Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

4 minutes ago, sup5505 said:

Rejected (MPP) :( Going for my MBA at MIT though, and was planning to start there anyway and then at HKS in Fall 2022. Will probably reapply but for the MPA...maybe chances will be higher after a semester at MIT Sloan. Anyone know if they hold on to recommendation letters and/or essays?

Yep, held for 3 years

Just now, Mpa-aspiration said:

Told you it would happen today folks.  I've been waitlisted in the MC/MPA program.  Hopefully i'll be joining you folks this fall! Did anyone else get waitlisted.

Me - does it mean that we have no funding and we can't defer? 

16 minutes ago, sup5505 said:

Rejected (MPP) :( Going for my MBA at MIT though, and was planning to start there anyway and then at HKS in Fall 2022. Will probably reapply but for the MPA...maybe chances will be higher after a semester at MIT Sloan. Anyone know if they hold on to recommendation letters and/or essays?

Congrats on getting into MIT Sloan! I hope you will come to love MIT just as I did (I went to MIT undergrad). 

Chin up and re-apply in your first year. You still got another chance! :) 

3 minutes ago, EconIsLife said:

Wow I'm pleasantly surprised! Accepted to MPA/ID. The HBS rejection stings a bit more now...

Ditto here. Got rejected from HBS as well. :( 

34 minutes ago, MBAngineer said:

Tell your friend that folks on thegradcafe send their regards. ? 

42 minutes ago, HKSApp21 said:

Tell your friend I said ?

Haha! What should I tell her now? Anyway, congrats to all who got in! SIPA it is for me in all probability now ?

Accepted to the MPP program. Feeling an overwhelming amount of relief as a reprieve from immense grief, given the recent hate crimes in the US. Didn't receive the level of funding needed to change my mind, so I will be turning down this offer to attend Princeton SPIA. Hopefully this will free up a slot to my fellow public servants! Congrats again, everyone.

Edited by Twiste

30 minutes ago, sup5505 said:

They hold on to your rec letters, transcripts, test scores etc. when you reapply. You only have to update your essays! Best of luck next year! 

Just now, lisbonb said:

They hold on to your rec letters, transcripts, test scores etc. when you reapply. You only have to update your essays! Best of luck next year! 

Thank you! Dp you know if recommenders will be re-notified that their letters are being used?