MPH 2021 Canada

On 3/17/2021 at 11:09 AM, BoxingAndMPH said:

Thats awesome congrats!!

email? or did you see it on the mosaic?

Hi! An attachment in the email they sent informed me that I was being recommended to the School of Graduate Studies for an official offer. Nothing has changed on Mosaic for me. Status still is "pending."

21 minutes ago, BEN29 said:

Hi everyone,

I applied to McMaster's MPH program. I recently logged into the Mosaic portal and I see my status as 'pending', however, I also see additional boxes (letter, response due date, supp app) that wasn't there before. For anyone who applied to McMaster's MPH program, did you notice this change too?

Is this what you are also seeing from your end? I have seen this on my end for a couple weeks now, but no changes/updates as of yet. 

image.png.074b22063824666819572b23d5344f3a.png

24 minutes ago, _kper1897 said:

Thank you so much! :) My apologies for the delay in response.

In June 2019, I graduated with from Ryerson University with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Public Health and Safety. The program is recognized by the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors. In the final semester of the 4 year program, my GPA was 3.92.

I gained some research experience through an undergraduate thesis project that I conducted under the supervision of a professor. My poster presentation for the research project I did was judged as 3rd best representing public health at the School of Occupational and Public Health (SOPHe) Student Research Symposium in April 2019. 

I presently work as COVID-19 Contact Tracer with the Ontario Ministry of Health - my first role in Public Health! My role primarily entails providing public health education to individuals who are identified as close contacts of people diagnosed with COVID-19. I also have some experience as a COVID-19 Case Investigator from when I assisted with Toronto Public Health Health's surge cases. 

I volunteered with Peel Public Health's Needle Exchange Program on a weekly basis for a few months. As a volunteer for this program, I was assembling "Quick Packs" with the goal of preventing the spread of blood-borne disease among drug users and self-piercers. 

So, nothing really exceptional in terms of public health experience. 

Both of my references were academic (a preference from MPH programs). A strong Letter of Intent is also super important for MPH applications! 

Wishing you all the best, 

Kelly 

That's amazing!!! What other schools did you apply to btw? :)

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I received my rejection to UBC, but I did get an acceptance to SFU! I am still waiting to hear back from some Ontario schools, although as a West coaster I'll likely stay here. 

I also got something about a funding package, but will likely need to email them to confirm what that is. 

12 minutes ago, EmpowerMPH said:

Is this what you are also seeing from your end? I have seen this on my end for a couple weeks now, but no changes/updates as of yet. 

image.png.074b22063824666819572b23d5344f3a.png

yes, the same thing. Thanks for letting me know.

42 minutes ago, MPH Hopeful 1 said:

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I received my rejection to UBC, but I did get an acceptance to SFU! I am still waiting to hear back from some Ontario schools, although as a West coaster I'll likely stay here. 

I also got something about a funding package, but will likely need to email them to confirm what that is. 

Congrats!which program you applied to ubc,mph or msc?And are you international or domestic???

Edited by Gemini Ma

35 minutes ago, MPH Hopeful 1 said:

Hi everyone,

Congratulations on your acceptance to SFU! For UBC -- did your application status say "In Progress" when they let you know about your rejection? I'm so nervous, I just want to hear back.

Just now, LindaZhou said:

Me too, I did not receive any replies. Fingers crossed!

7 minutes ago, coolbreeze1997 said:

I did not get a reply from SFU or McMaster yet. Should I be worried that it is a rejection? 

same boat! i dont know how it works and whether i should count myself out or if there is still hope 

40 minutes ago, moon.ari said:

Hey guys! I received an email from SFU stating that i'm currently #4/38 on the waiting list for admission. Do you guys think I have a good chance of getting in? 

You're so closeee! You got this!!! Fingers crossed! What stats and experiences did you apply with btw? 

24 minutes ago, moonjar said:

Congratulations on your acceptance to SFU! For UBC -- did your application status say "In Progress" when they let you know about your rejection? I'm so nervous, I just want to hear back.

I received an email, and once I logged in it showed admission refused. So there is still hope! 

44 minutes ago, Gemini Ma said:

Congrats!which program you applied to ubc,mph or msc?And are you international or domestic???

MPH & Domestic