MEd COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (OISE, UofT)

Toughcook1e

guys I am feeling so low about this - I can handle a rejection, but this waiting game is insane, I feel like I'm going crazy. And it seems unfair that basically no one heard back in March especially since their application fee is so crazy high. Not to be salty but it's just really upsetting that we can't get a straight answer from anyone- emails are generic and NO ONE is picking up the phone 

I think it's best to go about our lives as if we got a rejection. It's not as if most of our best decisions will change much for the next few months, regardless of their response. Let's be gentle with ourselves and remember that our lives have values and joys regardless of our position or lack thereof in the OISE APHD MEd OT GPP DD OO LAGKASJGAA program. xoxo ❤️

Can't add any more reactions (lol) but I'm here with you all and experiencing similar frustrations, confusions, and disappointments.❤️  I feel like that fact that my life overall is super sucky rn isn't helping this waiting game either. I'd really love to get into this program (even tho UofT is super sus to me now) so I have something meaningful to do in the next two years; somewhere I can lie my focus as life passes by. But it's probably not happening and I'm feeling more lost than ever.  

This sucks for me and for all of you and I'd like to give you all a collective virtual hug. It will be over soon and then we'll know how to continue. ? 

Thanks for being a cool supportive network throughout this process. ?

Finally got my rejection from McGill when they were actually supposed to get back to us by mid April. Crazy that UofT is taking THIS long considering the application fees were the highest and they’ve repeatedly set the expectation that we’ll hear back by March. Uoft was my dream as well but seeing the way their management works, it’s put me off the whole school ? I’m really considering just accepting my other offer as the deadline is April 9th but I’m gonna try waiting a few more days. good luck to everyone!!! Don’t forget, self care right now is extremely important 

Hi everyone! I just spoke to someone at OISE about when to expect a decision and she said they have been super delayed due to covid and the volume of applicants this year but we should hopefully hear "sometime in April". Definitely not the answer I was hoping for (I'm not looking forward to another month of waiting) but there's not really much else to do except cross our fingers and hope we all hear back soon.

1 minute ago, ccari said:

Hi everyone! I just spoke to someone at OISE about when to expect a decision and she said they have been super delayed due to covid and the volume of applicants this year but we should hopefully hear "sometime in April". Definitely not the answer I was hoping for (I'm not looking forward to another month of waiting) but there's not really much else to do except cross our fingers and hope we all hear back soon.

WOW, thank you for providing this update. It really seems like they're swamped, I guess. And it also sounds like there may be some acceptances still coming. What a wiiiiiild time, yall! 

8 minutes ago, coffee21 said:

Just curious - is everyone's application still "under review"? Do you think that means they haven't reached a decision yet/haven't looked at it, or have they just not updated the application to decision made? 

Mine has said under review since November. I feel like maybe they haven't look at it yet? Someone mentioned the last names theory (Going alphabetical order) on here and mine starts with "S" so maybe that's how they're viewing them. 

Just now, BobbiQueen said:

Mine has said under review since November. I feel like maybe they haven't look at it yet? Someone mentioned the last names theory (Going alphabetical order) on here and mine starts with "S" so maybe that's how they're viewing them. 

Same with mine and mine starts with V. Although something tells me there is no system to the madness... lol

6 minutes ago, BobbiQueen said:

Mine starts with a K and it’s said under review since I submitted the application in November! Agreed that there’s probably no organized system rn ?

quick question, for people who have access to acorn, did your status changed to invite on the day you received the unofficial acceptance email or a day before? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, ccari said:

Hey!! Thanks for the update! Did you ask specifically about the MEd counselling and psychotherapy program? Not the answer I wanted either but maybe this will help me from stop checking so often haha I am still waiting on the MSW program at UofT too. 

8 hours ago, MSW2020lm said:

Hey!! Thanks for the update! Did you ask specifically about the MEd counselling and psychotherapy program? Not the answer I wanted either but maybe this will help me from stop checking so often haha I am still waiting on the MSW program at UofT too. 

I specifically asked about counselling and psychotherapy. 

Hi everyone, I hope everyone could get some rest this weekend. I emailed OISE today about the counselling and psychotherapy program and this was there response. 

"Thanks for your inquiry.  The OISE registrar’s office is currently processing application responses. With the current volume, I’m told applicants should expect an official email response around mid-April."

42 minutes ago, MSW2020lm said:

Hi everyone, I hope everyone could get some rest this weekend. I emailed OISE today about the counselling and psychotherapy program and this was there response. 

"Thanks for your inquiry.  The OISE registrar’s office is currently processing application responses. With the current volume, I’m told applicants should expect an official email response around mid-April."

Thanks for the update! Goodluck to everyone this week and next!