Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

I got an email from my top program, indicating I’m on a “waitlist” for an interview, if someone was to decline or not be a good fit for the program. Is this basically a soft rejection? LOL I don’t know what to make of this. I don’t feel like I should be excited or get my hopes up, right? 

53 minutes ago, forensicpsychstu said:

Can the person who posted "There were serious discrepancies and issues with the admissions process at CUNY this year that are being investigated as several applications appear to have been affected with information either added, subtracted, or information sent to emails unassociated with the application." on the results page please expand on this? This happened to me, they sent my rejection to an email that I had NEVER provided to them and this was my first time applying to any program in the CUNY system. 

I'm just wondering how you know that there were these problems and if this possibly means that their system had been breached? Should I be worried that the information that I provided on the application has been "hacked in to" ? I did not respond to them when they send my rejection but should I respond and say something?

Ahh that's scary I wonder what they mean? I never got a rejection or any sort of correspondence from them, even though my application says it's complete online... Wonder if it's worth reaching out to their admissions coordinator?

1 hour ago, txpsychology said:

I got an email from my top program, indicating I’m on a “waitlist” for an interview, if someone was to decline or not be a good fit for the program. Is this basically a soft rejection? LOL I don’t know what to make of this. I don’t feel like I should be excited or get my hopes up, right? 

It's unlikely but it definitely happens! Sometimes people get an acceptance and choose not to attend interview days, sometimes people realize the program isn't a good fit for them. I'd say remain somewhat hopeful, you never know what could happen.

23 minutes ago, frazyfar said:

Does anyone know anything about the validity of the claim that the University of Hawaii Manoa isn’t accepting any students this year? I’m going to be livid if I spent $100 in application fees for a 0% chance at admission. 

I second that! I wonder it too:(

On 1/27/2021 at 2:08 AM, NervousNelly12 said:

Hello,

Does anyone have information about whether all invites have been sent out for:

Case Western

Wayne State

George Mason

Georgia State University

Ohio University (not OSU)

Northwestern (Weingberg)

U of Pittsburgh

And does anyone know when Minnesota is suppose to extend their invites? I'm crossing my fingers for this week. 

And has anyone heard from CT at GSU? and RB at WUSTL?

thank you in advance and DMs are welcome as well

Northwestern said they are aiming to provide interview offers in the first week of February.

14 hours ago, forensicpsychstu said:

Can the person who posted "There were serious discrepancies and issues with the admissions process at CUNY this year that are being investigated as several applications appear to have been affected with information either added, subtracted, or information sent to emails unassociated with the application." on the results page please expand on this? This happened to me, they sent my rejection to an email that I had NEVER provided to them and this was my first time applying to any program in the CUNY system. 

I'm just wondering how you know that there were these problems and if this possibly means that their system had been breached? Should I be worried that the information that I provided on the application has been "hacked in to" ? I did not respond to them when they send my rejection but should I respond and say something?

Wait, so they had another personal email address of yours without you providing it? That's a bit concerning... 

38 minutes ago, hello_psych said:

If I haven't heard back from CUNY yet, should I assume rejection? Have they sent out all invites? 
People who received interview invites from CUNY, what are the dates? I'm looking at City College. 

Same!!! Let me know if you know something pls. Apparently interviews are Feb 4th and 9th. But I never received neither an invitation nor rejection letter. 

14 hours ago, ignace74 said:

Has anyone gotten an interview from Catholic University or knows their timeline? I saw a few rejections but I'm not sure where they saw their rejections. My portal hasn't changed since I submitted my application. Thank you!! 

I got an email telling me to check the portal. There was a rejection letter in the portal ? 

From American University? ?:

"If you are receiving this email, I wanted to follow up with you regarding your application to our PhD Clinical Psychology program. I have spoken with the review faculty. At this stage, the majority of our interview invitations have been sent out. We expect the first round of decisions to go out in late February/early March.  If you have not received an interview, we are keeping your file active in case the faculty decide to hold a second round. Around March 1, we will invite certain applicants to apply into the Master’s Program. I do not have updates for specific applicant files. Considering the current challenges with remote work due to the pandemic, our faculty are working as quickly as they can. We do appreciate your patience" 

I received a formal interview invite from American University last week, and I also received the above^ message this morning. I'm not sure what this means. I haven't heard anything in regard to further detail of my interview and I am worried that this message means I am being reconsidered. Would love and appreciate any insight. Best wishes to you all! 

20 hours ago, Clincialpsych2021 said:

For people who heard back from ASU...Did you get an email? Or, if you checked the portal which one was it- the application on their website or slide room? I haven't recieved an email but also can't find any information on either portal. Thank you! 

Mine was a mass email I think and it was for the Clinical Ph.D.

2 hours ago, PychPhD9 said:

Same!!! Let me know if you know something pls. Apparently interviews are Feb 4th and 9th. But I never received neither an invitation nor rejection letter. 

I had reached out to their admissions this last week but received no reply. I also just opened the application portal to check my status but there is no update. 

I'll certainly let you know if I find out any information. Good luck! :)

Hi, this is my first cycle and I received an interview invite from City College of NY, CUNY. Does anyone know if the faculty who are conducting interviews at CCNY are assigned at random or are they assigned based on interest in you? I know some are assigned at random and I did not mention a specific faculty by name in my application so I am unsure how to best prepare. 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, psychdjap16 said:

Hi, this is my first cycle and I received an interview invite from City College of NY, CUNY. Does anyone know if the faculty who are conducting interviews at CCNY are assigned at random or are they assigned based on interest in you? I know some are assigned at random and I did not mention a specific faculty by name in my application so I am unsure how to best prepare. 

Thanks!

Can you share when did you receive an invitation? 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, psychdjap16 said:

Thanks!

Hi! Can you tell us when did you receive an email about the interview invite? 

and i believe the interview dates are Feb 4th and 9th, correct?

1 minute ago, hello_psych said:

Hi! Can you tell us when did you receive an email about the interview invite? 

and i believe the interview dates are Feb 4th and 9th, correct?

I received an invite on January 14th and yes I believe those are the dates.