2021 Applicants Forum

teasel

12 hours ago, Ydrl said:

Which program did you get waitlisted at? Sorry, I’m slowly losing my mind and my memory isn’t great to begin with.

Also *screams silently* has the same energy as *hears silence*

Syracuse. ETA: Still holding out hope that I’ll get the call and waiting to hear from Iowa. 

Edited by JPReinhold

1 hour ago, Downtozero said:

I only saw fiction. I think I saw three total, some of them only shared in comments and didnt make their own post.

As someone whose request to join draft hasn’t been approved yet just want to extra thank the people on here posting about what they’ve seen!!

Also has anyone seen/heard anything on Houston, Brown, NYU, UVA, or Columbia? Poetry specific maybe? It seems like UW and Iowa have started calling for poetry per this thread. Also waiting on Michener and NWP poetry so hoping those haven’t gone out yet!! 

Hi y'all! First time poster, looooooooong time lurker. I received a call from Iowa for fiction yesterday, and the director flat-out told me that they're pretty far behind on notification calls this year. Also, I know of someone (from last app cycle) who wasn't notified until the second week of march. 

55 minutes ago, nottheamazonalexa said:

As someone whose request to join draft hasn’t been approved yet just want to extra thank the people on here posting about what they’ve seen!!

Also has anyone seen/heard anything on Houston, Brown, NYU, UVA, or Columbia? Poetry specific maybe? It seems like UW and Iowa have started calling for poetry per this thread. Also waiting on Michener and NWP poetry so hoping those haven’t gone out yet!! 

Houston and NYU have both accepted at least one poetry student recently, per Draft. Not sure about UVA and Columbia, and am pretty sure Brown is usually in March.

Anyone have any info regarding the Mississippi notifications that were made today? I see both E-mail (poetry) and phone (fiction) acceptances have gone out.  Any idea if all notifications have been made or if they'll be parceled out over time? I reeeaaalllyyy want to go to Ole Miss so any info will be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, superstitious said:

Hi y'all! First time poster, looooooooong time lurker. I received a call from Iowa for fiction yesterday, and the director flat-out told me that they're pretty far behind on notification calls this year. Also, I know of someone (from last app cycle) who wasn't notified until the second week of march. 

Congratulations! That’s awesome!!! And thank you so much for the info!

1 hour ago, superstitious said:

Damn, congrats!

For a few peeps on here who were waiting on NYU's slow notification process - seems like the consensus in Draft is that NYU has given out all their hard yeses... but waitlist has yet to come, so don't give up hopes yet! 

I started the applications rather late and NYU was my first deadline. I had to send in my writing sample without making edits based on the feedback/line editing of an experienced writer I trusted. So I am using this excuse as self-consolation and holding out hopes for other schools I sent a better writing sample to... ?

Edited by M-Lin

6 minutes ago, mrvisser said:

Congrats! Philadelphia would be such a cool place to go to school!

Thanks, I grew up in Camden County NJ so my whole family is from Philly. It's kind of my home lol

That being said, I'm low on the waitlist for funding, so April 15th is going to be interesting

3 hours ago, sunglikeice said:

Anyone have any info regarding the Mississippi notifications that were made today? I see both E-mail (poetry) and phone (fiction) acceptances have gone out.  Any idea if all notifications have been made or if they'll be parceled out over time? I reeeaaalllyyy want to go to Ole Miss so any info will be greatly appreciated.

I am also curious about this. Anyone heard anything?

2 hours ago, Bug128 said:

I am also curious about this. Anyone heard anything?

I've only seen one acceptance in each genre, but wonder if it's another case of admits not being on the forums. I haven't heard anything from them and also just realized my application still says I haven't submitted my transcripts, even though they were electronically retrieved by the grad school two weeks ago ?

Edited by Downtozero

19 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

This isn’t a drill, someone posted a poetry acceptance for Michener.

Oh wow! It's happening! Thank you for the heads up. Was this on the Results page or Draft? I didn't see it on either but probably missed it. 

7 hours ago, superstitious said:

Congrats, congrats!!!! That's so exciting! :D

5 hours ago, panglosian said:

Just got accepted to Temple! First acceptance, over the moon :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!! All the balloons and chocolate and hearts to you!!!! 

24 minutes ago, shanbanan said:

Oh wow! It's happening! Thank you for the heads up. Was this on the Results page or Draft? I didn't see it on either but probably missed it. 

Results page on Gradcafe, I search “creative writing” and 12,205 results should come up