Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

2 minutes ago, Me213 said:

The ides of March 2021... My peace of mind and focus is Julius Caesar and Matt is Brutus. This forum is the theater and you’re all the other senators. 

Would also like to add, pretty sure it’s called the “ides” of March because it’s the middle... not late March 

Just now, haroldhar said:

During my last admission portal refresh just now- all documents that previously showed as received (eg essays) disappeared and the only items shown as received were my transcripts- anyone else noticing similar?

Nope, not here. Maybe we're just overwhelming their servers with refreshes. 

1 minute ago, haroldhar said:

During my last admission portal refresh just now- all documents that previously showed as received (eg essays) disappeared and the only items shown as received were my transcripts- anyone else noticing similar?

still shows all documents as received for me

1 minute ago, haroldhar said:

Interesting.. all my stuff is still there

3 minutes ago, haroldhar said:

it’s all intact for me!

1 minute ago, sd9000 said:

Whoever updated that MYFAID contact box is directly responsible for my lack of productivity today. 

Couldn't agree more. I have not done anything today, have been eating m&m's the whole time, and now my head's hurting lol

Edited by MBAngineer

1 minute ago, McBeeps said:

BIG SAD for me when I only have email contacts listed on MYFAID but no appointment links... and BIG SAD for me again when all of my documents show up in the status portal and not just a transcript. I am in a state. 

They removed the appointment links for everyone earlier today.  Someone must have gotten overzealous and started making appointments! Never fear. 

If HKS announce their results today, this will be the most disappointing performance on their admissions blog front, ever. There was a reason why the Decision process mails used to be posted. It was to pace things and inform candidates of some basic yet important aspects, especially like application update status (not everyone ought to be a master at knowing how and where to check and all in the face of heightening tension) I cannot believe that an adcoms team as competent as that of HKS couldn't find the time to post blogs with almost the exact content from previous years to keep the traditional flow going. 

Even the pandemic doesn't merit such a departure from tradition. So I will continue to believe that normalcy will resume shortly and we will see the Decision process blog popping up in our mails.

But hey, I am definitely not complaining if it's today! :)

4 minutes ago, AnoIchi said:

If HKS announce their results today, this will be the most disappointing performance on their admissions blog front, ever. There was a reason why the Decision process mails used to be posted. It was to pace things and inform candidates of some basic yet important aspects, especially like application update status (not everyone ought to be a master at knowing how and where to check and all in the face of heightening tension) I cannot believe that an adcoms team as competent as that of HKS couldn't find the time to post blogs with almost the exact content from previous years to keep the traditional flow going. 

Even the pandemic doesn't merit such a departure from tradition. So I will continue to believe that normalcy will resume shortly and we will see the Decision process blog popping up in our mails.

But hey, I am definitely not complaining if it's today! :)

Last year, the first decision post during the month of March was posted March 4.  Decisions arrived March 18.  He still hasn't posted anything, so if we're relying on blog posts, we won't have decisions until April.

I think it is safe to say that we really can't necessarily rely on the blog this cycle. There are no rules in 2021. 

Edited by MPPNYC