Fall 2021 Applicants

ClassicsCandidate

2 hours ago, alcestis21 said:

Anyone claiming the Princeton acceptance in the results page or is it spam? I was talking with my POI and she said as of yesterday they were still in the admissions process. 

Hey all, first time posting here, but someone directed me after seeing this comment -- I'm not the one who posted the Princeton result, but also received my acceptance this week so I don't think it's spam. Good luck!

Congrats on your acceptance, @st.augustine

As most of you, I'm also waiting for a response from Princeton. I applied to Classics with an interest in their Program in the Ancient World since my interests are really interdisciplinary. I haven't heard anything from Yale or NYU, either. (UDel was the art history program and from the results page looks like they don't really respond until the end of March half the time, either.)

2 hours ago, Catalystica said:

@ClassicsCandidate I’m afraid if we haven’t heard anything from ISAW at this point we’re not going to get positive news, unfortunately. Bracing myself for it. Same with UCLA who I also have not heard anything from. 

Yeah, I'm bracing for it, too. I'm already poised to get my M.Ed. (local university here has rolling admissions) as soon as I get my final rejection as my current backup plan but still holding out hope for some other schools ?

I don’t know for sure about when they are rolling out the other spot for ISAW, but I do know that they have closed interviews! I accepted the official offer already (got it a few days after the unofficial), but I’m not sure if they’re rolling out the others later. I hope that helps! 

10 hours ago, AncientAnnie567 said:

I don’t know for sure about when they are rolling out the other spot for ISAW, but I do know that they have closed interviews! I accepted the official offer already (got it a few days after the unofficial), but I’m not sure if they’re rolling out the others later. I hope that helps! 

Thanks for letting us know all of that! If you don't mind my asking, which other schools did you apply to? Just curious since you committed to ISAW already ? Congratulations again! ?

40 minutes ago, ClassicsCandidate said:

Thanks for letting us know all of that! If you don't mind my asking, which other schools did you apply to? Just curious since you committed to ISAW already ? Congratulations again! ?

Thank you! ISAW was the top school for me by far, so I’m over the moon. UBC and Hopkins are the others. That’s all! 

9 minutes ago, AncientAnnie567 said:

Thank you! ISAW was the top school for me by far, so I’m over the moon. UBC and Hopkins are the others. That’s all! 

That's excellent, getting into your top school is awesome! And thank you for sharing ?

3 minutes ago, ClassicsCandidate said:

That's excellent, getting into your top school is awesome! And thank you for sharing ?

I know it’s such a stressful process, my inbox is open for anyone if they need to vent or need support. Here for all of you! Best of luck! ?

Good news for me today from University of Maryland! They've offered me full funding!! I'm still waiting on a couple admissions decisions (Rutgers' MA program, and Cornell's bridge MA, most notably; no idea on Rutgers' timing or likelihood but the Cornell bridge seems very unlikely) but Maryland's pretty much top of my list right now so this is really exciting. 

43 minutes ago, screwdriverfemme said:

Good news for me today from University of Maryland! They've offered me full funding!! I'm still waiting on a couple admissions decisions (Rutgers' MA program, and Cornell's bridge MA, most notably; no idea on Rutgers' timing or likelihood but the Cornell bridge seems very unlikely) but Maryland's pretty much top of my list right now so this is really exciting. 

Congrats for your full funding at the University of Maryland! ? 

Rutgers sent me an email about their PhD program, since they take applications until February 15th, we'll hear from them around early to mid-March, but it might be sooner than that! I think because the MA has rolling admissions but prefer a February 15th date, you might hear around the same time frame. 

4 hours ago, screwdriverfemme said:

Congrats! I’m a graduate of their MA program and can’t say enough positive things about it. It’s a wonderful place to be.

Has anyone heard more about UNC taking on new PhD students in Art History this spring.  I see a few rejections on the boards but no acceptances.  If you go to their grad school site it states "There are no spring semester admissions in art history. See the Department of Art and Art History's Web site for more detailed instructions."  But that link doesn't go anywhere. With a little bit of digging I could only find that the MFA program is not accepting any students this spring - nothing on Art History PhD

If any of you were the ones asking about Yale Classics on the results page, I haven't heard anything yet, either. It says on the application that we'd get an email to check the portal when they've made the decision. 

Also, a friend of mine had an acceptance in her spam folder! With funding! So make sure you're checking that, too!

22 hours ago, TomBombadil63 said:

Has anyone heard more about UNC taking on new PhD students in Art History this spring.  I see a few rejections on the boards but no acceptances.  If you go to their grad school site it states "There are no spring semester admissions in art history. See the Department of Art and Art History's Web site for more detailed instructions."  But that link doesn't go anywhere. With a little bit of digging I could only find that the MFA program is not accepting any students this spring - nothing on Art History PhD

So, I didn't apply to UNC for Classics or Art History, but you might want to check the Art History thread to see if anyone's heard back: 

7 minutes ago, Pierre de Olivi said:

Welp, just got rejected from NYU's ISAW. I was half expecting it since others have already heard back, but still feels a bit bad.

Out of curiosity, did anyone get into ISAW this cycle applying with a focus on late antiquity?

Same, I was waiting for it so at least it wasn't a shock. I applied with a focus on Iron Age-Archaic Greek religion.

14 hours ago, Pierre de Olivi said:

Welp, just got rejected from NYU's ISAW. I was half expecting it since others have already heard back, but still feels a bit bad.

Out of curiosity, did anyone get into ISAW this cycle applying with a focus on late antiquity?

I haven't heard back from them at all still. I applied with a Classical reception of ancient Greek religion in the contemporary era proposal. 

Just double-checked in the portal and saw the rejection for ISAW for me, too.

ETA: I didn't even get an email, just saw this and other people were posting and checked the portal. I haven't heard anything from them except the confirmation when I submitted my application.

Edited by ClassicsCandidate

5 hours ago, ClassicsCandidate said:

Just double-checked in the portal and saw the rejection for ISAW for me, too.

ETA: I didn't even get an email, just saw this and other people were posting and checked the portal. I haven't heard anything from them except the confirmation when I submitted my application.

Just kidding, apparently I did get an email but it was super buried and didn't see it.