NDSEG 2020 20201

Eman2

On 3/3/2021 at 12:16 AM, ghostcat312 said:

One thing my adviser did mention to me was that last year's NDSEG deadline was apparently a lot later than this year's, which could affect the update timeline........

Thanks for the heads up. The NDSEG website has their panel review period for this year's application listed as 1 December 2020 – 15 January 2021. Any idea what last year's period was?

Edited by caffeinated_lurker
Punctuation

Secondary updates came out in late February last year (like 2/27-2/28). Speaking as someone who lived through last year and is again currently stuck at 12/4, I am now accepting that I did not make it to the second round. Should make March/April much easier to bear. 

23 hours ago, whyndsegwhy said:

Secondary updates came out in late February last year (like 2/27-2/28). Speaking as someone who lived through last year and is again currently stuck at 12/4, I am now accepting that I did not make it to the second round. Should make March/April much easier to bear. 

Same, stuck in December last year and stuck in November this year. I'm glad the dates system glitch exists so at least now I know the DoD is really not interested in funding my work and can I use my effort to apply to different fellowships next year.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:20 AM, caffeinated_lurker said:

Thanks for the heads up. The NDSEG website has their panel review period for this year's application listed as 1 December 2020 – 15 January 2021. Any idea what last year's period was?

Wait what is this panel review period? Is this Round 1 or 2?

Anyone get a March update yet?

Edit: wait, if the panel review was from 12/1-1/15...then that means the Feb update would have been the results of that...God this is nerve-wracking. Only the presence of a March update will tell.

Edited by psychologygengar

3 hours ago, psychologygengar said:

Wait what is this panel review period? Is this Round 1 or 2?

Anyone get a March update yet?

Edit: wait, if the panel review was from 12/1-1/15...then that means the Feb update would have been the results of that...God this is nerve-wracking. Only the presence of a March update will tell.

I'm going to guess that we won't see a March update. Looking at least year's dates sheet, it seems like the only updates following December were in Feb. and April. 

2019-2020 cycle google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HHwP8Zyh8W24HRUh5WnObRExb24JhN5ZLTa7p5Q8CkI/edit#gid=0

On 3/12/2021 at 8:56 AM, thelastlurker said:

For anyone who is curious about what the dates mean I accidentally checked my application status from last year and it has a 2/1/21 update. Maybe they are reconsidering or the dates really don't mean anything ?

Mine does too. Current app date is 12/9/20. Last years app date 2/1/21 ??‍♀️

Senior undergrad here. I am only vaguely familiar with the application process, but I have a 12/9/2020 update... does this mean I made it to the review panel? Would that be the second round?

No February update, but I'm wondering if there's still a chance.... 

22 hours ago, PopSoc said:

Mine does too. Current app date is 12/9/20. Last years app date 2/1/21 ??‍♀️

Yeah I have the same dates as you. I was waitlisted last year and I thought my application got better so I'm not sure what to think of the dates. I have hope still haha

7 minutes ago, helloFromLongTimeLurker said:

Is the website down for anyone else right now...?  Considering the app due date was a month earlier this year and results are typically released in April, I'm wondering if decision day may finally be upon us...

Down here as well.

44 minutes ago, mediumicrophone said:

Mine worked when I refreshed @MarginallyStable @helloFromLongTimeLurker

Sorta kinda working for me on a different browser now. I just found this thread for the first time and didn't know about all this update business so now I'm looking for my latest update ?

EDIT: Last update was 12/4

Edited by MarginallyStable
Added my latest update

I'm going to bet that anyone who doesn't see a March update got rejected (including me). I think that instead of April updates this year, we'll see a series of March updates followed by acceptance/waitlist info. Anyone else have thoughts? Hate just sitting here and thinking about my potential rejection alone lol.

Edited by caffeinated_lurker
typo

44 minutes ago, caffeinated_lurker said:

I'm going to bet that anyone who doesn't see a March update got rejected (including me). I think that instead of April updates this year, we'll see a series of March updates followed by acceptance/waitlist info. Anyone else have thoughts? Hate just sitting here and thinking about my potential rejection alone lol.

I'm in the same boat, quickly losing hope. I agree that anyone without a March update will likely be rejected. Only time will tell...

On 3/18/2021 at 2:27 PM, hensolo said:

I'm in the same boat, quickly losing hope. I agree that anyone without a March update will likely be rejected. Only time will tell...

I wouldn't necessarily give up hope. Some people who didn't report having February updates have reported receiving March updates. In this regard, it seems the update system is at least slightly different this year relative to last. 

What do you folks think?

Irrelevant to the dates, but people keep editing the format of the google doc and it's creating confusion and unfortunately, lost data. My info went MIA with one of the reformats, and who knows how many other peoples info. 

As far as the dates go, I have dec, jan, and feb udates but don't have a March update and applied to the ARO. Anyone else apply ARO with no march update? The BAA info used to be on the google doc, but not anymore for whatever reason.