Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

9 minutes ago, nkrish21 said:

I also noticed something - see this blog post https://hksadmissionblog.tumblr.com/post/645288606398808064/reflecting-on-womens-history-month

all sessions are scheduled for Thursday, except this Thursday the 18th, and the sessions is instead on 19th

my hunch too is that 18th I the D-day!

Oh my God! Just noticed that!!!!

17 minutes ago, nkrish21 said:

I also noticed something - see this blog post https://hksadmissionblog.tumblr.com/post/645288606398808064/reflecting-on-womens-history-month

all sessions are scheduled for Thursday, except this Thursday the 18th, and the sessions is instead on 19th

Well my anxiety just skyrocketed for the rest of this week. Neat!

Just now, sup5505 said:

Guys I might take one for the team and email HKS today asking if we can expect decisions this week or next, while justifying the email to "ease my anxieties" lmao. Assuming it won't effect their decision re: my status at this stage...right ? 

not at all - you'll be our hero forevah!

1 minute ago, sup5505 said:

Guys I might take one for the team and email HKS today asking if we can expect decisions this week or next, while justifying the email to "ease my anxieties" lmao. Assuming it won't effect their decision re: my status at this stage...right ? 

Yes plsss...

11 minutes ago, sup5505 said:

hahaha @ ease my anxieties!

1 hour ago, nkrish21 said:

Except there are four other events on the 18th if you check the HKS website...

https://www.hks.harvard.edu/more/events

In prior years, has the admissions blog stated that they would release decisions on a certain day, or was it simply updated the day of release? If decisions are meant to be released this Thursday, I find it odd that they haven't stated anything as we are only a few days away. This makes me feel like it will be closer to the 25th.

1 hour ago, hks2021 said:

In prior years, has the admissions blog stated that they would release decisions on a certain day, or was it simply updated the day of release? If decisions are meant to be released this Thursday, I find it odd that they haven't stated anything as we are only a few days away. This makes me feel like it will be closer to the 25th.

They simply updated the blog on the day of release. In addition, they typically post each day leading up to decision day, but they never say " on X day decisions will be released" 

3 hours ago, sup5505 said:

If you do it we'll love you forever but, just giving some honest advice... i wouldn't do it - they get SO MANY calls and correspondence and this makes you look anxious/desperate. WHICH I KNOW WE ALL ARE. This is just a skeptic viewpoint. I feel like admissions folks are so sensitive to these things. Im always terrified to offend or come off in a negative light. If you're super confident and willing i say go for it, but i wanted to provide a less rosy pesperctive too.

I would say no harm in asking, but also very little to gain. I simply cannot imagine a scenario in which someone’s admission status changes because they sent a friendly email inquiring about the announcement date. That being said, do we really think they know the date and whoever is monitoring the inbox is going to respond with the exact date and time of the announcement to some random applicant who just happened to ask? 

21 minutes ago, William_1982 said:

I would say no harm in asking, but also very little to gain. I simply cannot imagine a scenario in which someone’s admission status changes because they sent a friendly email inquiring about the announcement date. That being said, do we really think they know the date and whoever is monitoring the inbox is going to respond with the exact date and time of the announcement to some random applicant who just happened to ask? 

They definitely know the date. I doubt they'll reveal it, though.

44 minutes ago, InternationalStudent said:

They definitely know the date. I doubt they'll reveal it, though.

Agreed, and learning from a friend at HLS sometimes the Admissions folks peruse the various forums... they're likely already hip to our game.

Also this was a post the day before decisions were released last year. I'd bet it'd be the same answer:

https://hksadmissionblog.tumblr.com/post/612931272222867456/2020-application-reading-and-decision-process

Stay strong friends!

Edited by Featherweight1910