Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

1 minute ago, MPPNYC said:

Last year, the first decision post during the month of March was posted March 4.  Decisions arrived March 18.  He still hasn't posted anything, so if we're relying on blog posts, we won't have decisions until April.

I think it is safe to say that we really can't necessarily rely on the blog this cycle. There are no rules in 2021. 

Logical.

What I can't fathom is how they may do away completely with the whole series of mails which were central to understanding admissions process. Perhaps they could truncate the period (from 2 week to 1 week). As long as they get the 5 core mails out in this week.

7 minutes ago, AnoIchi said:

If HKS announce their results today, this will be the most disappointing performance on their admissions blog front, ever. There was a reason why the Decision process mails used to be posted. It was to pace things and inform candidates of some basic yet important aspects, especially like application update status (not everyone ought to be a master at knowing how and where to check and all in the face of heightening tension) I cannot believe that an adcoms team as competent as that of HKS couldn't find the time to post blogs with almost the exact content from previous years to keep the traditional flow going. 

Even the pandemic doesn't merit such a departure from tradition. So I will continue to believe that normalcy will resume shortly and we will see the Decision process blog popping up in our mails.

But hey, I am definitely not complaining if it's today! :)

Honestly, all it takes to give us peace of mind is giving us a date, or a better estimate than "late march". Is HKS the very last school to release results in the Government Affairs forum? Even Princeton announced their decision already.

2 minutes ago, AnoIchi said:

Logical.

What I can't fathom is how they may do away completely with the whole series of mails which were central to understanding admissions process. Perhaps they could truncate the period (from 2 week to 1 week). As long as they get the 5 core mails out in this week.

I'm in school as we speak, and the administrative side of my university has completely fallen off during COVID. People are working from home, communication spread is harder to manage, people are generally more stressed, etc. Add on the extra applicants this year, and it's completely reasonable to have the admissions blog posts fall by the wayside. 

Edited by sd9000

2 hours ago, Mpa-aspiration said:

I've gotten word, and someone else on this blog has gotten word that  it is happening today.  99.99% sure its happening today.  Everything that happened last year and the year before should not be applied to this year.  We've gone weeks without any of the HKS application blogs, i wouldnt apply the same logic from previous years to this year.  Its happening today.

Does your friend still think it's happening today

Just now, Billy2324 said:

It's because Matt Clemons no longer works at the Harvard Kennedy School. He resigned this year, so whoever is guiding the admissions process now is not following tradition. 

Wow Billy with the good intel. Nice catch. 

Just now, Billy2324 said:

It's because Matt Clemons no longer works at the Harvard Kennedy School. He resigned this year, so whoever is guiding the admissions process now is not following tradition. 

Thank you so much for this. The mystery just got cleared so much. Matt was amazing! I have no idea what to expect now. My theory of core mails and stuff are probably out of the window. I'm starting to believe the results can come any day.

4 minutes ago, Billy2324 said:

I can confirm that I also heard from a reliable source that Matt is no longer at HKS. Makes perfect sense to me why the process is not following tradition.

3 hours ago, MadEye said:

A current student just told me that they're sending out today. Hope the wait ends tonight, else please don't kill me ?

Tell your friend that folks on thegradcafe send their regards. ? 

2 minutes ago, Billy2324 said:

I'm right due to my sources!

I applied to the MC/MPA program this year, and received a CPL fellowship invitation. 

First the Matt intel, now the CPL invitation. You're already playing in a different league than most of us here!