from my experience, no. they will only send you some external resources

2 minutes ago, Bogdan said:

The letter states "In a few weeks you will receive specific information on the cost of attendance and possible sources of aid" does it mean that the decisions will be announced later?

Edited by Nomad48

Just now, Bogdan said:

The letter states "In a few weeks you will receive specific information on the cost of attendance and possible sources of aid" does it mean that the decisions will be announced later?

My sense was that this was referring to loans and the like, not direct funding. But could be wrong! 

2 minutes ago, Nomad48 said:

from my experience, no. they will only send you some resources about external sources

2 minutes ago, goromajima24 said:

My sense was that this was referring to loans and the like, not direct funding. But could be wrong! 

Makes sense 

Emailed the financial aid office since there was no funding in my letter and I tried to leverage my 100% tuition from another program... and let's just say they said no hahah. (This is their email):

Congratulations on your acceptance to the School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA) at Columbia University! SIPA has much to offer, and we hope that you will be joining us in September. 

We understand the challenges that students face in financing their studies. Our resources to assist are limited, and the awards we can offer to first-year students are very competitive. At this time, all funds we have to offer first-year entering students have been committed. 

Many SIPA students receive aid from outside sources such as charitable or professional organizations, their employers, philanthropic groups, or agencies in their own countries. We offer a 
comprehensive list of scholarships and a search engine on our website and recommend that all students familiarize themselves with this resource and apply for all applicable awards

Just now, IDstudent said:

Did your original letter update or was separate financial information posted?

On the bottom of the letter update it says:

The following letters are available for this account:

• March 16, 2021 (displayed)
  • Scholarship Award Letter

Just now, burnt_toast said:

So if we don't see another letter on the portal that means no funding? Or has anyone gotten a letter that actually says no funding offer?

I think that's what it is. I had emailed the fin aid office a while ago, and they said if there's no funding you just wouldn't get notified. Maybe reach out to them if you want to double check?

2 minutes ago, f_ern said:

I think that's what it is. I had emailed the fin aid office a while ago, and they said if there's no funding you just wouldn't get notified. Maybe reach out to them if you want to double check?

Alrighty then! I'm wondering if it's related to the fact that I got a conditional acceptance because still I need to take the Econ prereqs. Pretty disappointing they would just dismiss people like me for funding even if we have a really strong backgrounds and work experience. I would have thought the financial offer would just be conditional as with the acceptance. Oh well, one less school to consider I guess!