OISE Master of Teaching 2021 UofT

fxyz_

2 minutes ago, tonybeans said:

I got an e-mail saying a decision had been made on my application. I applied to all three divisions and I had three PDF documents uploaded telling me I'd been waitlisted. 

Wow! I've heard stories of people getting off the waitlist and it means you're not rejected and still in consideration! Best of luck '

Just now, Poscy said:

Wow! I've heard stories of people getting off the waitlist and it means you're not rejected and still in consideration! Best of luck '

I appreciate the kind words. A little hard not to feel bummed and rejected but I'm hoping that being waitlisted this early on means that I'll be on top on the list if anyone decides to reject their offer. Best of luck to you too! Fingers crossed for you and everyone else :)

On 2/17/2021 at 3:02 PM, optimistic_ said:

I just got accepted into MT for P/J and J/I. Took a week but it all worked out. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and I look forward to seeing those accepted there!

hey, congrats! May I ask when did you submit your application, and what is your Gpa and experience like?

11 minutes ago, futureed20 said:

hey, congrats! May I ask when did you submit your application, and what is your Gpa and experience like?

Thanks, I applied with an 82% average on my most recent year. I submitted basically the day of the early deadline, and my references were submitted within the week. I have about 1000 hours as an EA at my local school board, 750 hours of work and volunteer at a non profit working with kids with autism, 500 hours of private behaviour intervention work, and about 200 hours of classroom volunteer work, totalling at about 2500 hours.

3 hours ago, tonybeans said:

I got an e-mail saying a decision had been made on my application. I applied to all three divisions and I had three PDF documents uploaded telling me I'd been waitlisted. 

I think getting waitlisted is a good sign! 

On 2/17/2021 at 1:43 PM, s2021a said:

Hi everyone. 

I got accepted to both the MACSE and MT program. I am not sure which one to pick? Does anyone have any advice, what is the difference between these 2 programs?  Is anyone in the same boat as me. i am so confused. 

Hi! I'm just wondering how you check if you got into the MT program? I applied to both MACSE and MT and for some reason only MACSE shows up on my SGS. I'm just wondering how to check the status of my application?

3 hours ago, tonybeans said:

Hi! I'm just wondering how you check if you got into the MT program? I applied to both MACSE and MT and for some reason only MACSE shows up on my SGS. I'm just wondering how to check the status of my application?

On 2/17/2021 at 3:02 PM, optimistic_ said:

I just got accepted into MT for P/J and J/I. Took a week but it all worked out. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and I look forward to seeing those accepted there!

Hi! I'm just wondering how you check if you got into the MT program? I applied to both MACSE and MT and for some reason only MACSE shows up on my SGS. I'm just wondering how to check the status of my application for MT?

25 minutes ago, jay1238123 said:

Hi! I'm just wondering how you check if you got into the MT program? I applied to both MACSE and MT and for some reason only MACSE shows up on my SGS. I'm just wondering how to check the status of my application for MT?

That's peculiar. My sgs shows my MT application and I'd assume it would show both if you applied for multiple. You may want to contact admissions and inquire.

2 hours ago, jay1238123 said:

I'm having the same problem. When I click on application details MT is there but under my second choice... maybe thats why?!

Hi all! I applied to MT again for 2021 September, all divisions, after being waitlisted and never admitted last year. I'm a U of T graduate of Indigenous Studies and Geography, with various youth work, tutoring, and school-based experience. My GPA is probably just at the B+ mark now.

However last year I applied way later in April. I took another course in the Fall semester to up my GPA and took an additional tutoring position to up my appeal. I'm really hoping I can finally make it. This will be my third year trying for teaching programs around Toronto. I've been waitlisted/rejected from several programs. It's so competitive. 

Good luck to everyone, I hope we hear back soon!

1 hour ago, milkyb00 said:

Hi all! I applied to MT again for 2021 September, all divisions, after being waitlisted and never admitted last year. I'm a U of T graduate of Indigenous Studies and Geography, with various youth work, tutoring, and school-based experience. My GPA is probably just at the B+ mark now.

However last year I applied way later in April. I took another course in the Fall semester to up my GPA and took an additional tutoring position to up my appeal. I'm really hoping I can finally make it. This will be my third year trying for teaching programs around Toronto. I've been waitlisted/rejected from several programs. It's so competitive. 

Good luck to everyone, I hope we hear back soon!

Hey! I also applied with a similar GPA to the I/S stream. I have diverse experiences working with children. Which program were you waitlisted/rejected to? Goodluck everyone!

45 minutes ago, canada2021 said:

Hey! I also applied with a similar GPA to the I/S stream. I have diverse experiences working with children. Which program were you waitlisted/rejected to? Goodluck everyone!

Hey there! Last year I was waitlisted for J/I (which I have the most experience in) and rejected from P/J and I/S. 

3 hours ago, Poscy said:

Hey guys! Does anyone know how many people OISE MT accepts per year? I saw somewhere they only accept 60 people but idk if that's true.

I believe it’s the MA CSE that accepts around 60 and the MT is probably 100-200 (not sure on the MT tho!) 

On 2/19/2021 at 4:15 PM, jay1238123 said:

SGS only shows your first choice :)

On 2/19/2021 at 3:54 PM, tonybeans said:

You think? How so?

There's still a chance? Better than getting rejected outright. Sending good luck to you! 

I am yet to hear back from the status of my application. The anxiety is killing me. 

Edited by fxyz_

7 minutes ago, goodnightburrito said:

Does anyone know if there's been any kind of pattern to when people are accepted? Like do they send out responses on Wednesdays for example, or is it random? 

Don't know if this helps much, but I got my status changed and my acceptance on a Tuesday at around 5pm. But I had a friend who got accepted a day after me, so I don't think they send out acceptances on one particular day of the week! Hope this helps, hoping all of you hear back soon :)

6 minutes ago, m0811 said:

Don't know if this helps much, but I got my status changed and my acceptance on a Tuesday at around 5pm. But I had a friend who got accepted a day after me, so I don't think they send out acceptances on one particular day of the week! Hope this helps, hoping all of you hear back soon :)

Thank you! I've got my fingers and toes crossed that I hear soon! Congrats on your acceptance though!