2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

54 minutes ago, bulldogs said:

Has anyone in Inorganic heard back from Yale? (Other than those who heard in December)  I'm still waiting on Yale, Northwestern and UChicago...

Try checking Yale's portal! I just saw my update and somebody also posted in the results section! Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Chembioapplicant_2021_ said:

Try checking Yale's portal! I just saw my update and somebody also posted in the results section! Good luck!

Just received the email! I was not accepted :(  But best of luck to everyone else!!

1 hour ago, bulldogs said:

Just received the email! I was not accepted :(  But best of luck to everyone else!!

Same. I genuinely don't understand. 1 solo pub, 1 first-author pub, and a couple of publications in preparation. Perhaps my GRE (331) or my TOEFL speaking section score was a bit low. I've explained it in my SOP, but maybe, I shouldn't have done it. Or maybe, it's something else entirely. I wish they at least told me the reasons for rejection...

1 hour ago, bigredtootasty said:

Has anyone who applied to MIT for inorganic chemistry heard back yet? I haven't heard yet, but I can only assume their silence to be a denial. To all others waiting for other schools, best of luck!

I applied to chem bio but I wouldn't be so sure yet! Seems like they are really sporadically giving out both acceptances and rejections. Good luck!

On 2/4/2021 at 11:58 AM, chembioapplicant_int said:

anyone heard from scripps? 

I've been in the same boat, did the informal interview and haven't heard anything back since. I almost want to email and ask when we should expect anything by but I haven't been hopeful seeing others get the interview weekend invites already :(

8 hours ago, PlantWitch said:

Do you think there's a chance MIT is still gonna send pchem acceptances? I've seen a few so far, but the acceptances today after all the rejections yesterday are tripping me up on where they are with everything

I was accepted yesterday via zoom. Faculty told me that they are still in the process of admitting students. From what I've heard, this applies to all chemistry divisions (not to pchem exclusively). Admissions are kind of late this year, anyways. I know that this is not really helping with your nervousness and anxiety levels. Still, this hopefully gives you a broad understanding that things are not yet carved in stone. Stay positive and good luck to everyone who applied! 

19 hours ago, chemine said:

I've been in the same boat, did the informal interview and haven't heard anything back since. I almost want to email and ask when we should expect anything by but I haven't been hopeful seeing others get the interview weekend invites already :(

I emailed and was told they haven't gotten back to Sharron yet. 

Just now, Chembioapplicant_2021_ said:

Anyone heard anything from MIT? 

No, but it seems like they extended a "vast majority" of offers last week (based on someone's comment on the results page) :( 

Just now, Chembioapplicant_2021_ said:

Ah dang! Idk, I didn't see a single biological chem offer, so maybe not for all divisions? No one (in the dept.) seems to know what's going on...smh

Did you contact anyone from the department?