there too and was THRILLED when i got my acceptance email! I've been trying to apply for the scholarship but I have had issues logging into the account to apply. Have you been having any of those issues? 

On 2/26/2020 at 1:00 PM, AuDhopefull said:

Hi everyone! I am not applying this year, but am looking at applying to AuD programs next year. I am a bit worried though because I have relatively low stats: a 3.42 overall GPA, 150 V, 149 Q, and a 6 on the writing portion of the GRE. Because of this, I am looking to apply to some less competitive AuD programs. Does anyone have any program suggestions that have been traditionally less competitive? Thank you all and good luck on apps and interviews this year! :)

Hi there! I have a higher GPA (3.94) but my GRE was 155 V /145 QR / 4 AW, and so far my GRE has not been brought up at all. I was going to retake it but didn't and am glad that I didn't bother. As far as less competitive programs - I realized through this forum that not many people apply to the schools that I applied to. I believe I'm the only one in the forum that applied to Western Washington Univ or Utah State - and only a couple people applied to the CO schools. I've already gotten in to Utah and expect to hear from Western next week. 

Good luck to you!

3 hours ago, Lita E said:

Hi there! I have a higher GPA (3.94) but my GRE was 155 V /145 QR / 4 AW, and so far my GRE has not been brought up at all. I was going to retake it but didn't and am glad that I didn't bother. As far as less competitive programs - I realized through this forum that not many people apply to the schools that I applied to. I believe I'm the only one in the forum that applied to Western Washington Univ or Utah State - and only a couple people applied to the CO schools. I've already gotten in to Utah and expect to hear from Western next week. 

Good luck to you!

Hi, I know friends at several schools who started in the last two years. I wanted to stay in the midwest-Mainly Michigan or Ohio. In Michigan, there's Wayne State, Central Michigan and Western Michigan. Wayne has an interview day so they can get to know you in person and CM has an open house day too. I suggest scheduling a time when you could talk to someone from each program either over the phone or in person to get an idea of what they are looking for and if you would like to go there too. GV also opened a new program but I didn't apply there. It's a shorter program and not accredited and I would be worried about the quality of training. I am so happy I was accepted to Wayne! I already emailed and said I accept the offer. So excited!

Edited by AuDx

6 hours ago, KenzAUD said:

I was there too and was THRILLED when i got my acceptance email! I've been trying to apply for the scholarship but I have had issues logging into the account to apply. Have you been having any of those issues? 

Congratulations! I was able to apply. I hope we both get it! Good luck!

Edited by AuDx

On 2/24/2020 at 11:23 AM, mz0700 said:

Nice! I'll see you there :)

Are you bringing parents or just attending yourself? I'm not sure how common it is for family members to join as well. 

I'll be there with my dad-- we're traveling from Texas and I didn't want to attend on my own. 

Hey all, I wanted to chime in and tell the schools I've heard from and ask if anyone heard from schools I haven't yet! I applied to University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Kent State University (NOAC), Indiana University at Bloomington, and Vanderbilt. I was rejected from UNC. I was accepted to Kent. I have yet to hear from Indiana or Vanderbilt. Have any of you heard from them? I keep getting asked time sensitive information that's hard to answer when I have no idea the school I will be attending haha! If anyone cares about my stats they are: GRE: Verbal - 158  Quant - 145 Writing Part - 4.00 and I have a 3.98 GPA. I had next to no job experience/extracurricular activities.

3 hours ago, ShadowChildofHades said:

Hey all, I wanted to chime in and tell the schools I've heard from and ask if anyone heard from schools I haven't yet! I applied to University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Kent State University (NOAC), Indiana University at Bloomington, and Vanderbilt. I was rejected from UNC. I was accepted to Kent. I have yet to hear from Indiana or Vanderbilt. Have any of you heard from them? I keep getting asked time sensitive information that's hard to answer when I have no idea the school I will be attending haha! If anyone cares about my stats they are: GRE: Verbal - 158  Quant - 145 Writing Part - 4.00 and I have a 3.98 GPA. I had next to no job experience/extracurricular activities.

Hello! I haven’t heard from IU either. I believe someone said that their focus was on finding a new faculty member. I don’t know if that’s the reason, but it could be. Not sure if anyone else has heard from them.

Edited by onthesamewavelength
Typo

Hello! So I was recently accepted to Salus University for their 4 year audiology program (Rejected from Montclair, LI Consortium and still waiting on CUNY) and was wondering if there were others that are planning to go there or have gone there... Although its not my first choice I'm now debating if I should hold off a year and re-apply. Love if anyone has advice or reviews/information about Salus, as I have heard mixed reviews.Thank you so much! 

Edited by Aud98

Hey y'all! (Can you tell that I am from Texas yet?) Excited to start this fall for grad school. Is anyone going to the Purdue Accepted Students Day on the 27th? 

Still torn between UTD and Purdue, but hopefully that visit makes things clearer. 

image.png.3d4c22dffcc55dd956b6c4f4077eb788.png

Edited by EAReplaceable