OISE Master of Teaching 2021 UofT

fxyz_

Applied for J/I with French as my teachable - still under review. They take time - one of my profs told me that some of her students got replies in the summer last year - she's unfortunately telling the truth if you take a look at last year's forum...

19 minutes ago, Sansa101 said:

Hi! have you already taken the French proficiency test or are you waiting to hear if you've been accepted first? 

I also have FSL as one my teachables. According to this link, only those who are either "Primary/Junior Teacher candidates studying in the Master of Teaching or Master of Arts, Child Study and Education who intend to take the FSL Part 1 Additional Qualification" or "conditionally accepted Master of Teaching candidates with French as a Second Language teaching subject (i.e. your offer of admission is conditional upon satisfactory completion of the OISE Proficiency Test in French)" can take the test. I don't think you can take the test before you get an offer. 

3 hours ago, canada2021 said:

I also have FSL as one my teachables. According to this link, only those who are either "Primary/Junior Teacher candidates studying in the Master of Teaching or Master of Arts, Child Study and Education who intend to take the FSL Part 1 Additional Qualification" or "conditionally accepted Master of Teaching candidates with French as a Second Language teaching subject (i.e. your offer of admission is conditional upon satisfactory completion of the OISE Proficiency Test in French)" can take the test. I don't think you can take the test before you get an offer. 

•  

A friend of mine took hers and passed the summer before she applied for the program. She got accepted the following year. I think as long as you have a UofT student number you can take it.

Edited by Sansa101

FINALLY just got accepted last night as well, applied for J/I science general and P/J and got in both! but I'm gonna take up another offer somewhere else unfortunately so someone else can take my spot! :) Good Luck to everyone still waiting! (I applied on Nov 16 btw)

1 hour ago, bunnyyy142 said:

My offer letters indicated I got accepted on Feb 10, 2021 at the top right corner so my guess is they are just busy uploading letters right now but you all probably already got accepted 2 months ago :) 

where did you get your offer letter? I just received the email.

Just now, TReenium said:

where did you get your offer letter? I just received the email.

I got the email at around 8:30 pm last night but I got a notification that a decision has been made to my SGS account this morning and thats where I saw both of my letters! :) 

On 4/23/2021 at 10:14 AM, costalavida said:

Hi everyone,

Rejected for P/J with 3.8gpa and 3000hrs experience. Would it be worth it to email them and ask for the reasons of the rejection? I just don't want a general response and would like to know how to improve my application for the future.

I would email them, their applications are still open for the program. You seem like an excellent candidate. If I were in your shoes I would want some answers. It doesn't hurt to email them. 

On 4/23/2021 at 10:14 AM, costalavida said:

Hi everyone,

Rejected for P/J with 3.8gpa and 3000hrs experience. Would it be worth it to email them and ask for the reasons of the rejection? I just don't want a general response and would like to know how to improve my application for the future.

Was in the same boat last year. They refuse to provide any feedback regarding their decision making process. :(