Georgetown SFS - Fall 2021

niceswing

3 minutes ago, GradProsMPP said:

Had a chat with AD of admissions a few mins back. Her exact phrasing was "You should hear back from us in a week or so."

I suppose the waiting game continues! 

Oh man... 

If it makes you all feel better, Columbia SIPA sent out a newsletter last week saying, "Stop asking when we're releasing decisions, you're only delaying the process. The time it takes for us to answer your emails is the time we could be reviewing your apps." ?

This is getting super into the weeds, but I have a UPS delivery that showed up on my account for tomorrow from "WEBB MASON INC." and I have no idea what the package is, hopefully it's an acceptance letter lmao.

Edited by Rheana Gray

1 hour ago, Rheana Gray said:

This is getting super into the weeds, but I have a UPS delivery that showed up on my account for tomorrow from "WEBB MASON INC." and I have no idea what the package is, hopefully it's an acceptance letter lmao.

Hmmm, I have gotten into SAIS and Elliott so far and I didn't receive anything in the mail from either. But maybe SFS is different, or I might have clicked a box asking for electronic correspondence 

Hey folks--2018 SSP admit here.  SSP admits who receive scholarships receive informal offers early.  I received a small scholarship, so I got a phone call on (Monday) 3/12/18 at around 12pm EST from the Director of Admissions.  I received my official acceptance on (Friday) 3/16/18 at around 5pm EST.

That said, just because you didn't receive the informal acceptance yet doesn't mean an official acceptance isn't coming!  Still very much a possibility.  SSP (and all of SFS, for that matter) has limited funding for scholarships.

2 minutes ago, Sophia Eliana said:

Hey folks--2018 SSP admit here.  SSP admits who receive scholarships receive informal offers early.  I received a small scholarship, so I got a phone call on (Monday) 3/12/18 at around 12pm EST from the Director of Admissions.  I received my official acceptance on (Friday) 3/16/18 at around 5pm EST.

That said, just because you didn't receive the informal acceptance yet doesn't mean an official acceptance isn't coming!  Still very much a possibility.  SSP (and all of SFS, for that matter) has limited funding for scholarships.

this makes me feel even worse but i still appreciate you posting! haha

7 minutes ago, Sophia Eliana said:

Hi, Sophia. I was wondering what made you pick SSP over SAIS and the other programs you applied to?

Just now, Kole_Kolt said:

Hi, Sophia. I was wondering what made you pick SSP over SAIS and the other programs you applied to?

I loved how personalized the SSP process was.  Payton Tanner, then-Assistant Director of Admissions, was super friendly and answered my many application questions so many times.  She made it very apparent that the program is a tight-knit community--and she was right.  Beyond that, SSP seemed to have more practical and hands-on classes that directly prepared folks to work in national or international security.  I ended up getting into cyber threat analysis, and took some amazing classes within the Tech & Security concentration.

SAIS is an amazing program too, but SSP was the right fit for my interests and my personality.  IMO, you can't go wrong with either.

Just now, Sophia Eliana said:

I loved how personalized the SSP process was.  Payton Tanner, then-Assistant Director of Admissions, was super friendly and answered my many application questions so many times.  She made it very apparent that the program is a tight-knit community--and she was right.  Beyond that, SSP seemed to have more practical and hands-on classes that directly prepared folks to work in national or international security.  I ended up getting into cyber threat analysis, and took some amazing classes within the Tech & Security concentration.

SAIS is an amazing program too, but SSP was the right fit for my interests and my personality.  IMO, you can't go wrong with either.

Very cool. Thank you for your perspective!

I really hope that SFS is sending things electronically and not by snail mail aaaaa it would take a month to get here 

But I guess the waiting game continues...

3 hours ago, jellyana said:

I really hope that SFS is sending things electronically and not by snail mail aaaaa it would take a month to get here 

But I guess the waiting game continues...

Oh goodness, "Location:Japan."

I'm sure they'll have electronic results available.

Just now rejected from MASIA, at this point was expected given I didn't receive an informal email earlier like others on this thread.  Congrats to everyone who got in!

Edited by LeafJuice