2021 Rejection Thread

HomoLudens

3 hours ago, Potato Cactus said:

Does anyone know if WUSTL has rolling rejections? (Aside from those that will get rejected off a waitlist by April 15th.) 

I would also like to know if anyone has more info about WashU. I'm anxiously awaiting news after seeing all the rejections from last night. Should we expect acceptances and waitlists to be released imminently?

4 hours ago, kirad16 said:

Rejected by WUSTL on 1/29 also! Had no high hopes though, I agree with admissions committee that I am probably not a good fit ?

This is interesting. You mean that WUSTL specifically stated rejection was due to fit? My rejection from WUSTL simply said that I cannot be admitted after careful consideration ?

3 hours ago, thescientificmethod said:

This is interesting. You mean that WUSTL specifically stated rejection was due to fit? My rejection from WUSTL simply said that I cannot be admitted after careful consideration ?

Oh no, mine said the same thing. I just meant that I don't think my credentials are fit for WUSTL, and their program doesn't really fit with my interests, so I agree with admissions because they clearly think I'm not a good candidate for their school. Sorry for the confusion!

I have not heard from them either.  Since someone got in last Friday, maybe we will be on the waitlist...would seem silly to not do all rejections on one day, but also possible. 

4 hours ago, HomoLudens said:

I haven't received a rejection from Stony Brook yet, so I hope that is a good sign.