Canadian SLP Declining Offers Thread 2020

Continuing the yearly tradition!

Please post here if you are DECLINING your acceptance OR waitlist position at a school. This will HELP people get a better idea of their situation! Thanks to everyone who participates! Congrats to all the SLPs to be!

I was recently waitlisted to Western - don’t know how to feel about this. I emailed the school as I was told they usually tell you what quadrant you are in. She told me I was in the 2nd quarter... Not sure what this means since we have no idea how long the list is. Anyone know? Thanks! :) 

8 hours ago, MiaSLP said:

I was recently waitlisted to Western - don’t know how to feel about this. I emailed the school as I was told they usually tell you what quadrant you are in. She told me I was in the 2nd quarter... Not sure what this means since we have no idea how long the list is. Anyone know? Thanks! :) 

last year it was around 100-110 people!

8 hours ago, MiaSLP said:

Which email did you contact? Was it Janet? 

2 hours ago, SLPWaitlisted said:

last year it was around 100-110 people!

Ouf... that’s a lot. I am hoping at least 25+ people decline! lol...

2 hours ago, Justspeechie24 said:

Which email did you contact? Was it Janet? 

Yes! Janet!