Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

1 minute ago, StudentUSA said:

me too. I suppose they are putting a lot of people on WL this year to hedge against international deferrals like last year

Makes sense. I am an international myself, so there’s the risk....but after getting rejected from a competing school just a week ago, I did not see this coming so I am quite pleased!

Edited by nc922

Yeah no funding for me either. That makes things a lot complicated. Will keep an eye for external sources tho. Harvard carries heavy name recognition and some companies/organizations might be willing to finance. 

For those who were CPL finalist, did you see any award letter in your MYFIN portal? For me, I'm not seeing anything that could be for me though I did get an email saying CPL will notify me directly if I win a fellowship or not.

1 hour ago, sup5505 said:

Rejected (MPP) :( Going for my MBA at MIT though, and was planning to start there anyway and then at HKS in Fall 2022. Will probably reapply but for the MPA...maybe chances will be higher after a semester at MIT Sloan. Anyone know if they hold on to recommendation letters and/or essays?

Rec. letters yes, I think essay topics change from year to year though. 

4 minutes ago, StudentUSA said:

Feel like this year there are many more people put  on waiting list. It's very unlikely that we are getting any offer. It's just a soft decline. 

Long time lurker, first time poster. Also waitlisted for MC/MPA and thinking even if we get off the waitlist, we will be paying full price for the program. 

Got rejected for the MPP Program... Congrats to all who got accepted! I am genuinely happy and a tad envious! For those who would be going to HKS, please make the most of this amazing opportunity, and I hope you all success in your studies! I guess now I have to decide between SIPA and SAIS or maybe opt to reapply for the Fall 2022 cycle. Congrats again y'all!