OISE Master of Teaching 2021 UofT

fxyz_

Hi everyone!

I'm in the same boat as many of you. I completed and submitted my application about a week before the November 16th deadline in the hopes I would receive my decision by early March. It doesn't seem fair or sensical that people who applied after the deadline already received their decision but I suppose the timeline of 3-6 weeks after application submission is a loophole.

Has anyone heard back recently?

Does anyone know if decisions are released on weekends?

I am beginning to get extremely anxious - even my sleep is being affected! I just want to know at this point.

Thank you to everyone who has been sharing their GPAs and number of hours. 

Good luck to everyone :)

Edited by sumsamarrr

3 hours ago, sumsamarrr said:

Hi everyone!

I'm in the same boat as many of you. I completed and submitted my application about a week before the November 16th deadline in the hopes I would receive my decision by early March. It doesn't seem fair or sensical that people who applied after the deadline already received their decision but I suppose the timeline of 3-6 weeks after application submission is a loophole.

I am beginning to get extremely anxious - even my sleep is being affected! I just want to know at this point.

I'm currently waiting for a decision as well since I submitted my application before Nov 16th. My status is still Under Review and so far all I see are 2 deposit's on my acorn account with J/I as "invited" and P/J as "financially cancelled".. It's nearly mid- march and I'm starting to lose hope :(( I don't think they release decisions on weekends but only from Mon-Friday. 

Applied for J/I before Nov. 16th and I'm still waiting. Meanwhile, I received acceptances from two other faculties and I'm waiting for another. I've been told I can expect to hear from that last faculty within another week or so. Meanwhile, OISE reserves the right to send acceptances through August and in rare cases, up to 2 weeks into the start of the semester (yes, you read that right! Just browse through previous threads in this forum). I understand that they get the most applications, but they also charge the highest application fee, have the tightest application deadline (Nov. 16th is the soonest out of all B.Ed. programs) and give themselves the longest window to send application results. I echo the sentiments of other students in previous years who voiced their discontentment with regards to the lack of communication and consideration at U of T (OISE). I guess OISE and U of T know that they are, in general, the most coveted program/faculty in Canada and perhaps even internationally, and they ultimately see it as a huge honor/favor to potentially grant us a chance to study there. I spoke to a professor last week who informed me that some of her students have gotten offers in summer in the past. So don't lose hope people - but be prepared to wait, even though OISE claims most decisions will be posted in March & April. Like other students before me, I might reject them at this point if accepted, even if they are my first choice. It's just not a good feeling when other faculties have naturally started asking us to accept (with a non-refundable deposit) or reject their offer and OISE, of course, doesn't care to give that a thought. Other Universities have had a very personable approach, truly showing that they'd be delighted to have me as a student. I'm just a number at U of T, as I was during my undergrad there - we all are, I suppose.

1 hour ago, bunnyyy142 said:

I'm currently waiting for a decision as well since I submitted my application before Nov 16th. My status is still Under Review and so far all I see are 2 deposit's on my acorn account with J/I as "invited" and P/J as "financially cancelled".. It's nearly mid- march and I'm starting to lose hope :(( I don't think they release decisions on weekends but only from Mon-Friday. 

Oh boy. I don't have an Acorn so I don't have financial or deposit information. 

15 minutes ago, elmatador said:

Applied for J/I before Nov. 16th and I'm still waiting. Meanwhile, I received acceptances from two other faculties and I'm waiting for another. I've been told I can expect to hear from that last faculty within another week or so. Meanwhile, OISE reserves the right to send acceptances through August and in rare cases, up to 2 weeks into the start of the semester (yes, you read that right! Just browse through previous threads in this forum). I understand that they get the most applications, but they also charge the highest application fee, have the tightest application deadline (Nov. 16th is the soonest out of all B.Ed. programs) and give themselves the longest window to send application results. I echo the sentiments of other students in previous years who voiced their discontentment with regards to the lack of communication and consideration at U of T (OISE). I guess OISE and U of T know that they are, in general, the most coveted program/faculty in Canada and perhaps even internationally, and they ultimately see it as a huge honor/favor to potentially grant us a chance to study there. I spoke to a professor last week who informed me that some of her students have gotten offers in summer in the past. So don't lose hope people - but be prepared to wait, even though OISE claims most decisions will be posted in March & April. Like other students before me, I might reject them at this point if accepted, even if they are my first choice. It's just not a good feeling when other faculties have naturally started asking us to accept (with a non-refundable deposit) or reject their offer and OISE, of course, doesn't care to give that a thought. Other Universities have had a very personable approach, truly showing that they'd be delighted to have me as a student. I'm just a number at U of T, as I was during my undergrad there - we all are, I suppose.

Thank you for sharing all of that valuable information. The messaging on the website is deliberately vague. At first, I thought we would definitely hear back by early March but when I looked again, I saw it said it could go past May. I would hate to be in a position of paying the deposit for another school, finding housing, and THEN find out I was indeed accepted.

Hopefully we will all find out soon so we can avoid that situation.

Hi all, 

I know a lot of people accept multiple offers while they decide which school they want to go to ... on my acceptance letter for MT at OISE the admission deposit was not due until June 1st. So I think there is a strong possibility that people will be accepted following that date, as some people may decide to go with another school instead. 

I hope you guys hear back soon, and good luck! 

On 3/12/2021 at 12:35 PM, sumsamarrr said:

Hi everyone!

This past week would have been the deadline for first group of applicants who were accepted, which could yield some good news. Judging by the forum it seems like Mondays and Fridays are popular days for the acceptance emails to be sent out but I could be wrong.

I had a 78% average during my undergrad and 81% during my last two years. My EC's were decent but nothing spectacular: varsity athlete and some involvement with the school paper. I think what really helped was my experience profile because my summer job is mostly teaching junior golf camps which put me at about 3,500 hours and I was involved in minor hockey each year which gave me another 1,000. 

I hope this helps, and that you get some good news soon!!

13 hours ago, Vince.F said:

This past week would have been the deadline for first group of applicants who were accepted, which could yield some good news. Judging by the forum it seems like Mondays and Fridays are popular days for the acceptance emails to be sent out but I could be wrong.

I had a 78% average during my undergrad and 81% during my last two years. My EC's were decent but nothing spectacular: varsity athlete and some involvement with the school paper. I think what really helped was my experience profile because my summer job is mostly teaching junior golf camps which put me at about 3,500 hours and I was involved in minor hockey each year which gave me another 1,000. 

I hope this helps, and that you get some good news soon!!

Thank you very much! I hope so too!

I am wondering if, at this point, all of the applications have indeed been reviewed and put into groups of hierarchy and admissions will be sent out until all of the spots are filled based? I am not sure if anyone could speak to that. I was under the impression that admissions would be based, in part, on the applications received for the given year.

I emailed Admissions to ask and they suggested reaching out to the department directly. mtinfo@utoronto.ca, thats the email incase anyone needs it. 

I'm not sure if I'm going to email them, because I hate bugging people lol but, yeah, just incase anyone wants to. I'm not sure how much it would help anyways.