Silberman Fall 2021 MSW

vincentmsw

11 minutes ago, xreimi said:

Hi! I'm so happy to see all the acceptances.

I have a question I was hoping someone could maybe provide assistance with:

I was accepted in early March for the two year clinical track, and sent in my acceptance form via email as soon as I made my decision.

However, after I sent in the form, I realized about a week later that I never clicked on the enrollment link in the official acceptance letter on the application website. When I went to click on the link, I got a message that said the enrollment link was expired. I sent in an email asking if it would pose as an issue, but haven't heard back. I was told by someone (not someone from Silberman) that it was likely fine since I sent in the acceptance form and they confirmed receipt. However, as April is passing by, I'm growing more anxious about it.

I already sent an additional follow-up email, but haven't heard back yet. I was just wondering if anyone could send some words of reassurance.

One of my friends told me that someone on the admissions end might have confirmed my enrollment for me after I sent in the acceptance form, and I'm obviously hoping that's the case. 

Could anyone confirm for me what they see on their application decision? For me, under enrollment status, it says not yet started. I'm hoping that means that my decision was properly received.

Sorry for the super longwinded message. I'm just getting super worried lately and having heard about the welcome packages coming out is making me stress more.

Hey! 
On my application it states “submitted”. I wouldn’t worry too much. But I would definitely give an email/call to the dean of admissions for certainty. 

I hope that helps!

16 minutes ago, xreimi said:

I was accepted in early March for the two year clinical track, and sent in my acceptance form via email as soon as I made my decision.

However, after I sent in the form, I realized about a week later that I never clicked on the enrollment link in the official acceptance letter on the application website. When I went to click on the link, I got a message that said the enrollment link was expired. I sent in an email asking if it would pose as an issue, but haven't heard back. I was told by someone (not someone from Silberman) that it was likely fine since I sent in the acceptance form and they confirmed receipt. However, as April is passing by, I'm growing more anxious about it.

I already sent an additional follow-up email, but haven't heard back yet. I was just wondering if anyone could send some words of reassurance.

One of my friends told me that someone on the admissions end might have confirmed my enrollment for me after I sent in the acceptance form, and I'm obviously hoping that's the case. 

Could anyone confirm for me what they see on their application decision? For me, under enrollment status, it says not yet started. I'm hoping that means that my decision was properly received.

Sorry for the super longwinded message. I'm just getting super worried lately and having heard about the welcome packages coming out is making me stress more.

Hi! I had the exact same anxiety when I saw that my acceptance link was expired. While I didn't reach out to them about that directly, I was told that my enrollment acceptance was recieved and that there are no further steps for me to take at the moment. I'm sure it's fine! You're probably right that someone on the admissions end just updated that link for you. 

40 minutes ago, xreimi said:

When I accepted I clicked the link and completed the form . After the school sent me another form which equals a deposit for admission since it was canceled because of Covid. After in no particular order I received my email, cuny first, net I’d info, and pre orientation date.

Is anyone still waiting for an update for their application? I still see just "Submitted" on my profile, but have received no updates  regarding interviews, or if I have been accepted or not. Kinda just want to know if Im in or not lol. If anything I can try again for next year:) Congrats to all the new Acceptances and Enrollees ☺️!

Edited by ArcherKneess

2 hours ago, ArcherKneess said:

Is anyone still waiting for an update for their application? I still see just "Submitted" on my profile, but have received no updates  regarding interviews, or if I have been accepted or not. Kinda just want to know if Im in or not lol. If anything I can try again for next year:) Congrats to all the new Acceptances and Enrollees ☺️!

Hey there! A lot of people were stuck on submitted for months including me then it just suddenly updates to accepted or pending interview. Try using the chat function to talk with admissions on the admissions page. They never get back to you with email so make sure that someone is on the other end to answer your questions. Hope this helps and good luck!

Hi Everyone!!! This thread has really helped me through this process. I'm so thankful that you all are here.

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted and let's keep hope alive for pending acceptances!!!

I interviewed on April 8th. Although I made it through, the Online/Zoom group interview was very intimidating to me. Talk about nerves? I bombed it. So now I am here, consistently stalking this thread and my application page for a decision. ?

Will anyone be working full time while completing their MSW?

1 hour ago, LMSWbound said:

Hi Everyone!!! This thread has really helped me through this process. I'm so thankful that you all are here.

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted and let's keep hope alive for pending acceptances!!!

I interviewed on April 8th. Although I made it through, the Online/Zoom group interview was very intimidating to me. Talk about nerves? I bombed it. So now I am here, consistently stalking this thread and my application page for a decision. ?

Will anyone be working full time while completing their MSW?

Yeah they have a track for people already wording in the field (OYR) . Other than that in the interview and information session they said people can’t work and go to school Funtime because of the 20 hours a week internship

2 hours ago, Stephdiva08 said:

Good Morning , for anyone that RSVP for next week pre orientation session , did you receive a link for next weeks session or a confirmation email ? 

i have confirmed, but in my experience( info session and interview) they send the link to zoom sessions the day of, or the night prior. i didnt receive a email after i chose my day.

18 hours ago, Catlady23 said:

Has anyone had any contact with Hunter in regards to the possibility of Dorming for the MSW program?

ive emailed and called contacts listed on the website and have gotten zero response . Any help would be appreciated!

Living@Hunter Brookdale Campus Application Fall 2021 (cuny.edu) 

link for housing application. I think deadline is MAy 1st. Best of Luck.

1 hour ago, vincentmsw said:

I never got an email! When was it sent to you?

It was sent last week . I believe they only sent a selected few the welcome packages and pre orientation dates so far . 

36 minutes ago, ArcherKneess said:

Hi Everyone! So just received a confirmation for my interview this week:)!  A little nervous, but doing my best to prepare. Regarding the interview questions, what should I focus on?

Congrats! I was also quite nervous and I really wish I'd calmed my nerves sooner as it wasn't half as intimidating as I'd expected. The facilitator did her best to move us away from a competitive mindset, and that definitely helped. I was quite surprised about how personal the questions were. Think along the lines of: Why social work vs. other professions (for you), how your personal identity affects your work (referring to any volunteer or professional client-based work seemed fine), areas of today's world that would benefit from social work intervention. I really got the feeling that the interviewer wanted to get to know us as individuals, which I really appreciated, so focus on being authentic. 

Last bit of advice would be: don't "arrive" too early and awkwardly stare at your fellow interviewees while your nerves ramp up. Be on time and get going!

Hope this helps a bit. I'm still awaiting a decision myself so hopefully this advice is sound!

Hello @Ishita Islam

i am on Week 5 since I was interviewed. From what I heard from other people who were not interviewed and waiting for a response, it seems like your status will suddenly change probably by the end of this week. Or maybe Mid May I really don’t know.

I seriously hope they don’t tell us later than May because that’s just a lot on their behalf. Good luck to you

Hi everyone! I just received my welcome package via email last night. There was no mention of orientation at all in the email, but mention of pre-orientation. Am I supposed to register on the pre-orientation website? This all feels so messy and disorganized especially when I previously reached out, I was told to not worry and wait for instructions, but now they're saying I should have the immunization record form done and they should receive it by Thursday along with the fact that I can't register for classes until orientation and the forms. Registration is in less than a week......