O sea but they're gonna send emails until FRIDAY?! what about tomorrow?! Can they do tomorrow?

I applied to the MPA-DP in the January 5 deadline for the fellowship ?

8 hours ago, goromajima24 said:

Aaand 8:30 has come and gone. So...Friday? Yeesh

1 hour ago, PartTimeStresser said:

The deadline to apply for certain scholarships which require an unconditional acceptance from a university is in March. The more admission results are delayed, the harder it will be for some applicants to apply for them on time. 

Exactly!!! And i cannot attend Columbia without funding. Let alone anywhere else where I will still need to prove I am enrolled ASAP. 

12 minutes ago, BinZh5551 said:

Hey all!

I was wondering how many students SIPA includes every year (what is the size of the class)?

Does anyone know about this? thx!

https://www.sipa.columbia.edu/academics/compare-programs

This page has the approximate class sizes reported by the school. I think it is total though not by year, so I suppose it's approximately that number/2. 

Hey all, I think this might have something to do with the delays in the release of admission results.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/15/columbia-university-grad-student-workers-go-on-strike/

This ain't the most reputable source but strikes have been ongoing, my guess is that this might be affecting the timeline/ release of results haha. If it means better working conditions and pay, I'm all for it.... even though I am this close to combusting from anxiety lol. 

Just now, radlyant said:

Hey all, I think this might have something to do with the delays in the release of admission results.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/15/columbia-university-grad-student-workers-go-on-strike/

This ain't the most reputable source but strikes have been ongoing, my guess is that this might be affecting the timeline/ release of results haha. If it means better working conditions and pay, I'm all for it.... even though I am this close to combusting from anxiety lol. 

I am a current Columbia undergrad student, so I can provide a little insight on this. This is only hourly paid grad students and PhD students striking, not any administrators that would be working on admissions for SIPA. It could, possibly, affect some administrative stuff if some hourly workers are gone in the office, but I very much doubt it would push a decision date back. 

It is a pretty wild strike though. Many classes are cancelled and a lot of classes have no TAs. Most professors are going to be pretty miffed about having to grade 200 final papers themselves. 

Just now, sd9000 said:

I am a current Columbia undergrad student, so I can provide a little insight on this. This is only hourly paid grad students and PhD students striking, not any administrators that would be working on admissions for SIPA. It could, possibly, affect some administrative stuff if some hourly workers are gone in the office, but I very much doubt it would push a decision date back. 

It is a pretty wild strike though. Many classes are cancelled and a lot of classes have no TAs. Most professors are going to be pretty miffed about having to grade 200 final papers themselves. 

Hello Columbia Lion! NYU Bobcat here. Hmmm I agree, didn't think it'd affect it much but slowing down admin processes might translate into delays all across the board? I highly doubt that they make decision up to the last minute (feel free to correct me though) and my guess is that they are finalizing admin-stuff before sending out decisions. 

That being said, its good to see this round of protests go off. NYU has been protesting in solidarity but in typical fashion none of our TAs skip classes. At least they didn't 'strike' last year, our TAs kinda just said they are in support and explained what it was about. Do you think this will last? Can't believe Pres Bo's salary though....

Got my acceptance for the MPA-DP program in December last year- do keep your volume on, listening to that song will be one of the best moments of your life. 

You know what will not make it to the top moments? Anxiously checking your email all the time hoping you have got some funding offer and financial aid info. Please update when you get your decisions, really dying of anxiety over here- perhaps Friday it is??

Best of luck to us all!

Just now, user188404 said:

Just got accepted into MPA!! But no mention of funding/scholarship in the letter... does this mean I didn't get any? ?

Apparently - from the Welcome page website: "If the Admissions Committee has awarded you a SIPA Scholarship or Fellowship, this information will be included in your admission letter."

welp. SAIS it is. 

1 minute ago, goromajima24 said:

Apparently - from the Welcome page website: "If the Admissions Committee has awarded you a SIPA Scholarship or Fellowship, this information will be included in your admission letter."

welp. SAIS it is. 

Dang itttt. I knew Columbia was going to be a reach because they're already so expensive but I was hoping they'd give me at least a dollar. I got a 100% tuition offer from another program, though, so I guess that answers that question...