Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

2 minutes ago, 2021mpamppwait said:

Just got access to my link (#4) didn’t have access 30 min ago. And the appointment available is at 3:30 Boston time

Just now, yikes1998 said:

Same here! International student here (MPP) omg this is super exciting stuff

Same here. International student and access to #4

Just now, nkrish21 said:

Yes that I will be too. the state of admission limbo will come to an end . And then will start the next state of limbo - in-person classes or not? What about everyone? Do you have any visibility on this?

As a domestic student, it sounds like the other programs I am considering at expecting in-person classes, perhaps with some changes and alternatives for those with health considerations. But several programs have advised we should expect to be on campus.  

1 minute ago, nkrish21 said:

Yes that I will be too. the state of admission limbo will come to an end . And then will start the next state of limbo - in-person classes or not? What about everyone? Do you have any visibility on this?

SIPA has emailed us stating it will continue to be mostly virtual, with gradual in-person classes starting with vaccine roll-outs during Fall 2021

Just now, MPPNYC said:

As a domestic student, it sounds like the other programs I am considering at expecting in-person classes, perhaps with some changes and alternatives for those with health considerations. But several programs have advised we should expect to be on campus.  

Just wanna add that the other schools I've applied to who have divulged some info have said that their plan is to be in person with the exception of large lecture classes, since those present the highest COVID risk and are hurt the least by the shift to Zoom. 

Just now, van_96 said:

Just wanna add that the other schools I've applied to who have divulged some info have said that their plan is to be in person with the exception of large lecture classes, since those present the highest COVID risk and are hurt the least by the shift to Zoom. 

I don't get it, Biden has said the US secured enough doses to vaccinate the entire adult population by May. Vaccinating all students shouldn't be an issue by August? 

Just now, InternationalStudent said:

I don't get it, Biden has said the US secured enough doses to vaccinate the entire adult population by May. Vaccinating all students shouldn't be an issue by August? 

Having supply and getting vaccines into arms are 2 different ideas. They're expecting to have the supply by May and they're being conservative in their expectations, I think. Also, really depends on how many people are willing to get the vaccine. 

1 minute ago, InternationalStudent said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if they're just being overly cautious or if there's some issue they foresee that we don't. 

1 minute ago, nkrish21 said:

Very confusing place to be in for international students - particularly I'm planning to travel with family which includes kids. Just don't know what we are heading towards. 

The way I understand it from non-resident friends living in the US, as long as you have an address you will eventually be eligible for a vaccine. I wouldn't be surprised if schools end up requiring that you get vaccinated before attending classes.

1 minute ago, MPPNYC said:

Having supply and getting vaccines into arms are 2 different ideas. They're expecting to have the supply by May and they're being conservative in their expectations, I think. Also, really depends on how many people are willing to get the vaccine. 

Yeah but the US is also consistently vaccinating over 2 million people per day. On Saturday the CDC reported 4.6 million doses administered. They're distributing the supplies incredibly well. 

I can access 2 and 4 on the links and that being said the 2nd link is for domestic students which I’m not  — I can only see why I fall in that and it’s b/c of my last name!

1 minute ago, haroldhar said:

LOL- did someone from here book the 3:15PM appointments with the FinAid Counsellors today that were showing available a few minutes ago? Now first appt is tomorrow 10A!

Whoever did that just made my day LOL

Are the financial aid advisors only for incoming students? If not, maybe a current student booked it?

Could also be that something else got booked on their calendar so the slot is no longer available.

Edited by izzywho

6 minutes ago, sup5505 said:

Guys, how confident are we that decisions are being released today - Thursday, March 18th? 

I mean realistically, why would they take appointments the week before decisions  are out? Logically it seems today. But then again, logic is as good of a guess as chaos lol