OISE Master of Teaching 2021 UofT

fxyz_

27 minutes ago, polarbear1235 said:

It seems like SO many people are still waiting on hearing back? 

Right? I applied December 1st and I'm not even anticipating to hear back from them anytime soon?. Especially that many students applied before me didn't hear from them yet.?

Interesting - on the OISE website the P/J and I/S streams are still open for application with no set closing date, and the J/I division has a deadline of April 30 (tomorrow).... https://www.oise.utoronto.ca/orss/Admissions/Deadlines_and_Closing_Dates.html

Can't believe they're still accepting applications. I guess when the application fee is $225 they want as many people to apply as possible.

Edited by polarbear1235

1 hour ago, polarbear1235 said:

Interesting - on the OISE website the P/J and I/S streams are still open for application with no set closing date, and the J/I division has a deadline of April 30 (tomorrow).... https://www.oise.utoronto.ca/orss/Admissions/Deadlines_and_Closing_Dates.html

Can't believe they're still accepting applications. I guess when the application fee is $225 they want as many people to apply as possible.

That's really interesting that J/I is closing tomorrow but the others are still open. So random.

Also good point about the app fee. Sigh, that's really frustrating. 

14 hours ago, polarbear1235 said:

It seems like SO many people are still waiting on hearing back? 

I just checked and the applications are still open! The only one closing in April 30th is the J/I division... idk why they are all open if they haven’t even replied to sooo many people!

2 hours ago, rabbitybabbity said:

Week of May 3rd - has anyone heard back?

Nope, Still under review. My first choice is I/S, second choice is J/I. I would just like to know at this point so I can move on. I applied Nov 16th for I/S, teachables history and social science. 

2 hours ago, rabbitybabbity said:

Recieved my notice this morning (8:47 a.m. May 6). Was waitlisted for both streams. Good luck everyone else! 

Ahh okay! I hope mine comes in soon... That's better than a rejection, so that's great, I hope you'll get in off the waitlist!! ☺️ 

I got waitlisted to all the categories (received an email on May 5th to check the SGS website)... guys please if you got an acceptance but won't be attending please inform them. I'm going to have to hand in my resignation at work since I cannot renew for another academic year unless I commit to staying for the full year. (I teach in a school abroad). Hoping I get off the waiting list soon! This has honestly been so emotionally draining. Hoping for the best for all of us. 

17 hours ago, a2021 said:

I got waitlisted to all the categories (received an email on May 5th to check the SGS website)... guys please if you got an acceptance but won't be attending please inform them. I'm going to have to hand in my resignation at work since I cannot renew for another academic year unless I commit to staying for the full year. (I teach in a school abroad). Hoping I get off the waiting list soon! This has honestly been so emotionally draining. Hoping for the best for all of us. 

I just got waitlisted and I wonder if we are considered before new applicants who are applying now if people say no. But I agree with you please if you are 100% not going to do it let them know! 

Hello everyone! I just got accepted for p/j and j/I. I'm honestly torn as to which one to choose, I like all the grades under this division. If anyone has any advice or info to share that can help me make a choice, pls do! I'd like to choose asap.

11 hours ago, Hellojaniceee said:

Hello everyone! I just got accepted for p/j and j/I. I'm honestly torn as to which one to choose, I like all the grades under this division. If anyone has any advice or info to share that can help me make a choice, pls do! I'd like to choose asap.

Hey! I’d decide based off of how much I value the teachable I chose if that makes sense. Like would you rather teach everything or teach the one teachable that you chose? No matter what you chose it will be good! I’m happy for you!

10 hours ago, elmatador said:

Got waitlisted today for J/I! Not holding my breath but we shall see...

2 hours ago, Liniax said:

Hey! I’d decide based off of how much I value the teachable I chose if that makes sense. Like would you rather teach everything or teach the one teachable that you chose? No matter what you chose it will be good! I’m happy for you!

I agree with this, I would also add that it is most likely easier to teach P/J if you did J/I than it would to teach J/I if you go for P/J! But that's just an assumption so I could be wrong! 

1 hour ago, megs444 said:

I agree with this, I would also add that it is most likely easier to teach P/J if you did J/I than it would to teach J/I if you go for P/J! But that's just an assumption so I could be wrong! 

I think p/I is harder tbh because kindergarten is tough and like j/I the kids are older and somewhat know how to act in my opinion at least.

11 minutes ago, Liniax said:

I think p/I is harder tbh because kindergarten is tough and like j/I the kids are older and somewhat know how to act in my opinion at least.

Yes, sorry my last message was a bit unclear. I don't mean easier to teach but easier to get a teaching job in PJ if you've done JI rather than doing PJ and then wanting to teach at the JI level. Because for PJ you don't have any teachables, so doing JI and getting the teachable qualifications out of the way while doing the Masters is easier than doing PJ and then having to do teachable qualifications later on. 

Has anyone who applied for I/S by Nov 16th still waiting? My application is still under review. I am starting to worry if they misplaced my application or something. If you did get accepted or waitlist for I/S do you mind sharing your GPA and teachables? Thanks really appreciate it. 

7 minutes ago, AB12 said:

Has anyone who applied for I/S by Nov 16th still waiting? My application is still under review. I am starting to worry if they misplaced my application or something. If you did get accepted or waitlist for I/S do you mind sharing your GPA and teachables? Thanks really appreciate it. 

I didn't apply for I/S but I am still under review for PJ! I was wondering the same thing.. it really seems we are some of the last ones to get an answer... and I applied on November 15th ?

Edited by megs444

31 minutes ago, megs444 said:

Yes, sorry my last message was a bit unclear. I don't mean easier to teach but easier to get a teaching job in PJ if you've done JI rather than doing PJ and then wanting to teach at the JI level. Because for PJ you don't have any teachables, so doing JI and getting the teachable qualifications out of the way while doing the Masters is easier than doing PJ and then having to do teachable qualifications later on. 

Oh yes I agree!

1 hour ago, AB12 said:

I got waitlisted this past week for I/S and applied mid-March. Teachables are English and Instrumental Music (have a BMus, BA Hons in English, and MA in English - the last from U of T). Masters GPA was 3.83. 

Weird that you haven't heard back yet.

8 hours ago, AB12 said:

I didn’t apply to I/S, I applied for P/J and I/J on nov 15 and still didn’t hear back meanwhile others applied a couple months ago and already heard back... this is really weird