MPH 2021 Canada

36 minutes ago, khfish9726 said:

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some insight on the MPH program at Guelph. I was just wondering what the workload is like/how often you are typically on campus. I live about an hour from Guelph and am debating commuting or moving to Guelph. I appreciate any information anyone is able to provide. 

Hey! I actually recently completed my MSc at Guelph so I can share some insight on commuting. I commuted from Toronto and it’s definitely doable :), but requires strong time management and commitment. I also noticed a few people in my program who commuted. There’s of course perks to living on campus like getting to know your colleagues and not having to create a study schedule around your commuting time. Unfortunately, I can’t speak to the workload though cause my program required us to take 2 courses compared to the 3 courses for the MPH program. Even if it’s one additional course could have a significant difference, based on course scheduling, but I assume it wouldn’t be as bad as undergrad. 

7 minutes ago, SparklersG said:

Hey! I actually recently completed my MSc at Guelph so I can share some insight on commuting. I commuted from Toronto and it’s definitely doable :), but requires strong time management and commitment. I also noticed a few people in my program who commuted. There’s of course perks to living on campus like getting to know your colleagues and not having to create a study schedule around your commuting time. Unfortunately, I can’t speak to the workload though cause my program required us to take 2 courses compared to the 3 courses for the MPH program. Even if it’s one additional course could have a significant difference, based on course scheduling, but I assume it wouldn’t be as bad as undergrad. 

Thank you so much for your insight. I really appreciate it :) 

5 hours ago, moon.ari said:

Seems like they're sending decisions out now finally... IM SCARED LOL

Just when I'd finally been able to calm myself down thinking decisions for U of T won't be coming soon?‍♀️  i'm so nervous oh god good luck everyone the end is near (hopefully)

6 hours ago, cheesecakelover said:

Just received a rejection from UofT (Health promotion stream) through email!

Sorry to hear :( did your status on the SGS portal change at all?

2 minutes ago, pbchocolate said:

just got an unofficial offer from mcgill! 

the deadline is April 28th for me

Oh that's great! Congratulations!!

12 hours ago, Natasha7 said:

Nope! I think first round peeps have between April 7-9 to accept so probably after that we will hear something!

Oh perfect, thank you :)

Long time lurker here.  I only applied to U of A MPH epi stream.  Saw a couple of you here that are still pre-screening (me too!).  Not sure if that should give us hope or if we're all rejects.  I would be so happy to just be "under review" right now.  I was a keener and applied Oct 2 and all letters of recommendation in by mid Oct.  I have literally been waiting for half a year now ?

14 minutes ago, AlChuck said:

Long time lurker here.  I only applied to U of A MPH epi stream.  Saw a couple of you here that are still pre-screening (me too!).  Not sure if that should give us hope or if we're all rejects.  I would be so happy to just be "under review" right now.  I was a keener and applied Oct 2 and all letters of recommendation in by mid Oct.  I have literally been waiting for half a year now ?

what are your stats and experiences? 

6 minutes ago, bbj said:

what are your stats and experiences? 

I'm a bit of an atypical candidate.  Health care worker for 7+ years.  No research experience.  Not great GPA from undergrad (low 3s/4.0).  Got a diploma afterwards with 3.9/4.0, but I doubt they'll count that.  What are your stats?