Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

Just now, midcmpa21 said:

what are the updates?

email IDs of the officers to be contacted? 

Yes, and links to make appointments.  Doesn't seem too serious, really, and likely added for everyone. But it could mean that results are en route? 

yassss!

Just now, MPPNYC said:

Yes, and links to make appointments.  Doesn't seem too serious, really, and likely added for everyone. But it could mean that results are en route? 

14 minutes ago, prokem said:

They may not admit the people who stormed the capitol on the ground, but they and other elite institutions have certainly fomented those who have laid the groundwork for and created the ideology behind the insurrection (steve bannon - HBS, ted cruz - HLS, mike pompeo - HLS, dan crenshaw - HKS etc...)

But, more importantly, they hired Sean Spicer as a fellow immediately after he left his job as White House Press Sec. HKS had no issues with the guy blatantly lying every single day he showed up in front of the WH Press Corps. 

I'm as excited as everyone else to get in to HKS but people should probably realize that HKS has its dark side, both in the alumni and faculty areas. https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2017/01/22/harvard-kennedy-school-america/

1 minute ago, MPPNYC said:

Hah, don't hold me to this, I don't know! 

??

regardless, I’m getting amped up!

no, wait I’m feeling nervous!

I think I should just stop looking at my phone now!

Just now, InternationalStudent said:

Looking at last year's thread, people noticed changes in the MYFAID portal and everyone immediately started freaking out, results came out the same day.

Could this finally be it?

Virtually (and social distance compliant-ly) holding all your hands, oy vey

Just now, EscapingBrexit said:

Last year's results came out at 3pm ish, I think in the past they've been more 12:30 - 1:00pm. 

Everyone was freaking out when that change happened to MYFAID. Maybe today really is the day? 

Someone buy Matt some more coffee to manifest this ;) 

Perhaps you were right, @CAKHKS79 ;)

You are right absolutely

1 minute ago, 2021mpamppwait said:

Would financial aid and fellowship Decisions come out with acceptances?

Last year I think they were either in the same email or on the same day, I can't remember exactly. 

People were posting 'I'm in with a CPL Fellowship' etc shortly after 3pm. 

@CAKHKS79 looks like your theory was right... and I truly hope it is.

still there is no word on the blog, no warning, no heads up 

I hope it means this is the end of the waiting tunnel - my whole day has been pretty much wasted and I may not be able to afford another such day next week!

Just now, nkrish21 said:

@CAKHKS79 looks like your theory was right... and I truly hope it is.

still there is no word on the blog, no warning, no heads up 

I hope it means this is the end of the waiting tunnel - my whole day has been pretty much wasted and I may not be able to afford another such day next week!

IF WE GO BY LAST YEARS FORUM , THEIR FINANCIAL PORTAL CHANGED JUST BEFORE FEW HOURS WHEN THEY GET RESULT . LETS HOPE ITS HAPPENING 

If results really do come out today, then I think Matt experimented with his slightly evil side this year. There's good Matt, who informs the world, and bad Matt, who keeps everyone in a minor state of cardiac arrest for weeks. ?

I'm just so glad I don't work in admissions. 

Edited by EscapingBrexit

15 hours ago, AnoIchi said:

So I checked the blogs from the start (2012) till 2020. Sharing a few insights with everyone to help them function in life (I've been there, so I know how miserable these days must have been).

Decision day: 

2012: Tuesday

2013 Wednesday & Friday  (Once upon a time, they used to release MPP/MPA-ID on different dates)

2014 : Thursday

2015-2017 : Wednesday

2018-2020 : Thursday

(Not so much of a Thursday monopoly, is it?)

The sequence of mails leading to D-day have differed over the years, but some core mails have been absolute certainties (The frustrating/scary part is that they haven't even begun yet for this year. Maybe today's the day it starts)

1. Three types of decisions, starting with not admitted

2. Waitlisted

3. Admitted

4. Application update (Basically showing candidates how the screenshot of an application status update will look like in the portal)

5. An informal take on the behind the scenes of the admissions process (Matt's computer, the room, etc)

Look out for 'Decision Process' series of mails. Frankly, I'm confused about the 25th as D-day because all the previous years had multiple entries in this series (15+). If I consider 25th as the date, you should be getting at least 4 mails on consecutive dates starting from 22nd (could be from 20th/21st as well). They usually avoid sending on Sat/Sun, but have done in the past on some occasions. 

Bottom line: If you see a 'Decision Process' blog hitting today, it is safe to assume that the real countdown has begun.

I encourage all to go through the archives to take some stress out and see how it has been over the years. There are pictures and all, which humanizes the admissions process. Gotta feel for Matt and his team.

Hope this helps.

I THINK YOUR CONTRIBUTION AT THIS TIME IS IMPORTANT IN THIS FORUM

Just now, mpp_app2021 said:

I can confirm the change happened this morning - I took a screenshot of the MYFAID page last night to know when it was going to change ? and the advisors weren't there. 

My anxiety right now ??

I admired this preparedness!! :)