MPH 2021 Canada

2 minutes ago, MPHepiHopeful2021 said:

Graduated with an Honours Specialization in Health Sciences with Biology with a cGPA of around 3.72/4.0 (this depends a bit on how they weigh my exchange marks). My L2GPA would be closer to 3.85 though. I also have taken 3 statistics courses that I achieved fairly high marks in (85-95 range). 

While I think my academic stats are ok, I am more worried about my public health/research experience. I didn't have to complete a thesis for my degree so I unfortunately don't have any research experience. I did have a practicum working at a pharmacy. I have also been working at a local hospital as a screener and assisting in the operations of the COVID-19 vaccination clinic and mobile vaccination team for LTC and retirement homes. I also have a variety of other volunteer/extracurricular experiences but I am not entirely sure how much those will support my application.

I also thought I wrote a pretty compelling personal statement that will help me as a candidate. 

I'm sure you stand a good chance! Did you mention specific research interests in your personal statement? 

2 minutes ago, cheesecakelover said:

Nothing as of yet for me unfortunately. Really hope we get some news next week ?

I really hope so too

it might depend on when the deadline to accept the offers is for those who got an acceptance 

Im thinking they might be waiting for that to send out more answers, lets hope its March 1st or something

1 minute ago, Rachelle99 said:

I really hope so too

it might depend on when the deadline to accept the offers is for those who got an acceptance 

Im thinking they might be waiting for that to send out more answers, lets hope its March 1st or something

Yea that's true. I wish these schools had a date listed on their website to let applicants know when the first decisions will go out. Would make things so much better!

32 minutes ago, Rachelle99 said:

I really hope so too

The deadline to accept the offer for McGill is March 15th so I assume they'll be sending out their second round of offers after that!

Just now, Rachelle99 said:

Thank you so much ! Ill stop refreshing my uapply so often lol 

congratulations on getting accepted !! 

No worries! Also the MScPH admin will send you an offer first by email before it appears in your UApply so just make sure you check your junk mail when the time rolls around!

17 minutes ago, kdf98 said:

The deadline to accept the offer for McGill is March 15th so I assume they'll be sending out their second round of offers after that!

15 minutes ago, Rachelle99 said:

Thank you so much ! Ill stop refreshing my uapply so often lol 

congratulations on getting accepted !! 

Thanks for letting us know! I'll start obsessively refreshing my email from now on lol ?

Hi all! I've applied to both Alberta and Western for an MSc in epidemiology. Has anyone else applied to these programs?

Edited by epid2021

28 minutes ago, my3420 said:

Alberta is sleeping on the applications since 15 December !!!! So slow?

Ugh so true. There is no news whatsoever. I was checking last year thread and people started to hear back at the end of Feb. 

No idea if the delay in WFH related. But the process is so slowwwww

1 hour ago, epid2021 said:

Hi all! I've applied to Alberta and Western for an MSc in epidemiology. Has anyone else applied to these programs?

No epi but health promotion distance learning

1 hour ago, RM-MPH said:

Has anyone heard back from UBC or SFU's MPH programs yet?

I'm not sure if this helps but my UBC SPPH prof noted that he was unavailable yesterday (Feb 25) to participate on the graduate school admissions committee. So hopefully we'll hear back soon.

While I didn't apply to the MPH program, I did get an offer for SFU's MSc in Health Sciences last week Thursday.

1 hour ago, stalju said:

I'm not sure if this helps but my UBC SPPH prof noted that he was unavailable yesterday (Feb 25) to participate on the graduate school admissions committee. So hopefully we'll hear back soon.

While I didn't apply to the MPH program, I did get an offer for SFU's MSc in Health Sciences last week Thursday.

Congrats on your MSc offer from SFU! I guess MPH offers will begin soon after the MSc ones!

Hi, does anyone know what happens if one of your references is not submitted by the deadline date? For my uOttawa MPH application due Feb 28th, I have literally everything checked off expect for one of my references is not uploaded, that is why it still says my application is incomplete. I have emailed that professor numerous times over the last month and not received a reply so it's really frustrating. They were also pretty slow at uploading my other letters for my other applications too, so I guess this was expected. Does anyone know what I should do? How many times should I keep emailing him? Will my application not be looked at? Thanks!