DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

14 minutes ago, Ufora said:

Hmmm someone who either got or didn't get the scholarship should help us out here! I believe it just means that the DAAD have made the decision / selection ("selection made") and that they will announce the results soon. But on the other hand, they told me that the selection for Belgium had been made as well but my status is still "paper copies received", so why don't they put "selection made"? Very weird... Anyone have any help for @Ryanpinoy? ?

I hope all our frustrations and anxiety checking DAAD Portal everyday will end soon. huhu

15 minutes ago, Ryanpinoy said:

I hope all our frustrations and anxiety checking DAAD Portal everyday will end soon. huhu

No change yet, still paper copies received. For 7 months already. The endgame has to come soon.Ā 

3 hours ago, Ryanpinoy said:

I just saw my DAAD Portal status after 3 monthsĀ from application Submitted to Selection made.Ā 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? DOESNT IT MEAN THAT I have a big chance of getting the scholarship?

thank you very much and hoping everyone is receiving an update now.Ā 

I think it just means that the selection has been made and you'll receive results very soon. Last week a Brazilian guy wrote in this forum that his status changed to "Selection Made" but then to "Application Rejected" after a few hours.

Good to have news though! Good luck

Ā 

4 hours ago, Ryanpinoy said:

I just saw my DAAD Portal status after 3 monthsĀ from application Submitted to Selection made.Ā 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? DOESNT IT MEAN THAT I have a big chance of getting the scholarship?

thank you very much and hoping everyone is receiving an update now.Ā 

I had the same status and now I am a reserved candidate. I think that's the positive sign, but still everything may happen. So, just wait for the results and good luck!Ā 

52 minutes ago, MagicBox said:

I think it just means that the selection has been made and you'll receive results very soon. Last week a Brazilian guy wrote in this forum that his status changed to "Selection Made" but then to "Application Rejected" after a few hours.

Good to have news though! Good luck

Ā 

Thank you very much

Ā 

32 minutes ago, Zhama said:

I had the same status and now I am a reserved candidate. I think that's the positive sign, but still everything may happen. So, just wait for the results and good luck!Ā 

Thank you very much

Ā 

Hi everyone! Do we have anyone here who was reserved and now his/her status changed? I received results in the second half of April and didn't hear anything from DAAD still. Little bit nervous and started to think that there is no chance for meĀ :(((

Edited by Zhama

15 minutes ago, Zhama said:

Hi everyone! Do we have anyone here who was reserved and now his/her status changed? I received results in the second half of April and didn't hear anything from DAAD still. Little bit nervous and started to think that there is no chance for meĀ :(((

Are you trying the Master of All Disciplines? I guess this delay is because DAAD didn't release the results yet for some parts of Europe. Maybe you will only hear from them in July or later. All the processes are very slow at the moment.Ā 

Just now, Humbd said:

Are you trying the Master of All Disciplines? I guess this delay is because DAAD didn't release the results yet for some parts of Europe. Maybe you will only hear from them in July or later. All the processes are very slow at the moment.Ā 

Yes, Master for All Disciplines. I hope so ??? thank you for your responseĀ 

Guys, I received another message from the same woman who answered me that there were no interviews: she thought I applied for a Research programmeĀ ?. She said quite clearly that there is no chance at all to get the scholarship without an interview... now I can wait quietly for my rejection letterĀ ? good luck to everyone!

8 minutes ago, giulssd said:

Guys, I received another message from the same woman who answered me that there were no interviews: she thought I applied for a Research programmeĀ ?. She said quite clearly that there is no chance at all to get the scholarship without an interview... now I can wait quietly for my rejection letterĀ ? good luck to everyone!

Man, that's a brutal messup... But at least now you have closure.. Sending hugs!

14 minutes ago, Ufora said:

Man, that's a brutal messup... But at least now you have closure.. Sending hugs!

Thank youĀ ā˜ŗļøĀ this forum helped me a lot, I felt less alone in this endless adventure ahaha I cross fingers for you guys, hope that everything will work just fine!

Edited by giulssd

2 hours ago, Zhama said:

I think its not bad to message the DAAD Portal about the status of your application. I asked them 1 week ago and my status change after I messagedĀ them. when will be your program will start?

2 minutes ago, Ryanpinoy said:

I think its not bad to message the DAAD Portal about the status of your application. I asked them 1 week ago and my status change after I messagedĀ them. when will be your program will start?

Oh wow. In October. Thank you! I will write them today then

2 minutes ago, Zhama said:

Oh wow. In October. Thank you! I will write them today then

You still have time, don't think too much about it yet. mine will be on August. less than two months now. that's why Im worried. lol I don't know what will be my plan next if im going to resign work or what hahaha lets hope for the Best!

32 minutes ago, Ryanpinoy said:

You still have time, don't think too much about it yet. mine will be on August. less than two months now. that's why Im worried. lol I don't know what will be my plan next if im going to resign work or what hahaha lets hope for the Best!

Same with me. I am also thinking about my job since I need to inform them beforehand to prepare special documents for resignation and it takes time. Btw, to which status they changed yours?

5 hours ago, giulssd said:

You appliedĀ for the Master's program right? Too bad ?Ā But yes it seems that they are only interviewing the prospective Master's students (at least from what they told me from the Italian office)

3 hours ago, Valyti said:

You appliedĀ for the Master's program right? Too bad ?Ā But yes it seems that they are only interviewing the prospective Master's students (at least from what they told me from the Italian office)

Yes, the Master's programme... It would haveĀ been better if they had sent the rejection letterĀ toĀ those who had not an interview directly on April. This waiting was nonsenseĀ ?

Just in!!

Finally I got my rejection letter!! Feeling so relieved now!Ā 

BUT! I don't really want to spread negativity, but that was so disrespectful from DAAD's side! So much incompetence even with all this pandemic situation going on! I mean, is it so difficult to write ONE SINGLE template message and send it out to all those rejected applicants? I can't understand..

I must confess, I had still been hoping for good news until April. Then it became so obvious that I am not gettingĀ it and started to move on. But maybe, deep inside,Ā I am stillĀ being disappointed because of rejection. Might be true ahah. But I am so relieved now because the wait is finally over!Ā 

Anyways, I wish good luck to those still waiting.Ā 

P.S: I applied from Italy

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 23.26.24.png

8 hours ago, axe12 said:

Just in!!

Finally I got my rejection letter!! Feeling so relieved now!Ā 

BUT! I don't really want to spread negativity, but that was so disrespectful from DAAD's side! So much incompetence even with all this pandemic situation going on! I mean, is it so difficult to write ONE SINGLE template message and send it out to all those rejected applicants? I can't understand..

I must confess, I had still been hoping for good news until April. Then it became so obvious that I am not gettingĀ it and started to move on. But maybe, deep inside,Ā I am stillĀ being disappointed because of rejection. Might be true ahah. But I am so relieved now because the wait is finally over!Ā 

Anyways, I wish good luck to those still waiting.Ā 

P.S: I applied from Italy

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 23.26.24.png

I also just got mine! This was a real nightmare! I hated every moment of these 7 months hahaha but not it's done! Let's forget about it and move on, I'll have to eat bread and potatoes for the next to years to be able to study in Germany without this scholarship ?

@axe12Ā @MartacappĀ I think it's completely normal to be disappointed! In this type of situation you always kind of cling to the bit of hope you have left.. Thank you for keeping us updated and I hope you both can move on from this nerve-racking ordeal! Meanwhile, halfway through the week already and my status is still "paper copies received".. If I don't get a rejection or acceptance this week I... don't know what I'm gonna do?

39 minutes ago, Ryanpinoy said:

my status went blank now. im nervous

Ā 

Exciting!! I've seen a lot of people's status gone blank and then to funding but wouldn't want to give you false hope or anything.. I hope the results come soon! They really should!

1 hour ago, Ufora said:

@axe12Ā @MartacappĀ I think it's completely normal to be disappointed! In this type of situation you always kind of cling to the bit of hope you have left.. Thank you for keeping us updated and I hope you both can move on from this nerve-racking ordeal! Meanwhile, halfway through the week already and my status is still "paper copies received".. If I don't get a rejection or acceptance this week I... don't know what I'm gonna do?

I feel yaaaaĀ ?

1 hour ago, Ufora said:

Exciting!! I've seen a lot of people's status gone blank and then to funding but wouldn't want to give you false hope or anything.. I hope the results come soon! They really should!

Thank you Man! I just saw in my Portal from Blank to Funding. is this for real? I mean the last status we are waiting for? huhuhu thank you everyone.Ā