MPH 2021 Canada

Just got into McGill MScPH! Deadline to accept is April 28. 

I accepted my offer at UBC already, but will be retracting my acceptance today. Hopefully that frees up a spot for another deserving applicant! Still waiting to hear back from UofT Epi (top choice, homegirl lives in Toronto).

My order is UofT > McGill > UBC (rejected at McMaster already)

Edited by elboujee

18 minutes ago, BoxingAndMPH said:

got rejected at MUN ? 

lmaoo praying for UofT!

I also got rejected. So wait listed at Western and flat out rejected at Mun. Interesting.

I got accepted at Western and Dalhousie, Waitlisted at Mcgill  and Still waiting for Queens and Uvic.

I hope within the next week we get the results from Queens and Uvic and Mcgill final response so I can make my final decision 

32 minutes ago, PlzJustRejectMeAlready said:

Also rejected from MUN - off to apply to LHSTM LOL!

Why is everyone applying there? Is it easy to get in? Or is it because its currently open to apply?

LHSTM is one of the highest ranking Public Health programs globally and it has very respected reputation among the epidemiologists and the health care professionals, plus it has online/distance learning and finally  it has much higher acceptance rate than any other Canadian program.

5 minutes ago, SunnyMPH said:

Why is everyone applying there? Is it easy to get in? Or is it because its currently open to apply?

I just took a quick look and it seems like the deadline to apply is late June and this school takes around 150-200 students each year

Just now, MPH2021Canada said:

LHSTM is one of the highest ranking Public Health programs globally and it has very respected reputation among the epidemiologists and the health care professionals, plus it has online/distance learning and finally  it has much higher acceptance rate than any other Canadian program.

Ah yes I understand now. But if its so respected why would it be easier to get into? A ton more spots?

It's easier to get into because it's literally fucked I applied to MUN with a 4.15/4.3, significant work experience, and was still deemed not competitive enough meaning it's actually just REASONABLE to get into LSHTM compared to Canadian programs ahaha
Edit: I am sort of kidding but also sort of serious. The MUN program is beyond competitive and it's ridiculous!

Edited by PlzJustRejectMeAlready

2 minutes ago, SunnyMPH said:

Ah yes I understand now. But if its so respected why would it be easier to get into? A ton more spots?

They have average of 150 spots in the program "which is like 5 times any other Canadian program" plus if all the spots got filled and they still have good candidate they refer them to the Public Health Diploma "which when they finish with specific minimum score they can be transferred to the Masters".

1 hour ago, elboujee said:

Just got into McGill MScPH! Deadline to accept is April 28. 

I accepted my offer at UBC already, but will be retracting my acceptance today. Hopefully that frees up a spot for another deserving applicant! Still waiting to hear back from UofT Epi (top choice, homegirl lives in Toronto).

My order is UofT > McGill > UBC (rejected at McMaster already)

Congrats!! I just got recommended for admission into McGill's MScPh today too! And rejected from MUN today.

I already accepted at UofA MPH so now I need to decide which program is best for me considering one is research-intensive aimed at research design, data collection, analysis, etc. (MSc) and one is more hands-on public health (MPH)). Will need to decide soon! 

46 minutes ago, PlzJustRejectMeAlready said:

It's easier to get into because it's literally fucked I applied to MUN with a 4.15/4.3, significant work experience, and was still deemed not competitive enough meaning it's actually just REASONABLE to get into LSHTM compared to Canadian programs ahaha
Edit: I am sort of kidding but also sort of serious. The MUN program is beyond competitive and it's ridiculous!

imo MUN is the hardest to get into (in Canada)

Edited by BoxingAndMPH

1 hour ago, Viggo said:

Congrats!! I just got recommended for admission into McGill's MScPh today too! And rejected from MUN today.

I already accepted at UofA MPH so now I need to decide which program is best for me considering one is research-intensive aimed at research design, data collection, analysis, etc. (MSc) and one is more hands-on public health (MPH)). Will need to decide soon! 

Congrats on getting in to two great programs! It feels good when things finally come together. I’m sure you worked very hard to get to this place.

McGill’s program has fantastic exchange options in Melbourne, Australia, and Bordeaux, France, which excites me greatly. However, I’ll still choose UofT MPH Epi over McGill if I get accepted. Dalla Lana seems to have incredible reach on an international level. Personally, I’m more attracted at the hands on professional approach vs. research-intensive, but there are many jobs within public health that allow you to draw on skills in both. 

I actually did my undergrad at MUN. I don’t think you’ll be limited in your future career options by getting rejected from their program. If you want to keep in touch or chat further about options, DM me and I’ll send you my LinkedIn. 

Edited by elboujee

4 hours ago, BoxingAndMPH said:

got rejected at MUN ? 

lmaoo praying for UofT!

4 hours ago, SunnyMPH said:

I also got rejected. So wait listed at Western and flat out rejected at Mun. Interesting.

4 hours ago, PlzJustRejectMeAlready said:

Also rejected from MUN - off to apply to LHSTM LOL!

Sorry to hear that everyone. How were you notified that you got a rejection?

6 hours ago, marieabc said:

I was waitlisted at UBC a couple weeks ago, does anyone know how many people are usually on the waitlist and what are the odds of actually getting in?

I emailed them asking pretty much the same thing and they said they have very limited spots for people on the waitlist ? 

35 minutes ago, medicallyrelevant said:

Did anyone receive any updates from Queens today? I got my first email from Queens today but it turned out to be just a survey...:S 

Haha, I got the same email. But I did not get any updates