MEd COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (OISE, UofT)

Toughcook1e

3 hours ago, Toronto92 said:

@Char-o-latte@LiveLovePsych @Psychlover913 Do any of you mind sharing when you applied for the program and the date you got your response? I'm wondering if this could be some sort of indication as to how much longer it'll take to get a response lol ?

I actually applied right when they opened up applications and submitted everything by mid November 

8 hours ago, Toronto92 said:

@Char-o-latte@LiveLovePsych @Psychlover913 Do any of you mind sharing when you applied for the program and the date you got your response? I'm wondering if this could be some sort of indication as to how much longer it'll take to get a response lol ?

I'm so sorry you haven't heard anything yet. So frustrating.  ☹

I sent in my application in early November!

13 hours ago, Toronto92 said:

I applied November 7th and the date on the letter was May 13th...I received the email on the 14th. 

On 5/13/2021 at 8:58 AM, ashleyym said:

I haven't either. However, I have it in my mind that is a matter of time before receiving the rejection. I honestly forgot I applied to this program- I heard back from my other applications and will be getting my MSW this September!

I haven't either...?

19 minutes ago, ashleyym said:

As expected- I received my rejection this afternoon. Last name starts with M. 

I am ok with that decision because I am going the MSW route instead- Good luck to everyone :)

Thank you for writing here about the response you received?

Congratulations on getting into the MSW program! ? Good luck!

Finally received my official rejection (last name starts with an A) about half an hour ago. Can’t believe it took them over 6 months to get back to us!

Congrats to those who got in, and good luck to everyone else with your plans for this year :) 

Hey everyone,

Just got my official rejection letter at 9:19 am today.  It's a bit upsetting, but also a huge relief that I can just focus on work and enjoying the summer.

My last name starts with a P.

To be honest, I don't think there's a correlation between the last names lol.

Good luck to everyone awaiting decisions ?

Cheers!

3 hours ago, BobbiQueen said:

Last name starts with S and haven't got an official rejection yet. Ugh. 

Got my official rejection as well. What a ride. Good luck to all of you. :)

Update for those on the wait list! I reached out to Todd inquiring about the probability of being offered a spot while on the waitlist. He responded with the following:

At this time, I’d say it is unlikely that an offer of admission will be forthcoming.  The MEd program has met quota now, and although it is possible that a confirmed admit may later decide not to come, it is not something that we anticipate.

While the OISE registrar’s office does not send a final communication closing your admission file, I’d recommend that it is now prudent to pursue other plans or offers available to you.

• 5 months later...

Was there an interview process for the MEd counselling psyc program, and if so, can you provide some examples of questions they asked?  Thanks

I'm applying for fall 2022 and just submitted my application