DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

23 hours ago, _Bea_ said:

Here: https://www.daad.de/en/coronavirus/

But I was talking about the Masters's one, don't know if it also applies to PhD ?

Before I said that I found that on the italian DAAD website, but now I realise it is on the general one, I just found the link on the italian site.

I don't know if I should write a mail, because our deadline was in november... That's quite more than 4 months hahaha

Seeing how it is on the general website, and also given the fact that they clearly told some of us by email that interviews in Italy were going to be held, I don't think we have a chance. I gave up on this like a month ago hahaha

It's nice to see that you're still hopeful! And maybe something crazy will happen! But till then, I'm not even checking my portal ever hahaah

Hello all,

I received a message in the DAAD portal saying that my application is accepted, that "an email will follow in the following weeks with the official documents" and that I "need to send the Declaration of Acceptance ASAP via the portal".

(The status of my application is still "Selection made".)

Will that Declaration of Acceptance document come with the next message? Or do I need to find that document somewhere on their website?

Scholarship: PhD

Edited by imea

23 hours ago, germanmasters said:

Hey guys, just to ask those of you whose status has changed form 'Application submitted' to anything else - do you get an email to say that sth has changed on the portal or did you find out by constantly checking the portal ? 

I did not get a notification when it changed to "Selection made". But I did get a message saying that I was accepted, and a notification for that message.

22 hours ago, Salome Margvelashvili said:

Hey yall. I just had my status changed to funding and in navigation menu I have a new option called "declaration of acceptance". I have not yet received any email though. What do I do now? ? Will anybody from Daad office contact me about the next steps? do I simply start sending applications to unis individually? 
p.s. My scholarship is for all disciplines and I am from Georgia.

Ok, this answers my question. I should just wait for another message or for the Declaration of Acceptance tab to appear in my portal.

36 minutes ago, cardio78 said:

Hi guys! If you win the scholarship - is it means that you're automatically admitted to one of the three mentioned universities (in your application)?

No, it doesn't. You need to apply separately to all three universities. DAAD scholarship and university admission are not connected. DAAD just gives you money to study in Germany, all other stuff (university admission, visa if needed) you have to do by yourself.

HI Guys I applied for masters degree, and already passed the 1st screening and interview and get admitted to the univerisity. is this a good sign or big possibility to get the scholarship or funding? anxiety is real!!!! waiting time is killing me right. lol plsss help

5 hours ago, Deutsch1 said:

Does anyone from the UK know when we will find out? 

Hey, I'm from the UK and still waiting too (all disciplines). I'm going to give it until the end of this week to email them about it. A few weeks ago someone emailed the London office and at the time they said 4 weeks, this week is week 4 (I think) so fingers crossed! :))

1 hour ago, Birdsong22 said:

Hey, I'm from the UK and still waiting too (all disciplines). I'm going to give it until the end of this week to email them about it. A few weeks ago someone emailed the London office and at the time they said 4 weeks, this week is week 4 (I think) so fingers crossed! :))

Thanks! Best of luck :)

I'm from Moscow and applied for Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/ Visual Communication and Film. My status is 'Preselection made', I've uploaded work samples ( basically same as the portfolio I've send by post) back in March and since then had no news.

I have messaged them on Friday to ask if they have at least a rough time for the results, to which they said they have no idea? Very frustrating, because my course starts in September and the enrolment is obviously  in June, so can't really plan anything atm

16 minutes ago, Elena K said:

I'm from Moscow and applied for Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/ Visual Communication and Film. My status is 'Preselection made', I've uploaded work samples ( basically same as the portfolio I've send by post) back in March and since then had no news.

I have messaged them on Friday to ask if they have at least a rough time for the results, to which they said they have no idea? Very frustrating, because my course starts in September and the enrolment is obviously  in June, so can't really plan anything atm

I think most, if not all of us applicants to that specific scholarship feel the same way you do;;; I was told that hopefully results will be released in May, but the whole situation is very anxiety inducing tbh. Now I'm sorting my papers and documents to apply to universities within this week, so I really hope I end up earning the scholarship otherwise this would be lots of time/money/energy spent for nothing (at least in my case) ??

Edited by nichtsehrgut

14 minutes ago, nichtsehrgut said:

I think most, if not all of us applicants to that specific scholarship feel the same way you do;;; I was told that hopefully results will be released in May, but the whole situation is very anxiety inducing tbh. Now I'm sorting my papers and documents to apply to universities within this week, so I really hope I end up earning the scholarship otherwise this would be lots of time/money/energy spent for nothing (at least in my case) ??

Yeah definitely a draining process, but hopefully there will be a positive outcome by the end of month somehow?

2 hours ago, nichtsehrgut said:

Totally relate, starting to feel apathetic towards the whole waiting too.

Don't know about you guys, but last January I also applied for a Gerda Henkel PhD scholarship and I got my rejection letter today. Kinda disappointed but I could see that coming to be honest. Still fingers crossed for DAAD!
Also for all European PhD students here who are willing to do their abroad period in Germany but are still waiting for the outcome of the DAAD, Erasmus scholarships should be compatible with DAAD - at least from what I gather - and are so much easier to get! 

Hi all,

I am a candidate for master in arts from Brazil. Just wrote daad and asked about results. They answered saying that selection is underway and they expect results to be released at the end of May/begging of June....

I am also applying for the universities, but if I don’t get the scholarship but gets accepted I will do it anyway...

On 4/30/2021 at 11:31 AM, germanmasters said:

Ah well we're in the same boat then - I reckon london office just changes to funding/rejection rtaher than filling in the 'paper copies recieved' or 'selection made' stages! 

Ah great, lmk if they reply please! When I emailed two weeks ago they said 'within 4 weeks' so hopefully only two weeks or less to go.

Hi there, this is what they've said this morning:

"The review process of the applications with a January deadline has finished now and you should receive the final notification about the outcome of your application in the next couple of weeks."

This is insanely frustrating, couple of weeks could mean anything tbh

Hey everyone! I think I will decline the scholarship if I get it. It would be an extremely tough decision, but I have another opportunity in a different country that I've come to realise feels like a much better fit for me, despite the possible financial advantage of pursuing my studies in Germany. Maybe this is an unusual question, but has anyone read anything about how to decline the scholarship? Or seen where on the portal I could do that? Best of luck to everyone!

35 minutes ago, adval said:

Hi there, this is what they've said this morning:

"The review process of the applications with a January deadline has finished now and you should receive the final notification about the outcome of your application in the next couple of weeks."

This is insanely frustrating, couple of weeks could mean anything tbh

ah that is really frustrating as I really thought end of this week would be the latest...

oh well, hopefully the results will come sooner rather than later!

Hello Everyone ! 

A DAAD Scholarship called "Special Initiative on Training and Job Creation" dedicated to some africains countries (Côte d'Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Rwanda, Senegal and Tunisia) in which 31 March was the deadline .
I got accepted by the Uni  , but till now i didn't hear from DAAD .
They had just requested additional transcripts through the university 3 weeks ago .

Had anyone applied to this scholarship ?
What does it mean if till now DAAD didn't reach out ? 

Edited by Franck

23 hours ago, Franck said:

Hello Everyone ! 

A DAAD Scholarship called "Special Initiative on Training and Job Creation" dedicated to some africains countries (Côte d'Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Rwanda, Senegal and Tunisia) in which 31 March was the deadline .
I got accepted by the Uni  , but till now i didn't hear from DAAD .
They had just requested additional transcripts through the university 3 weeks ago .

Had anyone applied to this scholarship ?
What does it mean if till now DAAD didn't reach out ? 

I didn't apply to this scholarship, but I'd say it doesn't necessarily have to mean anything that they haven't reached out yet! My deadline was November, they said they'd contact us in April, and we still haven't heard anything. There are big delays due to Covid, so I wouldn't panic yet!