OISE Master of Teaching 2021 UofT

fxyz_

2 hours ago, megs444 said:

I just received my email!!! I was waitlisted for P/J. Honestly just so happy to finally know ? 

Me too I just recieved being waitlisted on both p/J and J/I. I'm honestly happy I know although technically I'm still waiting. 

3 hours ago, K93 said:

Me too I just recieved being waitlisted on both p/J and J/I. I'm honestly happy I know although technically I'm still waiting. 

That's awesome! Hahaha yeah let the waiting continue ? at least we know we have a chance now! ?? 

On 5/17/2021 at 7:02 PM, AB12 said:

Has anyone been taken off the waitlist for I/S? I see that their application is still open for I/S. 

They will be closing application for I/S on May 31st. 

Waitlisted for all three streams this morning (9:26 AM, May 27). 

Have people been refused or have they only given out offers and waitlists so far?.. Trying to figure out if there is any hope in being on the waitlist. 

Waitlisted for PJ and JI for the second year even after getting tons more experience and taking another course I did very well in to bump my grades. I hope maybe I'll hear back this year. Never heard back last year. I accepted my York offer, but now the potential of strike at York has me panicked.

I wish I could ask what keeps me from getting accepted. But their policy is not to reveal their deliberations to any applicants.

Edited by milkyb00

9 hours ago, milkyb00 said:

Waitlisted for PJ and JI for the second year even after getting tons more experience and taking another course I did very well in to bump my grades. I hope maybe I'll hear back this year. Never heard back last year. I accepted my York offer, but now the potential of strike at York has me panicked.

I wish I could ask what keeps me from getting accepted. But their policy is not to reveal their deliberations to any applicants.

I also decided to accept my offer at York as opposed to attending OISE BUT I hadn't heard there was a potential strike happening at York? Where did you hear that/is there any additional information you have on that?  

12 minutes ago, nik1999 said:

I also decided to accept my offer at York as opposed to attending OISE BUT I hadn't heard there was a potential strike happening at York? Where did you hear that/is there any additional information you have on that?  

"Members Approve Provisional Strike Timeline

POSTED ON MAY 20, 2021 BY COMMS OFFICER

At our SGMM yesterday (May 19th), the membership grappled with the Employer’s continued reluctance to bargain in good faith on our proposals. The collective agreements for CUPE 3903 Units 1, 2, and 3 expired on August 31, 2020. Since then we have collected data, and on December 9th, presented the Employer a concise package of proposals. Our proposals aim to affirm job security for contract faculty, and promote employment equity, which aligns with York’s publicly stated commitment to ensure equity, diversity and inclusion. Despite the Union’s expressed desire and efforts to address these issues concretely and expeditiously in the context of the pandemic, the Employer has engaged with our proposals minimally.

Given how protracted movement has been at the bargaining table, the membership has approved a provisional strike timeline in order to consider the next steps in the bargaining process, and has restated their support for the Bargaining Team; they urge the Employer to bargain seriously."

Nothing for sure, but given how many times York has had strike issues in the last 20 years... this is not making me feel more confident in pursuing studies there. 

15 minutes ago, milkyb00 said:

"Members Approve Provisional Strike Timeline

POSTED ON MAY 20, 2021 BY COMMS OFFICER

At our SGMM yesterday (May 19th), the membership grappled with the Employer’s continued reluctance to bargain in good faith on our proposals. The collective agreements for CUPE 3903 Units 1, 2, and 3 expired on August 31, 2020. Since then we have collected data, and on December 9th, presented the Employer a concise package of proposals. Our proposals aim to affirm job security for contract faculty, and promote employment equity, which aligns with York’s publicly stated commitment to ensure equity, diversity and inclusion. Despite the Union’s expressed desire and efforts to address these issues concretely and expeditiously in the context of the pandemic, the Employer has engaged with our proposals minimally.

Given how protracted movement has been at the bargaining table, the membership has approved a provisional strike timeline in order to consider the next steps in the bargaining process, and has restated their support for the Bargaining Team; they urge the Employer to bargain seriously."

Nothing for sure, but given how many times York has had strike issues in the last 20 years... this is not making me feel more confident in pursuing studies there. 

Thanks for sharing this info! I just did some additional research and found this link: https://www.excal.on.ca/news/2021/01/12/collective-bargaining-between-york-and-cupe-3903-continues-into-the-new-year/ .  It highlights that the current conflict is concerning TA's and graduate assistants SO I feel like it would most likely not affect the teaching program (probably just undergrad). 

13 hours ago, nik1999 said:

Thanks for sharing this info! I just did some additional research and found this link: https://www.excal.on.ca/news/2021/01/12/collective-bargaining-between-york-and-cupe-3903-continues-into-the-new-year/ .  It highlights that the current conflict is concerning TA's and graduate assistants SO I feel like it would most likely not affect the teaching program (probably just undergrad). 

Good to know!!! That's a little comforting. Still York makes me nervous with their history lol

Applied in early April and accepted to P/J yesterday afternoon. Rejected from J/I and I/S. I believe majoring in Psychology and not meeting the course prerequisites for the second teachable is why I was not approved for J/I and I/S, respectively.

Ryerson GPA Scale:

CGPA: 3.88/4.33

L2: 4.03/4.33

Final year: 4.20/4.33 

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! Hope you all hear some good news. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just got waitlisted for I/S last week (teachables in business and social science general)

my average was about an 81% in my 4th year of undergrad and I have decent experience. Does anyone know how likely it is that I’ll get off the waitlist?

• 3 months later...

I've heard about this skill, but I haven't found any common ground that could help me. I am sure there are many interesting and valuable articles on the subject, but for me, the highest level of education is a tutor from 私人補習. I tried their system and realized that it is really very reasonable and logically meaningful. I haven't had anything like it since I graduated from university. That doesn't mean that my children can be exempted from learning, so I've turned to these tutors on a particular assignment. I am confident of a positive outcome.

Edited by ZabrusT