DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

31 minutes ago, Ufora said:

I didn't apply to this scholarship, but I'd say it doesn't necessarily have to mean anything that they haven't reached out yet! My deadline was November, they said they'd contact us in April, and we still haven't heard anything. There are big delays due to Covid, so I wouldn't panic yet!

That's reassuring .
Thanks !! 

On 4/21/2021 at 10:51 PM, Dimba said:

When are you start your language course?. What can I do get the certificate of insurance? I have an interview for my passport next week?

Hey Buddy, have you managed to receive your Insurance certificate or not? I've reached out to them multiple times,through the portal, but in vain. 

3 hours ago, Gl. ag said:

Hey Buddy, have you managed to receive your Insurance certificate or not? I've reached out to them multiple times,through the portal, but in vain. 

Hello friend...I did receive the certificate... It took sometime before they sent it.

Hey! Anyone else here from Ireland? Delighted to have found this forum, and to see there are others still waiting and at the 'application submitted' stage, specifically people from the UK as we're under the same office. I'm not optimistic about my chances of getting a scholarship, but I was beginning to lose all hope thinking it was just me waiting. 

55 minutes ago, troy_athena said:

Are Reserved candidates like me still waiting? I was informed by the DAAD portal on April 15th.
Does anyone get any new news?

The doctoral scholarship I am applying for Graduate School Scholarship Programme.

Did you apply for GSSP scholarship? I've thought I was the only one here ? where exactly? 

I'm still waiting for an answer though.?

1 hour ago, troy_athena said:

Are Reserved candidates like me still waiting? I was informed by the DAAD portal on April 15th.
Does anyone get any new news?

The doctoral scholarship I am applying for Graduate School Scholarship Programme.

Hi! I am reserved for Master's and still waiting. I received results around April 20th. So nervous 

1 hour ago, Cam31 said:

Did you apply for GSSP scholarship? I've thought I was the only one here ? where exactly? 

I'm still waiting for an answer though.?

Also, can you tell us what options you have in the "Options" section of the portal? 

I only have "Submit document regarding the funding"?

1 minute ago, troy_athena said:

Also, can you tell us what options you have in the "Options" section of the portal? 

I only have "Submit document regarding the funding"?

Don't have same options, cause my status is still "application submitted"... Well, I've received a "notification of acceptance" about my documents, just two weeks ago, after two months waiting. It says I would have been considered, that my docs are ok and I must wait (?!).

I'm from Italy, applying for a Graduate School in Berlin/together with Humboldt. I'm checking my profile everyday...?

5 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

Don't have same options, cause my status is still "application submitted"... Well, I've received a "notification of acceptance" about my documents, just two weeks ago, after two months waiting. It says I would have been considered, that my docs are ok and I must wait (?!).

I'm from Italy, applying for a Graduate School in Berlin/together with Humboldt. I'm checking my profile everyday...?

I think yours has been a very positive choice, etc. things like "notification of acceptance" are a good sign.?

The paper business of the Germans is never finished. I guess that's why they keep us waiting a lot.??

"Submit document regarding the funding"

Have you heard of anyone whose status is considered to be Like Me? ?

1 minute ago, troy_athena said:

I think yours has been a very positive choice, etc. things like "notification of acceptance" are a good sign.?

The paper business of the Germans is never finished. I guess that's why they keep us waiting a lot.??

"Submit document regarding the funding"

Have you heard of anyone whose status is considered to be Like Me? ?

Do you really think so? Well, let's hope! I didn't expected a confirmation about my docs so late (two months after my submission), by this time I thought I might have got a final result instead.

I've read about reserved candidates already on Facebook groups, but not for our scholarship, only for Masters. I've read, at least twice, about some being contacted and declared winners in the end. Don't give up, but maybe try to rely on/start to look at some other scholarships too!

18 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

Do you really think so? Well, let's hope! I didn't expected a confirmation about my docs so late (two months after my submission), by this time I thought I might have got a final result instead.

I've read about reserved candidates already on Facebook groups, but not for our scholarship, only for Masters. I've read, at least twice, about some being contacted and declared winners in the end. Don't give up, but maybe try to rely on/start to look at some other scholarships too!

The fact that the city of Bonn is one of the regions where the virus is common, which may have caused them to respond late. "Accepted - selection made, etc." Everything about it is definitely a good sign.? I hope your acceptance will be confirmed in all respects as soon as possible.?

I hope it won't take long for them to answer me too. It's really hard to wait.?

Edited by troy_athena

9 minutes ago, troy_athena said:

The fact that the city of Bonn is one of the regions where the virus is common, which may have caused them to respond late. "Accepted - selection made, etc." Everything about it is definitely a good sign.? I hope your acceptance will be confirmed in all respects as soon as possible.?

I hope it won't take long for them to answer me too. It's really hard to wait.?

Thanks a lot! Wish you all the best, hope that they will reply to you soon! ??

Waiting is very hard, that's true. Looking forward to hearing from them soon. 

On 5/10/2021 at 8:19 AM, B2max said:

Any from Italy Master all disciplines? Any news? Mine just shows application submitted.

Hi! I applied from Italy too, and since November the status is application submitted :(

Hello everybody

Just to share with the rest of the people waiting…I come from Italy and applied for the PhD scolarship. So far, no interviews and no news. The application status is still “application received”. 

Hopefully we will know more in these couple of weeks, otherwise it can become even more difficult than how the situation is at the present moment (covid etc) to schedule everything for moving to DE.

Best wishes for your applications

On 5/4/2021 at 12:53 PM, Salome Margvelashvili said:

Hey yall. I just had my status changed to funding and in navigation menu I have a new option called "declaration of acceptance". I have not yet received any email though. What do I do now? ? Will anybody from Daad office contact me about the next steps? do I simply start sending applications to unis individually? 
p.s. My scholarship is for all disciplines and I am from Georgia.

Congratulations! I just wanted to ask if you did an interview before the acceptance... Thank you!

3 hours ago, giulssd said:

Hi! Anyone who applied for the Master Scholarship programme from Italy has any news? Or at least managed to get an interview? The status of my application is "application submitted" since November...

I applied from Italy too, and I had no news since November. However, as I wrote here about a month ago, I did talk to a girl on Facebook (who also applied from Italy for the Master all disciplines) who received the invitation to the interview at the end of March, and that's when I gave up haha

I think it's been way too long and we will probably get our rejection letter soon. Considering that they said that everyone who passed the pre-selection would have to go through the interview, I don't think there are any chances of us getting the scholarship if we haven't received any invitation. 

I still find it extremely weird that, out of maybe 10-12 Italian applicants who wrote on this forum and other groups, only one passed the pre-selection. I also am not sure about their selection criteria, considering I have top grades and I already have lived abroad. I was expecting to at least get through the first selection round... It's really disheartening.

2 minutes ago, Martacapp said:

I applied from Italy too, and I had no news since November. However, as I wrote here about a month ago, I did talk to a girl on Facebook (who also applied from Italy for the Master all disciplines) who received the invitation to the interview at the end of March, and that's when I gave up haha

I think it's been way too long and we will probably get our rejection letter soon. Considering that they said that everyone who passed the pre-selection would have to go through the interview, I don't think there are any chances of us getting the scholarship if we haven't received any invitation. 

I still find it extremely weird that, out of maybe 10-12 Italian applicants who wrote on this forum and other groups, only one passed the pre-selection. I also am not sure about their selection criteria, considering I have top grades and I already have lived abroad. I was expecting to at least get through the first selection round... It's really disheartening.

Hi! I find it very weird too... there must be an extremely low number of DAAD-scholarship available in Italy.? I applied for the summer language course and I received the result on April, I was expecting a message, even a rejection, for the Master at least in May...

3 minutes ago, giulssd said:

Hi! I find it very weird too... there must be an extremely low number of DAAD-scholarship available in Italy.? I applied for the summer language course and I received the result on April, I was expecting a message, even a rejection, for the Master at least in May...

When I emailed them, they told me the results would be released in May or June. So it could still be a month or more from now... But as I said, I gave up my hopes long time ago?

3 hours ago, giulssd said:

@Martacapp Hey! I don't know if this helps but you can see in the DAAD's annual reports how many people they funded from each country. For example in 2019, 49 Italian Master students received indivual funding, for example. In Belgium, my case, there were only 3 :") That statistic helped keep my expectations in check. But I agree, top grades and study abroad seems like exactly what they're looking for... Let's just keep waiting it out huh...