2021 Applicants Forum

teasel

50 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Yeahhhhhhh not just with the whole mask off thing, nor Texas being 100 percent clear to open everything at full capacity. Another thing to add onto the garbage heap is the disgusting situation with UT Austin, “The Eyes of Texas”, and their donors. While some of us don’t know about Michener acceptances yet, if I (a part black person) get rejected from Michener, I’ll be genuinely relieved.

Yup. All of the above. 

14 minutes ago, tippybug said:

Anybody else see that University of Iowa rejection in the results page...? That's IWWW right? I thought they sent rejections by snail mail...

non fiction is not a part of iowa writers workshop. its a whole other program that notified much before iww, hence the rejection notif. 

4 minutes ago, babypoet2k said:

non fiction is not a part of iowa writers workshop. its a whole other program that notified much before iww, hence the rejection notif. 

Oh oops... I knew that. Just saw the rejection from University of Iowa and immediately got freaked out lol. I'm so stressed T__T Thank you!

2 hours ago, Botanica said:

Some more news! In at Texas State with funding info to come around March 12th!!!

Edit: via phone call yesterday

Congrats!

39 minutes ago, tippybug said:

Anybody else see that University of Iowa rejection in the results page...? That's IWWW right? I thought they sent rejections by snail mail...

3 minutes ago, nottheamazonalexa said:

is it just me or does waiting for apps just make you hate your day job even more its like can't wait for that ACCEPTANCE to come thru and LEAVE (sorry in my feelings right now)

I've been feeling progressively more this way since December, when I started submitting apps. Now that I've been accepted to a program I'm relishing the thought of resigning soon. I hope your acceptance comes thru so you can enjoy the same feeling!

25 minutes ago, fishfish24 said:

Lol, so yesterday was my birthday and NWP sent me my rejection email, six hours apart, *twice* ?

Oh no. I’m so sorry, what a birthday gift. Shoving you to the floor and kicking you again. Yikes Texas.

There’s a Michener rejection up. I checked my portal, nothing yet. My dead name’s last name begins with an F. Anyone brave enough to check their portal for confirmation?

2 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

There’s a Michener rejection up. I checked my portal, nothing yet. My dead name’s last name begins with an F. Anyone brave enough to check their portal for confirmation?

I saw that too and also checked my portal. Still says I'm in review. I assume whoever posted the rejection mixed up Michener and the NWP.

Just now, lunch said:

I saw that too and also checked my portal. Still says I'm in review. I assume whoever posted the rejection mixed up Michener and the NWP.

That’s probably true, usually people check the portal and find a rejection first, not an email. Okay cool, thanks.

6 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Mine also just says it's in review.

6 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

I'm an S. Still in review

4 minutes ago, cecsav said:

I'm an S. Still in review

Mine still in review too, but so is my NWP portal and I already received a rejection from them

6 minutes ago, lunch said:

Unfortunately that posting was from me and it is, indeed, real. Got an email to check the portal at 10:15 last night, where status had been updated to 'denied'. 'Twas a day of rejections from Texas lol. Good luck to the rest of you who are still hanging on.

Just now, orangeslice said:

Unfortunately that posting was from me and it is, indeed, real. Got an email to check the portal at 10:15 last night, where status had been updated to 'denied'. 'Twas a day of rejections from Texas lol. Good luck to the rest of you who are still hanging on.

Oh gosh, sorry to hear that; I'm surprised that rejections aren't all sent out at once. Best of luck with the rest of your programs. 

1 minute ago, orangeslice said:

Although now that I'm looking at it again I'm not sure which program it's from because the email doesn't say. Just maybe don't listen to me...my brain is melting from stress

14 hours ago, anna23 said:

That one Hunter College interview post on the results page is taunting me..... Did anyone else here hear from Hunter?

oh wow, that's from March 1st. Didn't even notice! Nope, have not heard. 

hey hey! new here, grateful for this forum :) i just sort of wanted to poll the room because i have no basis for making these decisions -- if you had a choice between UTK and Wyoming, which would you choose and why? both fully-funded with similar stipends. thanks in advance for any insight, i just feel like i have no idea what i'm doing.

3 minutes ago, amiwritingyet said:

hey hey! new here, grateful for this forum :) i just sort of wanted to poll the room because i have no basis for making these decisions -- if you had a choice between UTK and Wyoming, which would you choose and why? both fully-funded with similar stipends. thanks in advance for any insight, i just feel like i have no idea what i'm doing.

I don't have any input on the programs, but congrats on getting two acceptances for fully funded programs, especially this year. That's awesome.