hahah exactly!! Theme from New York! 

1 minute ago, goromajima24 said:

IDK if they still do this, but from the time I applied two years ago, if you don't already know, just make sure your volume is on, but, uh, not too high. 

3 minutes ago, IDstudent said:

Do we know if they'll include scholarship information in admissions letters (assuming it's not a rejection/waitlist lol)?

You will find a link at the bottom of the admission letter about aid info/decision 

Edited by Nomad48

I'm fairly certain it'll happen today for no good reason besides past knowledge, this forum's affirmations and the fact I've gotten all my acceptances when I thought I would this year. So good luck everyone, hang in there!!! This is my last one and I'm dying a little bit but it's all going to be fine either way. 

2 minutes ago, emmalihua said:

I'm fairly certain it'll happen today for no good reason besides past knowledge, this forum's affirmations and the fact I've gotten all my acceptances when I thought I would this year. So good luck everyone, hang in there!!! This is my last one and I'm dying a little bit but it's all going to be fine either way. 

Agreed, I got into UChicago and Georgetown exactly on the dates provided. I have a feeling it's going to be an 8pm email from SIPA

7 minutes ago, ya711 said:

Also I was majorly close to having a breakdown this morning (from the stress of not knowing), but chatting with everyone here on the forum really helped ease my anxiety. It feels good to know I'm not alone. Thank you so much!!! I hope we all get what we applied for!!

Yes, I wasn't going to enter the forums but it's actually nice to collectively freak out. I live 16 blocks from Columbia and trying to resist walking up there and manifesting on the library steps. Someone tell me that won't help or I will lol 

Columbia loves holidays. I am quite sure you all will hear something today. Last year also it was Friday evening, and this year's Early Decisions were also rolled out on Christmas eve. I think they understand you will need a day or two to celebrate. So all the best to everyone waiting out there. I received admit in ED round but waiting to hear on any funding. 

Edited by ab1987

40 minutes ago, emmalihua said:

Yes, I wasn't going to enter the forums but it's actually nice to collectively freak out. I live 16 blocks from Columbia and trying to resist walking up there and manifesting on the library steps. Someone tell me that won't help or I will lol 

Haha you should, Low beach is beautiful today :) Not sure you will find the admissions info you want there though 

15 minutes ago, ab1987 said:

Columbia loves holidays. I am quite sure you all will hear something today. Last year also it was Friday evening, and this year's Early Decisions were also rolled out on Christmas eve. I think they understand you will need a day or two to celebrate. So all the best to everyone waiting out there. I received admit in ED round but waiting to hear on any funding. 

Also waiting on funding! Best of luck to everyone here 

5 minutes ago, TradeRacists4Refugees said:

I am so nervous I could throw up. But expectations aren’t high. I’m more excited that I’ll get in than scared I won’t. Does anyone feel the same way? 

Yes! I don't think I'll go even if I get in, but it would feel really good to know that they want me haha

3 hours ago, grad12345 said:

Are you guys all waiting for MPA results, or also MIA? I applied to the MIA and haven't heard anything (so I guess that makes five of us?)

Yup, applied to MIA and still waiting

Edited by Nysha

1 hour ago, Floating_Bee said:

Not to be dramatic but...I feel like if decisions don't come out today, I'll explode from all the anxiety. Or will likely have to sleep/hibernate all weekend to get to Monday faster. 

The last two weeks have been soooo quiet, and I'm still waiting on SIPA and one other school!!

Slowly towards insanity. 

1 hour ago, Floating_Bee said:

Not to be dramatic but...I feel like if decisions don't come out today, I'll explode from all the anxiety. Or will likely have to sleep/hibernate all weekend to get to Monday faster. 

Nope, not dramatic at all. I promise you if we don't hear tonight I will personally go stake out the admissions office. 

8 minutes ago, emmalihua said:

Nope, not dramatic at all. I promise you if we don't hear tonight I will personally go stake out the admissions office. 

Hahaha amazing. I had a nightmare this week that SIPA returned my application because my personal statement was "basic and not nuanced enough." On the plus side, they told me to rewrite it and send it back. This is where I currently am mentally. ?

4 minutes ago, Floating_Bee said:

Hahaha amazing. I had a nightmare this week that SIPA returned my application because my personal statement was "basic and not nuanced enough." On the plus side, they told me to rewrite it and send it back. This is where I currently am mentally. ?

After submitting my applications I usually fall asleep for the next week going over my essays word-for-word in my head like a psychopath. I'm on dreams about being on campuses but not actually a student. I am so ready to be done with this application season. I did get into 3/3 schools so far and this is my last one so technically everything is fine but I want that clean sweep. 

14 minutes ago, emmalihua said:

After submitting my applications I usually fall asleep for the next week going over my essays word-for-word in my head like a psychopath. I'm on dreams about being on campuses but not actually a student. I am so ready to be done with this application season. I did get into 3/3 schools so far and this is my last one so technically everything is fine but I want that clean sweep. 

Same ahah! I just want to know about final decisions and I will relax for the rest of the year!

By the way, I was admitted to SAIS and I was wondering if SIPA was less/more selective? I have no idea about selection at Columbia (except this is a very selective University like many in the US).