I applied for the MPA program and haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know if they release admissions in waves? Since someone on this thread wrote that they've already been admitted to the MPA program, I feel like I should be expecting a rejection email today or tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, ya711 said:

I applied for the MPA program and haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know if they release admissions in waves? Since someone on this thread wrote that they've already been admitted to the MPA program, I feel like I should be expecting a rejection email today or tomorrow.

Wondering the same! Applied for the MPA and no updates on my end either. Weird that it seems only one person on this forum received a decision...

On 3/10/2021 at 5:34 AM, envirostudent21 said:

I was accepted last week to the MPA-ESP program but $0 funding, so terrifying. I was reading through threads on reddit of students in $90k+ debt and what it feels like, and it made me feel sick to my stomach, truly. I wish I could defer but it looks like they have really strict rules about it, only accepting exceptional professional opportunities as reasons for deferral. I'm hoping I'll get accepted to a fellowship I applied for so that I can argue that it counts as a valid "professional" reason to defer. 

Did they give you any guidance around "exceptional" professional reasons? Is that "I got an appointment to Biden's cabinet." or "I got a cool new job in March and it would really look bad to leave right now." 

How high is the bar? haha

Edited by shuathmore

6 hours ago, shuathmore said:

Did they give you any guidance around "exceptional" professional reasons? Is that "I got an appointment to Biden's cabinet." or "I got a cool new job in March and it would really look bad to leave right now." 

How high is the bar? haha

I'm not sure actually — I'm guessing it would be somewhere in between getting appointed to Biden's cabinet and getting a cool new job in March :P 

They do not usually do it in waves. This is a marked deviation from their previous policy. I guess a possible explanation is that admitted students receive decisions in the first wave followed by the waitlisted and rejects. Another one could be that those who are sure to be admitted receive their admits first. The 'in between' candidates may have to wait slightly longer. This change in policy could be due to higher applications this year along with potential deferrals from the previous academic year. 

9 minutes ago, GradProsMPP said:

They do not usually do it in waves. This is a marked deviation from their previous policy. I guess a possible explanation is that admitted students receive decisions in the first wave followed by the waitlisted and rejects. Another one could be that those who are sure to be admitted receive their admits first. The 'in between' candidates may have to wait slightly longer. This change in policy could be due to higher applications this year along with potential deferrals from the previous academic year. 

This makes me so sad hahaha...guess a rejection it is