OISE Master of Teaching 2021 UofT

fxyz_

On 3/25/2021 at 1:44 PM, goodnightburrito said:

I emailed Admissions to ask and they suggested reaching out to the department directly. mtinfo@utoronto.ca, thats the email incase anyone needs it. 

I'm not sure if I'm going to email them, because I hate bugging people lol but, yeah, just incase anyone wants to. I'm not sure how much it would help anyways. 

I did email them when can I hear back about the results and nothing new, just the same automatic answer as their website. 

Does anyone know if they tell you whether you got rejected from the program or not? I didn't hear anything yet and I just feel like at this point they don't let people know whether they got rejected, they just don't let them know anything. 

14 hours ago, futureed20 said:

Does anyone know if they tell you whether you got rejected from the program or not? I didn't hear anything yet and I just feel like at this point they don't let people know whether they got rejected, they just don't let them know anything. 

I'm sure they will tell you if you are rejected. Currently a lot of people's (including mine) applications are "under review" meaning that they have not reached a decision yet. so frustrating!! Let's hope we hear back soon

14 hours ago, futureed20 said:

It definitely feels that way since we've been waiting for so long now!! But I did get a rejection notice/letter from my third choice, so i'm assuming we will get a rejection letter if we are not admitted/wait listed for the MT program... let's hope the decisions come in by end of this week!! 

I caved and emailed the department and like someone else said, just got a copy and pasted message, (poorly copied I might add, since the first letter was missing from the message lol) and it was just a blatant lie, since it said that those who applied before/on nov 16th would hear back in march, and here we are, March 31st lol

They did said they continue to send things out in April, so we can only hope that they will finish up in the first bit of April and not drag it on. I'm just starting to get disheartened and kind of operating on the assumption that I'm not getting in, but I'd just like to be rejected if they're going to reject me.  

19 hours ago, futureed20 said:

I think someone in this forum said that they had been rejected. 

My friend applied during the same time as I. November 16th and on March 1st she got a rejection email from them however I am still under review. I don't understand why the program is still open for applications when they have so many people waiting to be contacted. Just tell me if I got rejected or not. 

6 minutes ago, AB12 said:

My friend applied during the same time as I. November 16th and on March 1st she got a rejection email from them however I am still under review. I don't understand why the program is still open for applications when they have so many people waiting to be contacted. Just tell me if I got rejected or not. 

Honestly, this is getting so frustrating!

41 minutes ago, polarbear1235 said:

Nope.... I'm really hoping we'll hear back by at latest the end of next week

Me too. I've got my fingers crossed, and I keep refreshing the page and my email. I wish that emailing the department/admissions got more than a copy and pasted response. Just confirmation that they are actually looking at my application and its not just collecting dust or something. 

I haven't heard anything as well. I really hope they get back to us soon. I am doing my undergrad at Uoft and would like to continue my studies here. I checked this morning and OISE is still accepting applications for the program. If anyone who is still waiting is comfortable sharing what their GPA was and their volunteer experiences I would greatly appreciate it. Also which school they are applying from.  

41 minutes ago, AB12 said:

I haven't heard anything as well. I really hope they get back to us soon. I am doing my undergrad at Uoft and would like to continue my studies here. I checked this morning and OISE is still accepting applications for the program. If anyone who is still waiting is comfortable sharing what their GPA was and their volunteer experiences I would greatly appreciate it. Also which school they are applying from.  

I emailed them today because where I work needs me to sign next years contract by the 24th of this month. They told me they have a lot of applications and are working on it. So that was helpful! I am finishing my undergrad U of T and my GPA is a mid B for the final year. I have also been working full time as an assistant teacher in an elementary school since November. So I really hope my credentials are enough but I’m getting worried! How about you?

My GPA was also a mid B in year 3 since they are looking at that first. My final year GPA will be higher though. I have volunteered as a assistant teacher in a both a high school and elementary teacher since 2019. I have also been a private tutor since September. I hope they take the recommendation letters and statement of intent into account even more because it really shows who you are as a person and your experiences. 

18 minutes ago, AB12 said:

My GPA was also a mid B in year 3 since they are looking at that first. My final year GPA will be higher though. I have volunteered as a assistant teacher in a both a high school and elementary teacher since 2019. I have also been a private tutor since September. I hope they take the recommendation letters and statement of intent into account even more because it really shows who you are as a person and your experiences. 

Yeah I hope they look at that as well! Much better representation than my gpa tbh! I howls you get it sounds like you definitely have what they are looking for!

7 hours ago, AB12 said:

In my third year I had a mid A average (86%) and in my final year I have a 3.98 gpa average. I also have over 8000 hours of volunteer and work as a teachers assistant, tutor, camp councillor etc. I really hope they look at the applications soon,, I'm getting so worried. I also need to know what is happening to know if I should pay the security deposit for York :( It's so weird how they still didn't tell a lot of us anything meanwhile on their website it states they will let us know by end of March. I applied before the deadline... where is my decision :( 

6 minutes ago, futureed20 said:

In my third year I had a mid A average (86%) and in my final year I have a 3.98 gpa average. I also have over 8000 hours of volunteer and work as a teachers assistant, tutor, camp councillor etc. I really hope they look at the applications soon,, I'm getting so worried. I also need to know what is happening to know if I should pay the security deposit for York :( It's so weird how they still didn't tell a lot of us anything meanwhile on their website it states they will let us know by end of March. I applied before the deadline... where is my decision :( 

OMG if you do not get accepted I would write them a strongly worded letter. Also I got accepted to York but I did not receive any information on the security deposit for York, when do you have to pay it? 

4 minutes ago, AB12 said:

OMG if you do not get accepted I would write them a strongly worded letter. Also I got accepted to York but I did not receive any information on the security deposit for York, when do you have to pay it? 

Hey! I believe its sometime in June, I'll have to double check!