NDSEG 2020 20201

Eman2

48 minutes ago, Eman2 said:

Ouch no feb, march update. I am also resigning to the assumption that I didn't get it. Last year they came out beginning of April right? so should hear soon anyways

Hopefully soon. Heard back from GRFP today (rejection), nice to quit worrying about that one. It'll be nice to quit worrying about this one too, either way!

Do people without a February or March update still have hope of getting the award, or is everyone pretty much convinced that you'll only get it if you have a more recent update? Feeling pretty defeated after getting Honorable Mention for NSF today and just don't want to keep my hopes up for this if I really shouldn't anymore #DecemberGang

On 3/12/2021 at 8:56 AM, thelastlurker said:

For anyone who is curious about what the dates mean I accidentally checked my application status from last year and it has a 2/1/21 update. Maybe they are reconsidering or the dates really don't mean anything ?

update from me again-- my old app (2020) went to a 12/9/20 update when it was showing 2/1/21 -- so now both apps are showing 12/9/20?-- this is all very odd

16 hours ago, PopSoc said:

update from me again-- my old app (2020) went to a 12/9/20 update when it was showing 2/1/21 -- so now both apps are showing 12/9/20?-- this is all very odd

All the wacky dates this year gives me some hope that its a random thing in their system and not necessarily an indication of who will get the fellowship 

ugh, still no updates since 12/9. didn't expect to get it but feeling disappointed I didn't make it any farther since I think my profile and proposal are fairly competitive and I was HM for the GRFP last year. oh well, that's life.

Edited by cray_fish

Any chance they might change this status, since they didn't email anyone? 

I am just desperate since I just got HM for NSF and feeling at an all time low. I can't apply anymore since I'm a second year grad student.