Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

1 hour ago, bubbles27 said:

I received a formal interview invite from American University last week, and I also received the above^ message this morning. I'm not sure what this means. I haven't heard anything in regard to further detail of my interview and I am worried that this message means I am being reconsidered. Would love and appreciate any insight. Best wishes to you all! 

I doubt they are reconsidering you!! I bet they made a mistake when sending out the rejection email to you. But you could always email back whoever sent you the formal interview invite just in case. Also, do you mind DMing me with your PI?  I never saw any posts about people getting interviews with my PI and am bummed because I really thought my application was a  good fit 

7 minutes ago, positivepsych51 said:

I doubt they are reconsidering you!! I bet they made a mistake when sending out the rejection email to you. But you could always email back whoever sent you the formal interview invite just in case. Also, do you mind DMing me with your PI?  I never saw any posts about people getting interviews with my PI and am bummed because I really thought my application was a  good fit 

Hi! I second this. Does anybody know if KG sent out invites? Haven't seen anything

4 hours ago, hello_psych said:

Wait, so they had another personal email address of yours without you providing it? That's a bit concerning... 

I had applied using a personal email but they sent my rejection to my undergraduate email which I haven't used for communications with anyone for years, since I graduated years ago. The two emails aren't similar at all and it's not like my undergrad puts my old email on my transcript. It's really strange. I wish whoever posted about the issues on the results page would elaborate.

I see some results saying they received official rejections from UNC-Chapel Hill. I haven't received anything, but I emailed my POI a couple weeks ago who said they cannot extend an interview. I hate having this sliver of hope when I know I'm 99.99% sure I'm rejected. Ok rant over.

20 minutes ago, NervousNelly12 said:

Anyone else super nervous that Minnesota will extend invitations today??? I'm looking at my phone and email and really hoping.

Wait, are they supposed to come out with invitations today?

30 minutes ago, NervousNelly12 said:

Anyone else super nervous that Minnesota will extend invitations today??? I'm looking at my phone and email and really hoping.

Yes, I was convinced it would be today!! Still holding out hope 

1 hour ago, NervousNelly12 said:

Which program are you referring to? For counseling psych, interviews happened in early/mid January and admissions decisions came out this week

1 hour ago, bridonovan said:

Anyone else still heard nothing from any of your programs? At this point I’m assuming rejection from all of them.. Hoping I’m not alone but also hoping no one else is going through this! 

I still haven't heard from all three schools I applied to, although I'm assuming rejection for two since invites went out weeks ago. I'm holding on to hope for one :/. 

3 hours ago, Jdphdpls said:

Wait, are they supposed to come out with invitations today?

3 hours ago, copsych said:

Which program are you referring to? For counseling psych, interviews happened in early/mid January and admissions decisions came out this week

I'm referring to Clinical. 

I know nothing for sure, i was just going off last year because their invites went out around this time and something in me just thought they would tell people before Feb 1st. I guess I was wrong. 

I received an email interview invitation that said we would have a chance to talk to faculty on interview day, but feel free to reach out to POIs in the meantime if we have questions.. I don't think they meant procedural admissions questions, because they also included the information for the admissions secretary, said that person would send zoom links, etc, and to contact the secretary with questions as well. 

What would you make of this? My POI had a policy of no informational interviews prior to applying, so I have plenty of questions, but I don't want to reach out with questions that are best for interview day if that's not what they meant.. I also don't want to seem uninterested. Am I overthinking this?

20 minutes ago, tigerpsych2 said:

I received an email interview invitation that said we would have a chance to talk to faculty on interview day, but feel free to reach out to POIs in the meantime if we have questions.. I don't think they meant procedural admissions questions, because they also included the information for the admissions secretary, said that person would send zoom links, etc, and to contact the secretary with questions as well. 

What would you make of this? My POI had a policy of no informational interviews prior to applying, so I have plenty of questions, but I don't want to reach out with questions that are best for interview day if that's not what they meant.. I also don't want to seem uninterested. Am I overthinking this?

I'm pretty sure that's the standard message programs send when they extend an invite. Stuff about feel free to ask questions, etc. I almost never do unless it's about a specific issue that the secretary can answer, usually because I can ask what I need to on interview day or some of my questions will be answered during the day's presentations. I'm not sure how other people do it, but I avoid asking the PI interview-related questions beforehand unless I've been invited to an informal interview. They're not immediately important and I don't want to waste their time outside of interview day.

If someone typically does do this though, I hope they answer you. Also, stuff about the program, clinical training, etc. I consider to be interview day questions.

Edit: let me edit to add that I doubt your PI is going to think you're uninterested just because you don't ask a question before interview day. You might be over thinking it :)

Edited by NotYourMothersGrad