I was accepted to the MPA program as well - Urban and Social Policy! :) No word on funding though.

I remember seeing a fellowship consideration deadline on 5th January, but I don't see any links to applications for that anymore. Does anyone else know if accepted candidates can still submit that somehow?

8 hours ago, seeker94 said:

I was accepted to the MPA program as well - Urban and Social Policy! :) No word on funding though.

I remember seeing a fellowship consideration deadline on 5th January, but I don't see any links to applications for that anymore. Does anyone else know if accepted candidates can still submit that somehow?

Congratulations! I also got accepted for the MPA.

FYI: Under the Application materials/additional essays, you can still upload a few fellowship essays. There is an option that appears there. 

Congratulations! I also got accepted for the MPA. The letter mentions we will hear back about funding in a few weeks so fingers crossed. ? 

FYI: Under the Application materials/additional essays, you can still upload a few fellowship essays. There is an option that appears there. 

Congratulations! I also got accepted for the MPA. The letter mentions we will hear back about funding in a few weeks so fingers crossed. ? 

Congratulations to all!

I got accepted for the MPA as well for Urban and Social Policy..

The letter mentions we will hear back about funding in a few weeks so fingers crossed. ? 

FYI: Under the Application materials/additional essays, you will get an option to upload the fellowship essays.

Congratulations to all!

FYI: The letter mentions we will hear back about funding in a few weeks so fingers crossed. ? 

Under the Application materials/additional essays, we still have an option to upload the fellowship essays.

Congratulations to all!

FYI: The letter mentions we will hear back about funding in a few weeks so fingers crossed. ? 

Under the Application materials/additional essays, we still have an option to upload the fellowship essays.

On 12/28/2020 at 4:19 AM, mzl28 said:

Congratulations for those who are accepted!!

I'm also applying for MPA, any tips for the personal statement? Thank you!

I'm no expert, but I can tell you how I mapped out my statement of purpose. First, I quickly touched on what events/passions led to the pursuit of an MPA. I then focused the majority of the writing on to what specific impact(s) I want to make in urban policy, both short and long term, and how SIPA would help achieve those goals. I tied the core curriculum and concentrations to my interests and I think it can be good to research the professors so you can identify one who works in the field you're most interested in. If you're including a professor then just make sure putting their name in has a purpose and is not just 'name dropping'. Finally, I put an emphasis on what I can bring to the classroom. Hope that helps and best of luck putting together your application!

3 hours ago, death_by_coffee said:

Congratulations to all who have received their acceptance. I got accepted for MPA-EPM program starting Summer 2021. 

Anyone here who has applied to the same program and received any scholarship?

Thanks!

I got in for MPA-EPM summer 2021. Congratulations to all who got admitted!

5 hours ago, death_by_coffee said:

Congratulations to all who have received their acceptance. I got accepted for MPA-EPM program starting Summer 2021. 

Anyone here who has applied to the same program and received any scholarship?

Thanks!

I viewed my status in the morning, it said I am admitted but now my portal is not showing the status. Are you facing similar issue?

8 hours ago, PartTimeStresser said:

Hello, did you guys also upload any documents or certificates on the application as proof for all the activities and professional experience that are listed on the resume? If so, where do we upload them?

Nope, I didn't, and they haven't asked me for anything else either. Unless they ask for it specifically, I don't think we need to send them anything. 

Aso, I'm curious to know if anybody here has applied for the International Fellows Program? There's very little information that I can find out about it and what exactly fellows do. I understand that the cohort takes a trip to DC and the United Nations, and the curriculum focuses on the international word order, but beyond that information is very vague.

• 2 weeks later...

Got accepted last month- MPA in Development Practice. Really waiting to hear back about Financial Aid. They sent some type of admitted students portal that mentioned scholarships awarded would be mentioned in the admissions offer letter and I spent an hour in the morning in pure terror. 

Then i asked a few friends who went to SIPA, and rechecked the email I had written to the financial aids team- they do send across funding info in March only- so now the dreadful wait!

5 hours ago, tan1023 said:

Got accepted last month- MPA in Development Practice. Really waiting to hear back about Financial Aid. They sent some type of admitted students portal that mentioned scholarships awarded would be mentioned in the admissions offer letter and I spent an hour in the morning in pure terror. 

Then i asked a few friends who went to SIPA, and rechecked the email I had written to the financial aids team- they do send across funding info in March only- so now the dreadful wait!

Hey @tan1023, did you get an email from SIPA titled: "SIPA: Financial Aid Award Letter"? They sent me one on Jan 4th. Granted it was primarily FAFSA related award and no scholarship/grants. Would you say scholarships and FAFSA related aid are given out at different times?

7 hours ago, joshyboy said:

Hey @tan1023, did you get an email from SIPA titled: "SIPA: Financial Aid Award Letter"? They sent me one on Jan 4th. Granted it was primarily FAFSA related award and no scholarship/grants. Would you say scholarships and FAFSA related aid are given out at different times?

13 hours ago, tan1023 said:

Hey @tan1023 and @joshyboy, I think that's true. I'm an international applicant and I emailed them too and they said scholarships and aid decisions come out in March since currently, all applications have not been reviewed for financial aid. Here's what they said:

"Admitted applicants for fall 2021 have not all been reviewed for scholarship aid; that will take place in March and those selected to receive funding will be notified.  No further action or documentation is required on your part.  In the interim, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the information and resources at https://www.sipa.columbia.edu/admissions/financial-aid, including the external funding opportunities and the other (albeit limited) funding opportunities from Columbia that are not directly from SIPA."

I think FAFSA is a relatively different process and starts earlier on.