10 minutes ago, policygeek112 said:

Just got in to SIPA MIA! Pretty good financial aid too. I hope you guys got in as well!

may I know what time did you get your email?

37 minutes ago, policygeek112 said:

Just got in to SIPA MIA! Pretty good financial aid too. I hope you guys got in as well!

Congratulations!! 

I think this settles it. Either letters are being sent out in waves or we didn't make the cut. Thanks for letting us know btw

4 minutes ago, TradeRacists4Refugees said:

Has anyone else heard back yet from MIA?? I have no email or update in my portal 

Me neither :(

But gauging by the Stanford MIP and Princeton SPIA thread, a lot of accepted applicants aren't on Gradcafe.  @TradeRacists4RefugeesI hope we both make it to MSFS though! 

Edited by GradProsMPP

I looked at last years thread and there were a considerable number of people who got into SIPA MIA who were active and shared their acceptances. Also someone was waitlisted and notified on the same day as the acceptances. I think one or two people didn't know the day of and they didn't post again.

All of that is to say it would be very unusual for only one person to get any sort of notification on drop day, but definitely possible given how competitive everything this year is I guess

Edited by mppaspiring

From what I can gather on this site, most of the people are high-stress and high-achieving and more often get in than not, so I doubt this entire thread got rejected and the large drop just hasn’t happened yet. Hang in there fam! Don’t worry about a few outliers!

13 hours ago, PartTimeStresser said:

At this point I would say the AdCom is trolling us. ?

After seeing that post, I couldn't go to bed until 3 in the morning, and had a nightmare about refreshing my inbox crazy and getting the rejection letter. -_- What an awesome way to start the weekend.

Guys, I am sorry if my admission last week made everyone nervous. I submitted my application in December, but I forgot to submit the video interview and I did only after AdCom sent me a reminder in mid February. Therefore, I guess they have already admitted me with the early decisions poll but had to wait for the video interview - which looks more like a formality - before sending the letter out. I hope this helps making peace with your anxiety which by the way I fully understand. 

18 minutes ago, Newpitt said:

Guys, I am sorry if my admission last week made everyone nervous. I submitted my application in December, but I forgot to submit the video interview and I did only after AdCom sent me a reminder in mid February. Therefore, I guess they have already admitted me with the early decisions poll but had to wait for the video interview - which looks more like a formality - before sending the letter out. I hope this helps making peace with your anxiety which by the way I fully understand. 

I thought the deadline for early action was way back in November. In any case, it's great you heard back but strange that no one else seems to have yet

6 hours ago, Newpitt said:

Thanks for explaining!! And congrats on getting in :) 

1 hour ago, emmalihua said:

Not to be dramatic, but if it doesn’t happen today I am going to lose my dang mind. But there’s something poetic about dropping decisions on the Ides of March so I think it’s fitting. 

Working from home definitely makes it harder not to fixate on impending decisions and constantly refresh the portal. Wishing everyone the best of luck! I'm going to try distract myself with all the to-dos I have for the next few hours (days?).