How many Schools did you apply to?

I applied to 13! If I could go back I’d do maybe 6-7 but I wanted to make sure I spread my wings wide and got in my first try. I’ve heard too many stories of people waiting years to get into a specific school and while I had a top 5, I would’ve gone anywhere. I think you have a good amount picked out. Good luck!!

I applied to eight schools! So far: Two rejections, one pending rejection (since I wasn't interviewed), one waitlist, three acceptances (thankfully two of them were my top choices), and one pending interview.

My suggestion would be to look into the programs and what their focus is, along with any groups or specializations they offer. If you know what your area of interest is (especially if it coincides with the program or a specific faculty member in their program), speak to that and why your experiences and their program would help you become a successful clinician. I noticed that the programs I was accepted to were the ones where I articulated that the most clearly. Looking back, I would save money and only apply to programs that I truly wanted to attend, rather than letting the anxiety lead to to applying to some schools I wasn't as interested in. 

I applied to 9 and once I got into Long Beach I sent all the schools an email asking to be withdrawn from the application process so others could get my hypothetical spot. I got waitlisted at two schools, rejected from two, and interviewed without hearing back from some.

Edited by MadisonMachelle

I applied to 9 and was admitted to 8. I think it's better to apply to a smaller-ish number (<10)  that you can write really strong and personalized essays for, than it is to apply to 15-20 random schools with a generic personal statement. I would recommend doing a lot of research on the schools you're applying for. It isn't worth the time and effort to applying to a bunch of schools that you know you wouldn't be able to afford, that don't offer significant funding opportunities, etc. Pick schools that you're really excited about and work hard to make those few applications really strong!

That's not to say that you shouldn't apply to your dream schools-- but research their tuition, funding opportunities, clinical model, research, etc ahead of time so you know what you're actually looking at. Getting in isn't always enough-- you want your application to be strong enough to get funding as well, if you're applying to an expensive school.

I applied to 8 schools, got into 7. I was really freaked out about not getting in so I applied to a bunch. If I could go back I would have applied to like 3 or 4, and I would have gone for some of the higher ranked programs. 

I applied to 7! Mostly because I was favoring an online option and wanted to apply to both online and in person programs to give myself a higher likelihood of getting in. In hindsight, I think I probably applied to too many... honestly think 4 or 5 would have sufficed. The admission fee's and GRE scores sent, and transcript fees add up. But then again, expanding options is never a bad idea. Hope this helps!

Decision: NYU!

Accepted: Emerson College (online), Baylor University (online), New York University (online), Lamar University

Offered Interviews (but declined): University of St Augustine, Our Lady of the Lake University

Rejected: University of Houston

I applied to 6, got accepted to 4, waitlisted at 1, and rejected at 1.

The six I applied to: Cal State Fullerton (Accepted-going here), University of Redlands (Accepted), Washington State (Accepted), Chapman (Accepted), Loma Linda (Waitlisted), Cal State Los Angeles (Rejected).

I think I applied to a good amount but it was still a lot of money! Would definitely narrow it down as much as you can. Now that I look at where I've applied, I probably should have dropped Chapman (too expensive) and CSU LA (too competitive)

If anyone has applied to Francis Marion University just wanted to let you guys know that I had my interview today via Zoom and she let me know that they are making decisions tomorrow and we should all know something by next week. Hope this helps someone! 

• 3 weeks later...

I applied to 6 schools, I got into 3, wait-listed at 1, and rejected at 2. Six schools was a pretty solid number for me, I have friends who applied to 8-10 and they said they wish they applied to less & saved the money.

I'm posting an update to this since I finally heard back from everyone.

I applied to 6--accepted to 3, waitlisted at 1 and rejected at 2. Seemed to be a good number!