Fall 2021 Applicants

ClassicsCandidate

6 hours ago, PeppermintTea said:

Anyone else know they have a string of rejections coming soon and wish they would just send them and be done with it? All this waiting and false hope, such a bummer lol 

I'm really, really holding out hope for two schools on my list to go through but I'm Concerned about whether Ivies will bother with me this cycle (I've got a 3.90 from my MA but low languages - only 4 undergrad semesters each because my MA was culture focused I didn't do a lot of languages - and my undergrad record is less than stellar). I'd honestly be really happy at one and kind of "ehhhh" about the other, but we'll see. The waiting IS awful, though, I saw one of the schools waited until the end of March to reject people in past years so that's disconcerting.

58 minutes ago, Sappho618 said:

Received rejecting letter from BU yesterday. They even typed my name wrong in the email....

I'm so sorry!

This is the second time I've seen this happen to someone; you would think they would be extra careful to spell someone's name right, especially if they were sending a rejection letter. That's so frustrating. I hope you get better news - with your name spelled properly - soon.

9 hours ago, Sappho618 said:

Received rejecting letter from BU yesterday. They even typed my name wrong in the email....

If it makes you feel any better, I got a rejection letter with my name spelled incorrectly...on my birthday...

Edited by Lucius Ambulus Caelo

15 minutes ago, mudbrick said:

Does anyone have a clue what is going on with IPCAA? I interviewed last week but I have heard nada. 

I got my rejection from IPCAA on February 10th, so I'm not sure what their timeline is like! I'll cross my fingers for you. ?

1 hour ago, Sappho618 said:

Just received a email from Yale to check my portal and found out I get rejected :( not surprised tho good luck to everyone else!!!

Rejected too; I'm 1a/0w/4r for Ancient History and History PhD programs this cycle. Accepted by Stanford Classics, rejected by Harvard History, Berkeley History, Yale Classics/AH, Princeton History. Yale was the last one on the list. Good luck to everyone else, both in this app season and the subsequent ones!

Edited by Crispy_Pancake

44 minutes ago, Sappho618 said:

Just received a email from Yale to check my portal and found out I get rejected :( not surprised tho good luck to everyone else!!!

Same here. Actually expected this for long, as I heard from this post that Yale was interviewing. I'm also expecting rejections from Princeton and Harvard to come soon (since they've started interviewing long time ago, and I haven't received anything). Good luck to everyone else in this process!

31 minutes ago, lycorislit said:

Same here. Actually expected this for long, as I heard from this post that Yale was interviewing. I'm also expecting rejections from Princeton and Harvard to come soon (since they've started interviewing long time ago, and I haven't received anything). Good luck to everyone else in this process!

Same I expect I would be rejected long ago but still hurt when I received the news :( 

36 minutes ago, alcestis21 said:

Also rejected from Yale. Waiting on Toronto, Harvard, Princeton, and Duke (interview happening late March). Admitted to BU and Michigan, waitlisted at Chicago. Best of luck to everyone still waiting and those making decisions!

Congratulations on your admission to Boston and Chicago! I’m going to interview with Duke in March too. Duke is my only hope now lol do you mind if I ask which university is your top choice now?

1 minute ago, Sappho618 said:

Same I expect I would be rejected long ago but still hurt when I received the news :( 

Yes of course. Rejection is not good experience. But let's always remember that it doesn't imply anything about us, but is due to 1) pure luck 2) the special covid conditions with fewer fundings and more applicants. 

1 hour ago, Sappho618 said:

Congratulations on your admission to Boston and Chicago! I’m going to interview with Duke in March too. Duke is my only hope now lol do you mind if I ask which university is your top choice now?

Best of luck with your Duke interview! Don't be disheartened by the rejections, this is a weird weird time and we are all in a similar boat together

3 hours ago, Crispy_Pancake said:

Rejected too; I'm 1a/0w/4r for Ancient History and History PhD programs this cycle. Accepted by Stanford Classics, rejected by Harvard History, Berkeley History, Yale Classics/AH, Princeton History. Yale was the last one on the list. Good luck to everyone else, both in this app season and the subsequent ones!

Congrats on Stanford!! Could I ask what your specialization is?